Fpse for Android News

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby D69K » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:59 am

French could you please check the transparency with fast overlays mode ??
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

costi
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire Z
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Postby costi » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:19 pm

How long does one usually wait for the app after purchase?
I bough my copy yesterday, received the confirmation email from Google on 12:40 CET, and as of this moment I still have an "authorization in progress" message.

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:39 pm

Hadn't heard any mention of the squaresoft slowdown bug in quite a while, so I thought I'd broach the subject again. In many squaresoft rpgs, notably the final fantasy games, there is a major performance hit associated with the menu overlays. This can easily be seen in FF9. Just enter a battle, watch your framerates, and when the menus show up, hold square to hide them. You'll see that the menus cause the framerate to drop 30 to 50 percent. Has there been any progress on this issue?

suavethekid
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Postby suavethekid » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:26 pm

French I mean tekken 3 no screen filter can't even hit 50 fps very dissapointing schtruck any input?

jusama14
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: galaxy nexus

Postby jusama14 » Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:58 am

Hey, I just bought a micro sd card for my galaxy s and moved some games over to that. However now as soon as I click on a game to launch it, the app immediately crashes and returns to my home screen.

Any ideas?

Edit: I just tried loading them up with psx4droid and they boot just fine. So it can't be an issue with the microsd or the image.
Edit 2: It appears to be with games I used to play on FPse when they were on my internal storage. And once I moved them over they stopped working. Other games that I never loaded up on FPse (but I did move over to the external sd) work perfectly.
Edit 3: So I backed up my savestates and then went into settings -> Applications -> FPse and cleared the data. Now when I try to boot the games they work.

Do you know what could be causing this?

suavethekid
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Postby suavethekid » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:24 pm

I think I found a bug regarding 2 bluetooth controllers at once used for 2 player. I have tried everything it seems. 2 Wii motes connected through wii mote-ime with assigned hardware keys didnt work, the second controller began bugging out after the first button push. So then I tried to use fpse's controller recognition program to read 1 Icontrolpad and one Phonejoy with the same result of the second controller failing. Just a heads up, kind of wanted to play twisted metal 2 player at work :(

sebastian9
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: N7000XXLRG

Postby sebastian9 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:15 am

I have a question or request, rather, could be the filter screen a little less, it is way too blurry.
or just seems to me?
50% filter would be better

gg141717
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Z2
ROM: Stock

Postby gg141717 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:55 am

LouCipher wrote:Hadn't heard any mention of the squaresoft slowdown bug in quite a while, so I thought I'd broach the subject again. In many squaresoft rpgs, notably the final fantasy games, there is a major performance hit associated with the menu overlays. This can easily be seen in FF9. Just enter a battle, watch your framerates, and when the menus show up, hold square to hide them. You'll see that the menus cause the framerate to drop 30 to 50 percent. Has there been any progress on this issue?

Mentioned it many times before, no response what so ever. I dont think it is going to be fixed any time soon. It sucks because final fantasy series are the only games i play on my phone.

Fuego
Primary Device: Xperia Play 4G (on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: Stock

Postby Fuego » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:10 am

I wonder if the Square slow down bug is phone dependent. I am playing through FF7 on my G2 (stock) and haven't seen that bug. I enter a battle and hold down square. The menu disappears (but the stats still display) and the FPS stays at a constant 60 fps, no slowdown or even dip in performance.

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Fuego wrote:I wonder if the Square slow down bug is phone dependent. I am playing through FF7 on my G2 (stock) and haven't seen that bug. I enter a battle and hold down square. The menu disappears (but the stats still display) and the FPS stays at a constant 60 fps, no slowdown or even dip in performance.

fpse's performance has improved to the point that the problem only really manifests when screen filtering is on with reasonably fast devices (I have a G2 as well). But when filtering is on, it is EXTREMELY bad. Framerates without menus are a solid 60 fps, when menus are present, I get 30 fps. Not sure how schtruck is applying AA, but even if he could just add a tweak to not filter square's menu overlays, it would be an enormous improvement.

Return to “News”