vlada
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia Ray
Operating System: Android
ROM: ICS

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby vlada » Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:58 am

schtruck one offtopic question-

Is there any other way to purchase FPSE (credit card, moneybookers)?

GooglePlay(wallet) and PayPal arent available in my country.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:27 am

ok, I've done more testing, including using the new plugin schtruck posted:

- I didn't see any sound issues (gamerguy80)
    - start/select buttons - they work in portrait mode, it's landscape that always requires re-enabling them
    - opengl (testing with FF9)
      - anti aliasing fixed almost everything for me - amazing!!! SUPER speed increase. fixed weird colors and shading/outlining. the fitz nailed it here, though he said it was modest. nothing modest about jit for me! HUGE ... doubled or tripled FPS.
      - alpha multipass - used to be needed in work as long as you restored from a memory card save, now you have to use the other trick which is to touch something that forces the hand to come up (staircase, itme to inspect, etc).
      - alpha multpass (2) - used to be required for some graphics. I would need to revalidate. but some things that used to fail now work, just not great - examining an item used to cause a small bubble with hierogliphics without it. now, without it the small bubble comes up, but the symbol in it is understandable (usaully a question mark), but it's sahded wrong (all black). also, there's no shadows without alpha multipass - but again, unless you do the 'fix' the shadows are huge black squares.
      - these changes make me wonder again if we're using the opengl2.could just be optimizations to the existing opengl - but it seems a bit of a dramatic change, and the fact that the old plugin now causes FC. makes me want to check all the settings again like I did when writing my opengl guide. last time I had the notes from pete though. if you're using the linux version of the opengl2 pluginI could check his notes on it.
      - ultimately, with anti aliasing on, the plugin is about as good as it was before. maybe better in some places, maybe not quite as good in others. usable.
    - opelgl test 2 file - I went back and tested the in emu d/l of opengl, and the 2nd posted testopengl - I don't see any difference.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:11 am

Does the 2nd plugin provided work with Mali?

Tumalu
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Postby Tumalu » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:17 am

Thank you for updating FPse again. However, pad layout start and select buttons does not seem to be remembered anymore! Have to set it each time once I load an Iso again.

Opengl still also doesn't seem to work in flawless speeds on my SII.

Tumalu
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Postby Tumalu » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:39 am

Bluezeak, do you have any faq as to how to manually set an opengl plugin for testing? U also play FF9 in software mode at max speed but want to play in opengl.

Or is my phone too slow for this? You seem to know, perhaps you have a good config of settings for FF9 to use?

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:53 am

plugintest2 -

Games wont boot with antialiazing on.
Slight speed increase. Not enough for me to play with
Can't change settings in game. Have to exit emu for them to take effect
Boxes around 3d objects gone
Overblood- Screen too bright
Corruptions in loading screens menus and splash screens in most games I've tried

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:22 pm

so i've done some testing with the new build. My device has TI OMAP 4430 CPU @ 1.2 GHz with PowerVR SGX540. i'm using custom JB rom.

-in software/monocore mode it runs great, very smooth without screenfiltering. it runs always @53-54 fps(i dunno why but i always get maximum of 54 fps in all benchmarks), and the speed feels like it should be on a real console.

-in software/dualcore mode it runs @60 fps, even with screenfiltering, but the image is not smooth (with or without screenfiltering), and is a bit quicker than normal.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:58 pm

ok i just broken my head to simplify Drawing code and avoiding this freeze. it's now really faster and smoother in dual core as well as mono core. In Dual core thread priodity is now very important, but normaly by default it should be perfect for every devices.

in fact i use now double buffering between C and Java, this mean in fact Triple buffer with the PSX buffering.

i try now that to support dual core on mono devices. i'm just curious and will release a new quick fix. STart/select are now sticked on the screen....

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Schtruck,

Is there anything special I need to do when using Sixaxis with FPSE? I find the buttons are all wrong.. The buttons that work are all mapped wrong with Sixaxis. Also the start and select buttons do not work but the left analog stick works fine. The game acts really funny with the results in the game itself as if I pressed the movement in the wrong direction or hit the wrong button.. btw new device Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 :)

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:39 pm

is it native support or you use a tool to pair the sixasis?

Return to “News”