Fpse for Android News

Kierek
Primary Device: HTC Sensation @1566 MHz
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Kierek » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:58 pm

tetsuokenpachi wrote:The sticky keys: definitely related to the frame skipping and boost too.

Hey! You can be right. When I disabled frameskipping, there are no sticky keys, but gameplay is slow. I hope that our coding God will fix this fast ;)

@down

I'm so glad, that we've finally found the problem :D
Last edited by Kierek on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phrozen087
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Liberty v1.5

Postby phrozen087 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:39 pm

tetsuokenpachi wrote:The guys having color issues: it's normal and schtruck said they will revert it. Just be patient.

The sticky keys: definitely related to the frame skipping and boost too.

I had wondered why I have personally never encountered sticky keys. I am using a Droid 2 with no frameskip and boost off. My framerate has always been good so I have never needed to use frameskipping. After I read your comment I tried it out also. I was able to get sticky keys in Crash bandicoot warped. Not a big issue for me but it looks like you may have found the missing link for others. I am surprised no one ever mentioned they used frameskip before. Just to note: They way I normally use FPSE (on my Droid 2) with NO frameskip, and NO boost I personally haven't had a single sticky key issue since 0.10.4.

max3000 wrote:I'm sorry about sounding like a broken record, but that FFIX menu issue is still unresolved.

The new FPS counter confirms it - solid 60 in a fight without the stats - drops to 35 with stats.

Also I noticed a bug - the overlay touchpad keeps going back each time I start FPSe although I've tried to disable it.

What FFIX issue? I have played through an entire disc on FPSE and haven't had a single issue with FFIX (menus, fmvs, world and battle all work perfectly fine). If you are talking about frameskip getting rid of the menus this is a problem related to how square coded the refresh setting in some of their games and likely won't be fixed soon.

For your second answer using the global pad disable appears to be a temporary setting. Its been mentioned many times in this thread that if you want to disable the touchscreen pad completely you need to go into the individual buttons and just disable all of the buttons (button0, button 1, etc... uncheck all of them). They won't show up any longer.

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:30 pm

phrozen087 wrote:
tetsuokenpachi wrote:What FFIX issue? I have played through an entire disc on FPSE and haven't had a single issue with FFIX (menus, fmvs, world and battle all work perfectly fine). If you are talking about frameskip getting rid of the menus this is a problem related to how square coded the refresh setting in some of their games and likely won't be fixed soon.

The issue with FFIX is not missing menus, it's a significant slowdown when the menus and dialog boxes are displayed. To see this, enter a battle, and watch the framerate. When the menu is displayed, press and hold the square button to hide the menus, and watch the framerate go up by 30%. Let go of the button to show the menus again, and the framerate will drop like a goddamn stone. It's not just FFIX, it's most square rpgs. Also, this is much more noticable with screen filtering on.

Primary Device: ZTE Blade

Postby 90180360 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:05 pm

crualfoxhound wrote:Only thing I would like to have is soundtrack on my wipeout games.

I came here to say the exact same thing! Can't believe Wipeout 2097 / XL runs full speed on my ZTE Blade!! :shock:

Please keep up the amazing work, devs!!

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Final Fantasy IX Menu fix(?)

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:13 pm

Ok my dear Final Fantasy IX fans, I figured out how to make battles and menus as fast as the rest of the game. I played it yesterday and there was no slowdown, but today there was, so I tried out all settings and then, REBOOTED MY PHONE! Everytime I open up the settings menu, it will slow down again.

Here are my settings:
Bios 1001
mdec and gte and hle DISABLED
SPU sync on
Video Framelimiter on, no frameskip.

Thats it, I hope it helps you too!

phrozen087
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Liberty v1.5

Postby phrozen087 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:22 pm

LouCipher wrote:
phrozen087 wrote:
tetsuokenpachi wrote:What FFIX issue? I have played through an entire disc on FPSE and haven't had a single issue with FFIX (menus, fmvs, world and battle all work perfectly fine). If you are talking about frameskip getting rid of the menus this is a problem related to how square coded the refresh setting in some of their games and likely won't be fixed soon.

The issue with FFIX is not missing menus, it's a significant slowdown when the menus and dialog boxes are displayed. To see this, enter a battle, and watch the framerate. When the menu is displayed, press and hold the square button to hide the menus, and watch the framerate go up by 30%. Let go of the button to show the menus again, and the framerate will drop like a goddamn stone. It's not just FFIX, it's most square rpgs. Also, this is much more noticable with screen filtering on.

I tried what you said and i ran at around ~58-61fps with the menus not showing and dropped to ~49fps at the lowest with the menus showing. Aside from the fps drop i didn't really notice much of a change in actual gameplay speed on my phone. I guess I just had never really noticed it before since I was so used to the garbage emulation of psx4droid on the Droid 2 phones (where lag was so bad I rarely had above 30fps). It was a lot more noticeable with screen filtering on, but since I didn't realize screen filtering was actually anti-aliasing in the beginning, I just got used to playing without it. I'm not quite sure I'd call it a huge problem as the game is definitely still playable. Also if I don't have overlays enabled I don't really notice more than a 5-6 fps loss and thats really only on spell casts. Just a thought but perhaps when schtruck changes the overlay code to the code he is working on that doesn't use nearly as much CPU it will clear up this issue?

thewolf16
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4, Nvidia Shield T
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby thewolf16 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:42 pm

The guys having color issues: it's normal and schtruck said they will revert it. Just be patient.

Thank you for this information. Hope this will be fixed in the next update.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi all.
Found another sticky pad problem on final fantasy 7 disc 2
While flying in the highwing chasing weapon ( the dragon monster)
The circle button sticks do you keep moving forwards and dpad directions stop you from turning.

My settings are
Spu sync on
Mdec on
Gte on
Fast boot on
Framelimiter on.
Frameskip off
Screen filtering off

Cya...
Galaxy note 9 exynos

Ti3noU
Primary Device: HD2 1.3GHz /GT- i9000 1.54GHz
ROM: CM7.2 / Android 2.3.7 - CM9 / Android 4.0.3

Postby Ti3noU » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:58 pm

Yeah sticky keys aren't related to frameskipping or boost mode, I'm experiencing the issue and never used those.
It's far less happening since the last update though.

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Ti3noU wrote:Yeah sticky keys aren't related to frameskipping or boost mode, I'm experiencing the issue and never used those.
It's far less happening since the last update though.

I've tested with frameskipping and boost on and off and I still have the sticky key issue.

Return to “News”