Fpse for Android News

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby icelaglace » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:16 pm

Rotkaeqpchen wrote:I am really sorry to say that, schtruck, because I think you are a great developer, and FPse is great also. But all those updates have not improved FPse on my device, made it even worse. I tested all updates and I always have to downgrade back to 0.10.15 ... Especially the sound timing and quality got worse over those updates. 0.10.15 is the only version, where I can play Final Fantasy IX with good sound, although there is a bug that screws it up.

Schtruck, maybe you should try to collaborate with Robert Broglia http://www.explusalpha.com/ who has developed a good Engine for Android, iOS and WebOS.

Agree, I appreciate the author hard-work, but I keep thinking this app should have a demo/trial version to check before pursache...
I'm very disappointed with performance (even in software mode), slow-motion sound too, many bugs, and other essential thing: a portable SAVEGAMES system, how this app can't be a restore/backup system for savegame files?
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

Zaroff
Primary Device: Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 2.3.6

Postby Zaroff » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:26 am

tagus wrote:to save some options I usually check/uncheck the corresponding option, go back to the game, and immediately quit fpse and start it again. don't bother to open the options screen again before restarting fpse. going to the options menu after restarting should show the option checked/unchecked correctly. although there are a few that might not save depending on other conditions...

Thanks, tried that too. It works for some options, but alas nothing will keep the settings of "special screen size". Bummer. You'd think something as basic as saving settings for an app would be a breeze, but hey...

suavethekid
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Postby suavethekid » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:20 am

Rotkaeqpchen wrote:I am really sorry to say that, schtruck, because I think you are a great developer, and FPse is great also. But all those updates have not improved FPse on my device, made it even worse. I tested all updates and I always have to downgrade back to 0.10.15 ... Especially the sound timing and quality got worse over those updates. 0.10.15 is the only version, where I can play Final Fantasy IX with good sound, although there is a bug that screws it up.

Schtruck, maybe you should try to collaborate with Robert Broglia http://www.explusalpha.com/ who has developed a good Engine for Android, iOS and WebOS.

I hate to be the one to point this out but emulating super nintendo is much much easier than playstation. That should just be common sense but it needed to be pointed out. Fpse runs well on my galaxy s 2 sure theres still some problems with open gl but opengl is better on larger screens anyway it works on almost all games on my motorola xoom, If its not working well your device isnt good enough or you need to play with the setting more. Minus existence of phone model specific bugs in unaware of.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:51 am

@icelaglace, can you imagine it can be only a problem on your device?? a Bad driver? can you imagine that a HTC HD2, 3-4 years old phone make FPse running perfectly for mostly 100% of games? Stop to say that FPse is bugged, if you can see a PSone emu that run better on your Device, tell me, that will interrest many people.

And @Rotkaeqpchen , you can't compare a PSone Emu, and any other EMU like you listed, because the Architecture of a PSone is more complex than a SNES, MD, or GBA..

FPse is ten year of hard works, our last changes on COre engine has made somes trouble for somes people because timing is a lot of different today than with 0.10 core, and people thought this 0.10 version of emu ran better but it was just a bad timing that made this illusion, in reality that what is used by most of all PSone emu, but at they own Risk of Compatibility. We won't break anymore this timing because this is the Heart of the PSone. And when you play at FPse today you really feels like a true PSone in term of speed and input reactivity.

There's surely somes games that still have somes problems, but no so much, and most of the time it was due to the fact that they used trick protect their game and make the Dynamic Recompiler crashing or looping if they used Auto Modifed Code.

About openGL plugin, it's not mine, i just ported it , and i'm trying to enhance it, but it's very difficult, and if people remember well, that's was then same on PC , except before we had Two main GPU on PC, ATI or NVidia.
TOday we have, Qualcomm, Nvidia, ARM, and PowerVR. All have their own problems , and must be managed specifically. The better in term of Compatibility is the PowerVR, the better in Term of Speed if the ARM (MALI), and the Better which mix COmpatibility and Speed is Nvidia. Qualcomm is Good, but lack of good driver.

icelaglace

Postby icelaglace » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:22 am

thefitz wrote:What are you talking about? You can back up save games to your SD card and restore them. I also don't get why you are complaining about performance on a very low end budget device. The app just flies on the vast majority of devices, and it is easily the fastest PSX emulator on the market.

I already asked a lot of times here how to make a backup and nobody response, can you tell me how to export/import my savegames please?

You says Samsung Galaxy ACE GT-S5830I is a very-low-end device? OMG I think this is middle-end my friend... this is the one of the most popular devices in the world, not high-end, not low-end ;)

@schtruck, Like I said I really appreciate your hard-work, I just said I was like check a demo/trial before, because description says "very fast" and now I can see is not "very fast", and not even fast, just "normal" with a lot of bugs in sound, performance, image quality, etc... I know with a quad-core (SIII) or even SII, I would have better performance but in software mode I should have better performance on my device.

If OpenGL is not yours its ok, but also have A LOT of bugs, that thing should have to know people before pursache, just a opinion.
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

tagus
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock SE Xperia Play

Postby tagus » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:07 am

icelaglace wrote:If OpenGL is not yours its ok, but also have A LOT of bugs, that thing should have to know people before pursache, just a opinion.

You don't need the opengl plugin to play the games, it was available much later after fpse was on the android market.
it's better to think of it as a bonus and not as a complete feature. as far as I know it was never mentioned it was a stable feature. it has been in development for a while and fixes keep coming and making it more stable as a result.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:02 am

@icelaglace, your device is really poor, ARMv6 Qualcomm 7227 at 800mhz and Adreno200.??? you can't complain, such device was released 6 years ago.... you want a PS1 emu which will run full speed on your device? good luck. My HTC HD2 is much more powerfull because of the Snapdragon processor ARMV7 running at 1ghz, which is necessary if you want to play correctly without framskipping. FOr you, Frameskipping is the only solution.

What do you mean by exporting/ importing save games? if you read the documentation, you have the Function backup all files and restore all files. Have you read the documentation???

icelaglace

Postby icelaglace » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:47 am

GT-S5830 is completely different than GT-S5830i, different hardware, more fast CPU, more RAM, etc (3rd time)

I know galaxy ace gt-s5830i is not the ultimate quad-core device, but is the mid-range, the standard smartphone, but anyways I guess with so many excuses I'll not get better performance with future updates, isn't?

And I have to ask for 1000000th time, how to import/export savegames file? you told me I can do backup of savegames file, but why nobody responds this question? why I get answers only to say my phone is very bad and the sound and some others bugs (what a lot of people have) is just my device problem?

I'm getting tired of this...

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:28 am

but i wrote you to use 'backup all files" from misc menu. save states will be in /sdcard/fpsebackup/sstates like it's well wriiten into the documentation which is included into FPse. but if your goal is to import/export to another ps1 emulator then only memory card can be used, in that case they are into /sdcard/fpsebackup/memcards

icelaglace

Postby icelaglace » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:09 am

Ok, thanks, so also I can restore only memcards (.mcd files), right?

Just one question more, how can I downgrade to v.0.10.15?

Return to “News”