Fpse for Android News

Tumalu
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Tumalu » Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:04 am

molitar wrote:Fatal flaws with FPSE. I setup Sixaxis using touch screen controls.. but even though the pad is not moving my characters keep walking SE. Secondly the analog is not working in Chrono Cross.. I try to move by the Controller or touch and it does not work.. Fatal bugs that make the game unplayable.

Yes, I have witnessed and detected some fatal mistakes in this newer version regarding buttons etc as well.

For example, the r1 and r2 buttons have reversed functions now. In FF9 r2 was to change pov and r1 and l1 to look around you, now this is r2 and l2. Wasn't like this on older versions before the last two. Also on my original playstation the buttons are like.the previous versions as well.

However schtruck did not acknowledged this yet. Hope he will and change it back again. It's only with the r1, r2, l1 and l2 buttons that have reversed function now.

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:49 pm

Developer has reported this a bug with the new version and plans to contact you Schtruck.

I had a play with the latest version of FPse, and it appears you might be right. If you don't use (better yet, don't map in FPse) the D-Pad, then the glitch does not occur. It seems this is actually a bug with FPse though, so I will pass this information on to the developer.

Cheers,
Earl

I imagine he is saying use the touch controls for everything but the directional.

Now the latest version on my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3.. After the plugin updates I can no longer use OpenGL I get a force close... The plugin is broken for SG3 now completely where is the older plugin before you started updating the current one in the last day or two, because I can't even use it now with this version. Second is the bug with Sixaxis Controller. My framerates with the version before this new OpenGL this was no worse or much better than my EVO 3D was... I get about 10 more fps for around 55 fps. I still got the load screen bug where the screen is all glitched and I have tried all different settings in the video settings for example I can only get the pull up to use an item window to display correctly if the background goes black by using offscreen drawing. I wish this bug would get fixed it makes it hard to allocate elements in the game because the screen is so messed up and only happens in OpenGL mode.

Bugs:
1. OpenGL force close
2. Analog does not work not even by touch controls
3. Video still messed up in Chrono Cross
4. Mapping D pad is not working correctly

anymeeds
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Infuse 4g
Operating System: Android 2.3.6
ROM: stock

Postby anymeeds » Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Hello i'm new here but been seeing a bug since 0.11.29 when i select the bios it never saves and also my backup i made with my saves are not loading either. Anybody else have this problem or am i the only one.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:27 pm

@molitar

Instructions on getting your ps3 pad working correctly for fpse

First off
Clear all your data for
Fpse+sixaxes controller app
Be make sure its a clean setup.

Run sixaxes controller app
Press the menu button to bring up preferences.
And follow this.
Keyboard emulation/key mappings/1st controller/edit mappings
Press on select key it should be set to back.
Change it from back to escape.
That's sixaxes controller app sorted.

Next is fpse
Map all buttons apart from direction buttons thay should be setup correctly.

Now everything should work correctly for you
Hope this helps

Catch ya later..
Galaxy note 9 exynos

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:35 pm

i'm listening all the problems reports,

first about menu, i will propose a new menu like the old Android style menu, but better arranged . you'll answer me if my proposition answer to everyone.

then i'll ask you to translate in different languages this menu.

next opengl plugin must be downloaded because the old one can't be loaded manually just because fpse is ready to load the future opengl-es 2.0 and is checking the version of the plugin which is a new function. that why manual loade plugin will crash.

i have to check the reported inversion of L1/R1 L2/R2

and i have to check the slowdown reported when Dpad is printed. is it all?

Azerty16

Postby Azerty16 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:46 pm

A new menu would be great because the actual menu look weird, i really prefer the android menu

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:01 pm

Just realized dual core has stopped working for me. It seems to start stuttering. worked fine previously

yummers
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android
ROM: Final Fantasy IX

Postby yummers » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Using a Samsung galaxy s3, trying to play ff9. This most recent update has started constant crashes whenever I try to play. Before the update fpse would crash occasionally (switching to force mono core mode would fix this, but it would slow down battle screen to about 30fps). Now I can only play for about a minute before the screen just freezes. I can access fpse's menu fine and it's running at 60fps before it freezes. Because there is no error screen and it only started after I updated I have to assume the new update has caused this problem.

Edit: I tried switching to force mono core and this bypassed the screen freeze problem (apparently it wasn't crashing, the screen was probably just freezing). Normally I need to restart fpse when I switch to mono core, but it wasn't necessary in this situation. Can switch back to dual core and the program responds normally.
Last edited by yummers on Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:49 pm

have you got 0.11.32?

yummers
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android