Fpse for Android News

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby deejayzee » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:44 am

Badingerz wrote:Great app, kudos to Schtruck for updating & improving fpse every now and then.
But one thing I would like to point out is that it still crashes & closes very often in dual core mode, system instructs me to force mono core but its super slow running in mono core. So I still have to save my progress in my games every minute. Hope next update would fix this issue... Anyways, more power!

true, this needs to be fixed as soon as posible. I played MGS until the .24 update, but then '...Major update of Software drawing code, on Multi core devices...' made FPse less playable :( :( :(

norin
Primary Device: Padfone
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: stock + root

Postby norin » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:03 pm

@schtruck: Still slowdowns in Vagrant Story and Soul Reaver :-(

jbenam
Primary Device: JXD S7100B
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: Bitrider 1.0

Postby jbenam » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:51 pm

schtruck wrote:Guys i just update the OpenGL plugin for MALI400, i did a lot of optimisations, the pach is now 20 lines of code. and on my MALI400 the speedup is impressive!

let me know the result on your Note, GSIII and GSII !!!

Mali400, still returns back to menu on Playstation Logo.

EDIT: But it seems to work in HLE mode! (maybe the emu doesn't use the plugin in HLE mode?) - still 2/3 FPS in Lomax (a 2D game) though...
In Tekken 3 it's 30FPS, software mode IS actually faster! (and it has lots of black boxes)

40-45fps with Frameskip (which is good!) but models are lacking lots of polygons :( Maybe it's HLE's fault?

kwan728
Primary Device: galaxy npte
Operating System: androod 2.3.6

Postby kwan728 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:31 pm

schtruck wrote:Guys i just update the OpenGL plugin for MALI400, i did a lot of optimisations, the pach is now 20 lines of code. and on my MALI400 the speedup is impressive!

let me know the result on your Note, GSIII and GSII !!!

I tried it with dragon warrior 7 , it seems no slow down when talking to someone in the game. But still slow down in some area like below
Attachments
Screenshot_2012-06-30-22-09-09.png
Screenshot_2012-06-30-22-09-09.png (559.81 KiB) Viewed 16330 times

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:46 am

I just want to say thanks to Schtruck. Great work. Thank you.

About multi-core - I've seen lots of people say that it can cause crashes. In my experience it doesn't cause crashes (though I haven't used it much), but it does cause a stuttering effect - similar to turning on frame skip. However, the 'stuttering' is more than just graphics. The keys themselves become less responsive (have to push them multiple times sometimes) and if I have the FPS display on, it flashes. It's as if the entire emulation is 'stuttering'. Is this a known issue? Does anyone else have this issue / experienced this?

About the OpenGL plugin - is there any better documentation for it? I've read the help, and I've played around with the options extensively (for hours). I'm still curious as to what they do / when I should use many of the options - or when I should NOT use them.

Oh yeah, along with the new 'dynamic interpreter' I see there's also a 'fast boot' - what's that (it was checked)? And since I'm asking about something in the system menu - what's 'boost mode'? I never quite understood that.

Sorry if this is too many question. The main point of my post was to say thanks :). Again, thanks so much for all your work.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:40 pm

fpse causes cpu frequency/fps drops (1200-1600 mhz = 60+ fps, 800 MHz = 30-35 fps), maybe I should record movie to show what I mean. Even if I set min 1600 and max 1600 MHz and performance govenor (allways 1600 mhz even in idle) fpse causes drop to 800 ... and when I close fpse 800 MHz stay until I apply 1600 MHz again .... only fpse causes that
solution ?

http://youtu.be/Npwl8Dz55LI

Sorry for quality, something was wrong with auto focus and I'll fix it later. But everything what I want is vissible.
Last edited by gregory85 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zaroff
Primary Device: Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 2.3.6

Postby Zaroff » Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:42 pm

Suggestion: the "create icon" trick apparently doesn't work if you use any other launcher than stock; it only creates an icon on the homescreen. So, why not, instead of that, create an icon in the applications list? Is that possible?

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:24 pm

How do you make the screenshots ??
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

reloaded
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: samsung galaxy s3 (korean 3g)
Operating System: android
ROM: cooked

Postby reloaded » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:58 am

Thanks Schtruck for making one of the best app ever in android history.
Anyway ive been playing with this app since with my galaxy s 1. I had practically no problem with playing almost any games with fpse(psx4droid is just laughable)

But after seeing that you can use opengl, i was jawdropping and wanted to try it out.

sgs1 isnt that powerful enough so i bought the latest sgs3.

But despite my expectations there are still lags and freezes when playing with opengl on my sgs3.....

I dont believe its because of the hardware limitation but some problems with the opengl setting

so please fix it for us fans

especially when playing FFT, one of my favorite games, there is no serious lag until you command an attack which drops the fps to 15~20

anyway cheers~

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:14 pm

I dont believe its because of the hardware limitation but some problems with the opengl setting

Thats true, there must be a bug causing slowdowns on mali400 in opengl mode, check your cpu frequency during gameplay. App fo cpu frequency check -> cooltool

Return to “News”