Fpse for Android News

zdubin
Primary Device: HTC Thunderbolt
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock Rom

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby zdubin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:45 am

I still can't get my analog Phonejoy to be detected by fpse. I start bluez IME and map the buttons to use fpse. N64oid does work in analog mode with the Phonejoy.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:51 am

Do not Activate IME within BLuez IME, or it won't work with FPse, just select device and type of device connected.

For the rest it's automatic.

N64oid use HID driver, i use Native driver of Bluez IME. At Select IME do not choose Bluez.

danfrw
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S 2
ROM: Stock

Postby danfrw » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:07 am

Hi schtruck

I have done as you said and not activated IME within Bluez but I can still only get the analog to work but CANNOT remap any buttons. I have tried this in the past and various other methods of connecting but I simply cannot get analog working AND be able to remap buttons at the same time.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dan

I just wanted to say that this method works in N64oid where you can get the analog to work and also remap the keys within N64oid at the same time. Is there any way you can enable fpse to do this?

Many thanks for the great emulator

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:18 am

dan, you don't need to MAP , it's mapped by default. that why i choosen Native method instead of HID mehod, to avoid remaping.

Now that's true i haven't checked myself the phonejoy coz i don't have one, but there is no reason it won't work because all others supported device work. i remember a beta tester told me it wasn't worked but once he switched off IME, it worked.

Unselect BLUEZ IME into Android menu Parameters ' Language and keyboard'

danfrw

Postby danfrw » Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:28 am

schtruck

I've unticked the Bluez IME in Langauge and Keyboard but still the same.

I understand what you are saying about the automatic mapping of keys by fpse but I would like the option to remap the buttons of my icontrolpad myself since it only has L1 and R1 buttons no L2 and R2. For example within medal of honor L1 is for crouching and R1 is for reloading. L2 is for aiming and R2 for firing - I cannot use these buttons since the icontrolpad doesnt have them. I would like to be able to remap the L1 icontrolpad button to L2 and the R1 button to R2.

Do you see what I mean?

Thanks

Dan

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:06 pm

dan, can you just confirm that analog pad works? because they are always in native mode, no HID for Analogs.

danfrw

Postby danfrw » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:23 pm

schtruck

Yes I can confirm that the analog pads do both work. Its when the analog pads are working that I am unable to remap any keys......

Thanks

Dan

Krislawl
Primary Device: Motorola Droid

Postby Krislawl » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:58 am

are the xperia play analogs ever going to be added? i don't understand how scripting something that basic would take this long

IOFILE
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Droid Incredible
Operating System: Adroid 2.3
ROM: NilsBusiness Gingersense 3.5 v1.5

Postby IOFILE » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:47 am

One thing I really don't like in the new version is that sharp overlay setting has been taken away. Can I turn it back on in the fpse.ini even though the setting isn't there under video? The skin I prefer really requires it, and since I just wiped my phone, I can't revert back to 0.10.57. Is there a way of getting that version back somehow until the issue has been fixed. Unfortunately, the update nixed my playing. Great job on performance boosts though!

IOFILE
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Droid Incredible
Operating System: Adroid 2.3
ROM: NilsBusiness Gingersense 3.5 v1.5

Postby IOFILE » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:34 am

Oh, and one last thing I thought I would point out. When you change the screen size to something smaller than fullscreen, the sections of the overlay pads that are outside the boundaries of the resized screen are opaque. This never used to be the case when selecting original screen size in the last version. The black borders on the side still dulled the overlapping touchpads so the entire overlay pad looked transparent and not just the sections that were over the screen.

Return to “News”