crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby crualfoxhound » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:19 pm

@ i900frenchaddict

I'm using a galaxy note running a Ics rom (imika aosp v5)

Just done a multi touch benchmark test.
All 10 fingers touches are in correct place and moving response time is perfect.
Haven't had any issue with multi touch on any emulator running ether gingerbread or Ics
But it sound like a kernel bug on the galaxy nexus.

Hope that help clear things up.
Catch ya later.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

Moonboy
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Xoom 3g
Operating System: Android 3.2
ROM: Stock

Postby Moonboy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:07 am

I just bought and booted crash 3. The graphics were terrible, so i loaded the opengl and wooow, huge difference.

With Bios, water are black and distant graphics keep flashing black. Without bios, this problem is solved, but all shadows are rendered just as transparent big black square.

Also the music is weird, accelerated and with distortion.

I have a Xoom 1 3g with stock 3.2.

If i can provide any info to make the opengl better, please let me know.

Thanks.

gamerr
Primary Device: desire hd
Operating System: android
ROM: gg

Postby gamerr » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:11 am

I posted the video to show the problem with framelimiter. Please explain why when you turn framlimiter fps drops, and does not give 60fps? Although no framlimiter calm 90fps issues, included framlimiter and he does not throw 60. 60 fps is the norm for the game. To see the video please contact the youTube nickname cannonwizord. There is only one video about fpse.

gamerr

Postby gamerr » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:13 am

m.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=ru_RU&client=mv-google&v=ZiDBItSKG_M

gamerr

Postby gamerr » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:13 am

youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=ru_RU&client=mv-google&v=ZiDBItSKG_M

gamerr

Postby gamerr » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:21 am

I posted the video to show the problem with framelimiter. Please explain why when you turn framlimiter fps drops, and does not give 60fps? Although no framlimiter calm 90fps issues, included framlimiter and he does not throw 60. 60 fps is the norm for the game.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiDBItSKG_M&sns=em

Dragoth

Postby Dragoth » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:44 pm

gamerr wrote:I posted the video to show the problem with framelimiter. Please explain why when you turn framlimiter fps drops, and does not give 60fps? Although no framlimiter calm 90fps issues, included framlimiter and he does not throw 60. 60 fps is the norm for the game.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiDBItSKG_M&sns=em

Even though i hate quoting this guy... he has a good point.

I am also having this problem and it's a pretty big performance issue for me. It's kind of annoying also, because it used to work perfectly in the old versions before opengl was implemented.

To translate what he is saying:

• When activating Framelimiter AND Frameskip the FPS suffers alot. ("does not give 60fps")
  • When activating only Framelimiter and no Frameskip, everything seems to go as expected. ( mostly low fps on my phone)
  • When activating Frameskip and no Framelimiter i get very high FPS (70-90 FPS)

What kind of confuses me, is that nobody else seems to acknowledge this problem... :(

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:46 pm

ok guys, i've finished my Analog Pad implementation for Joystick Center, and it works perfectly. PS3 pad, XBox360 pad and many others are fully usuable!

About the framelimiter there is something which exist with peops gpu opengl plugin , it's manual framelimiter, i'll add quickly an option to select AUTO/25/30/50/60 within MISC menu, like that, you will be able to force the frameskip level if the Auto level gives bad result.

fyatwyrio
Primary Device: tmobile LG G2x
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: stock

Postby fyatwyrio » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:13 pm

Dragoth wrote:
gamerr wrote:I posted the video to show the problem with framelimiter. Please explain why when you turn framlimiter fps drops, and does not give 60fps? Although no framlimiter calm 90fps issues, included framlimiter and he does not throw 60. 60 fps is the norm for the game.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiDBItSKG_M&sns=em

Even though i hate quoting this guy... he has a good point.

I am also having this problem and it's a pretty big performance issue for me. It's kind of annoying also, because it used to work perfectly in the old versions before opengl was implemented.

To translate what he is saying:

• When activating Framelimiter AND Frameskip the FPS suffers alot. ("does not give 60fps")
  • When activating only Framelimiter and no Frameskip, everything seems to go as expected. ( mostly low fps on my phone)
  • When activating Frameskip and no Framelimiter i get very high FPS (70-90 FPS)

What kind of confuses me, is that nobody else seems to acknowledge this problem... :(

Yeah, I've noticed and mentioned the same type of thing. Hopefully the gpu plugin limiter schtruck is enabling will work better.

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:23 pm

It would be very nice to have this manual frameskip settings in Software Mode too. :)

Return to “News”