Fpse for Android News

frannymac
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HP Touchpad

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby frannymac » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:10 am

hello all

i recently put android on my TouchPad and am very interested in the Fpse app. wondering if it is possible to play multiplayer games, such as Tekken, using two wii remotes?

Grape
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Operating System: Android

Postby Grape » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:29 am

There is a graphical crash in "Breath of fire 3" when casting heal magic or using heal items. It happens very often, so it makes this game impossible to play. Samsung Galaxy S, android 2.2.

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:19 pm

I've installed one of the ICS betas for my Xperia Play (the Sony Rom, with root) and FPSE runs greatss. The new Adreno drivers really seem to improve performance. Now if only we could get that garbage in the margins in 4:3 mode fixed.

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:32 pm

schtruck wrote:i talked with LDchen about this problem, and it's possible that Chronos Cross still need something that has been removed (busy bit Fix), because he thought it wasn't more necessary with last changes on core. He's investigating actually.

On my side, i have Updated FPse with Last version of SDK (4.0.3), and it seems to work better now, (yes still compatible with 2.1 and up. previously was using 2.2 sdk)

I have added a new option from Video menu to for 2D GPU acceleration for software mode, it seems to gives a small boost, and on My device, the Screen Filtering do not slowdown so much than without this option Set.

i'm currently adding USB/BT Joystick Center analog Stick support, which work on ANdroid > 3.1, but a very good software which let you use any USB or BT Pad, without rooting your phone. I asked to author if he could support phone resolution, because actually it's limited to 1024x600 or more, but while SGII and many other will update to ICS, i think this software will be very interresting.

Will we be seeing any update on this soon? It's a pain but my phone keeps updating to FPSE 0.11.4 which in Chrono Cross crashes after about 25% of the time after battle so I had to go find a 0.11.3 apk that I can keep downgrading too to play the game at all. I am really hoping for an update to the currently crashing version.

Kirbay
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: RAZR MAXX

Postby Kirbay » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:04 pm

schtruck wrote:ok i confirm the New Framelimiter works like a charm with OpenGL plugin, i tried Legend of Dragoon and in COmbat i got 60fps everytime, while with Pete plugin framelimiter i had between 40 and 60fps.. so big slowdown.

If people report that new Framelimiter works better i'll put it by default, for now it's an Option in VIDEO menu.

I'll release the new version very soon (perhaps this evening).

Stay tunned guys.

Any news on when we might see this update that uses a different framelimiter?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:55 am

yes, sorry for the delay, i was expecting quick help from Intel about the MALI bug , and that take more time....

But during, i made something very cool, OpenGL plugin is downloaded and installed automatically by Pressing the button From MISC menu.

Another very interresting thing is that Native PAD from ICS is supported, this simply mean that you plug your Xbox360 wireless adapter or PS3 wireless adapter, and Analog Stick are set automatically.

Stay about 1 day of work before ready for a release.

Samlock
Primary Device: Xperia PLAY
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Samlock » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:02 pm

schtruck wrote:
*snip*

About Xperia play, i tried to add Analog support, another time using a trick with last SDK and all in just one version for all, but for now that has failed, Android doesn' t like to have a standard Activity and a Native Activity into the same application. That's why the answer will be ICS which should be released very soon and if Sony did a good job (without no doubt), Analog Support will be supported natively, no need to change Code of FPse, perhaps uses of Joystick Center will be necessary. (Anyone has a beta version of ICS for Xperia play?)

I like this news :P

schtruck, seen this yet? Official release shouldn't be far off now :)

elvisburdajs
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S II
Operating System: Android 4.0.3 ICS
ROM: Stock

Postby elvisburdajs » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:19 pm

There's a common issue with SGS2 touchscreen response/sensitivity on ICS http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1559015 , which makes normal gameplay almost impossible (it's not so noticeable in more simple games and apps). I haven't tried compiling the kernel as shown in the xda thread yet (lack of knowledge), but TouchScreenTune.apk doesn't seem to make any difference..

Is there any way to apply a fix just within the emulator? Any other suggestions? Just to mention, before the upgrade (from Gingerbread) all versions of FPse were working like a charm! ;)

One more possibly silly question. As ICS brings native support for HW, doesn't it make the external OpenGL plugin redundant?

Anyway, i'm looking forward to the update.. Keep up the good work schtruck!

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:52 am

schtruck wrote:yes, sorry for the delay, i was expecting quick help from Intel about the MALI bug , and that take more time....
Does that mean it may be fixed?: D
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

shawnbouton@yahoocom
Primary Device: sony s tablet
Operating System: 3.2.1 honeycomb
ROM: stock.... :(

Postby shawnbouton@yahoocom » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:06 pm

so glad to see a developer still working on his projects. tired of buying products for them to abandoned weeks later thanks for your work. im looking forward to the new update.

Return to “News”