Fpse for Android News

suavethekid
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby suavethekid » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:23 am

REQUEST please schtruck make it so camera key doesnt pull you out of fpse to camera app. When im on load iso screen it doesnt pull me out to camera app but once in game it does. Fixing this will make resident evil amazingly more playable should be an easy fix...Thanks in advance buddy.

gg141717
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Z2
ROM: Stock

Postby gg141717 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:02 am

dannejanne wrote:
leon1z wrote:the menu slowing down in FF 7 8 9 goes for me to , the games run smoothly in normal scen , when the scene involve menu ( battle , game menu , chat log,etc...) it slows down

For me it slows down mostly when a battle starts and at the end of a battle when entering the menu (sometimes in battle when much happens). After a battle is where the biggest slowdown happens when the menu appears. But it mostly seems to be affecting the music because the framerate only dips for a very short time but the music still goes very slow for a few seconds even though the framerate is shown as 50-60. I can get some very minor slowdowns in dialogs occasionally but that's not as much of an issue for me.

In FF8 it is like this, in 9 there is constant slowdown in battle because of HP/MP menu. This makes the battles very slow. Pressing O hides the menu and voila, back at 60fps. I hope it can be fixed, i love FF series:D

AdamJT186
Primary Device: Samsung galaxy s i9000
ROM: stock

Postby AdamJT186 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:20 am

Whats the best gamepad for a galaxy s? Wish we could use the gamegripper, ive had a look at the bgp 100 (think thats what its called) but it would be awesome if there was one you could use while in landscape, is there any in the works? Thanks

dannejanne
Primary Device: Xperia PLAY

Postby dannejanne » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:38 am

gg141717 wrote:In FF8 it is like this, in 9 there is constant slowdown in battle because of HP/MP menu. This makes the battles very slow. Pressing O hides the menu and voila, back at 60fps. I hope it can be fixed, i love FF series:D

Yeah. It's a shame that frameskip makes the FF games buggy because when turned on the slowdowns in the game menu goes away, but adds buggs in battles which makes them not playable.

dannejanne
Primary Device: Xperia PLAY

Postby dannejanne » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:02 pm

And if I recall correctly FF games ran a tad faster before he implemented the huge speed increase update a while back. I did not notice this much slowdowns in FF9 battles prior to that. And right after that update I thought to myself that FF7 slowdowns got a bit worse too after battles. So while some games indeed ran much faster FF games seems to have taken a hit instead.

Not 100% sure of this but it's the feeling I have gotten. If my mind serves me right I think v0.10.19 ran FF games a little faster. I could be wrong though.

edit: i was wrong because I just not tested 0.10.19 and it had the same slowdowns.
Last edited by dannejanne on Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kierek
Primary Device: HTC Sensation @1566 MHz
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3

Postby Kierek » Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:22 pm

suavethekid wrote:REQUEST please schtruck make it so camera key doesnt pull you out of fpse to camera app. When im on load iso screen it doesnt pull me out to camera app but once in game it does. Fixing this will make resident evil amazingly more playable should be an easy fix...Thanks in advance buddy.

The same happens for me. This problem doesn't exist in Gameboid. I hope it's easy to fix.

EliteNemesis14
Primary Device: Samsung Captivate
Operating System: Gingerbread 2.3.5
ROM: CM7.1 RC1 keeping up with nightlies

Postby EliteNemesis14 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Whats the best gamepad for a galaxy s? Wish we could use the gamegripper, ive had a look at the bgp 100 (think thats what its called) but it would be awesome if there was one you could use while in landscape, is there any in the works? Thanks
The ONLY BT pad that works for Galaxy S phones is the Zeemote.....which sucks real bad. Got mine and within 10 min, the joystick was sticking to one direction....

edit: there is also the iControlpad.(<-Google it) Its supposed to work will all BT protocols, but i don't have one or know anyone that has it to confirm. Its also outrageously over-priced.

templarmonk
Primary Device: Motorola Milestone
ROM: FroyoMod 2.6

Postby templarmonk » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Latest version works great for me. Thanks!

AdamJT186

Postby AdamJT186 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:24 pm

EliteNemesis14 wrote:
The ONLY BT pad that works for Galaxy S phones is the Zeemote.....which sucks real bad. Got mine and within 10 min, the joystick was sticking to one direction....

edit: there is also the iControlpad.(<-Google it) Its supposed to work will all BT protocols, but i don't have one or know anyone that has it to confirm. Its also outrageously over-priced.

what do mean by 'BT'? is the msi bpg 100 not bt? :S sorry im really confused i know this device (bgp 100) works with the galaxy s but it dosent clip on to it so its probably awkward to use

also on the fpse settings, under input and 'bluetooth pad port' there are only two options, the bgp 100 and zeemote, does this mean the icontrolpad wont connect with fpse? cause i probably would buy this as its perfect

thanks

AdamJT186

Postby AdamJT186 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:42 pm

oyea also can you use these game pads on other games like gameloft games?

Return to “News”