Fpse for Android News

gormie84
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i-9000
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Voodoo 5 lagfix

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby gormie84 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:47 pm

Anyone experienxed a problem loading a game in landscape?... Just goes to black screen for me and wont close... But loads in portrait just fine and if you change to landscape it works fine.

shaolin95
Primary Device: HTC TILT 2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: Energy

Postby shaolin95 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:52 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:
dom_b wrote:
i900frenchaddict wrote:impossible to compare emulation on a PC and emuation on a smartphone

If you try Fpse (not CE, not for Droid, just Fpse) on a PC, it's the same, it requires an extremly low config to work

But a PC has got its own video card, sound chip (what is really important here, souds take so many ressources!), etc....

Anyway, of course Schtruck will improve the whole thing to get more speed, you can bet on it ;)

I agree, but I would bet that the Tattoo is more powerful than a G3 Mac from 1999. Maybe I'm wrong but there's probably not much in it. The graphics card in it was an ATI Rage 128. I doubt that would have much impact these days.

Also, talking about sound emulation taking up resources, there should be an option to disable it. I personally never use sound and it would speed things up!

Great work regardless of course.

Even the smallest video card is important, I mean, it is in charge of the display, so that the cpu doesn't have it do deal with.
Same for sound
Same for controlls
etc

The CPU of a phone (except a few ones with dedicated video chip maybe) has to deal with everythng at the same time.
If you could put your ATI video card, then a sound chip, etc to your phone, with its CPU, you'll have a very nice beast indeed, but you'll also need a 100W battery or so....

That's just the contrary of a video games console, that has slow CPU in terms of MHZ, but have multiple chips with multiple cores, a real orchestra inside (the graphic chip of a PS3, for example, is "only" 550Mhz....but the main CPU has 8 cores)

Another example: a PS1 was unable to emulate SNES games (nes were possible, so that you can use iso with 800 nes games on FPSE for Droid!!!!), while extreeeeemmmmllyyyy slow computers were able to do ti easily (as long as they had a poor VGA graphic card !!)
The PS3 can't run PS2 games, just because it misses a chip (except on some ealier versions)

This has been discussed much here: even with 1000mhz CPU, a smartphone can't compete a PC with a slower CPU.
But let's wait for dual or quad core CPU for smartphone, they'll give new possibilities

Ok so the PS1 example is a bit odd because it does have a video card as well but of course having the video card and having an emulator use the video card instead of doing everything on the CPU are two different things.
Now, I am not sure about the sound card, but phones like the Galaxy S have video cards that are way above the capabilities of a psx. Then again, the galaxy runs the emulator well but yeah I can see where the difficulties are with some many different phones and some not having much resources for such a hard task as it is emulating a different system.

HDM
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
ROM: Froyo

Postby HDM » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:55 pm

after update my skin PSX4FPse, optimized for better fight, just going to enjoy pleasure.... hadouken hadouken shoryuken...

:D
-PSX4FPse- -PadSx3- -Skins For Android-

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:40 pm

HDM

Tell me about it the new skins are brilliant.
Thanks again for your time in creating them for me.
Its most appreciated.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

k1337ultra
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Defy
Operating System: Not using WinMo, lol
ROM: stock 2.1 with JIT (FrozenEclair)

Postby k1337ultra » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:18 pm

Please, could you spread the love to 2.1 devices, please? We need this app, too :cry:.

HDM
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
ROM: Froyo

Postby HDM » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:59 pm

New version PSX4FPse SKIN v1.1

version improvements:

-Optimized for better fighting
-Smooth Quality Graphics
-Optimized 4bit overlay
-Hadouken now is your friend

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=2065&p=19459#p19459

enjoying!
-PSX4FPse- -PadSx3- -Skins For Android-

Exclaymation
Primary Device: HTC Desire
ROM: TME 2.5

Postby Exclaymation » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:58 pm

Thanks HDM really enjoy your skins

kuronosan
Primary Device: Samsung Fascinate
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: SuperClean 2.1

Postby kuronosan » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:26 am

Huge performance boost with this.

chmpgne
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: InsertCoin DHD Port

Multitouch :s ?

Postby chmpgne » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:20 am

Hey Guys,

I've got a htc desire and have the latest version of fpse off of the market,

However I'm still experiencing multitouch issues which is making crash bandicoot 2 impossible to play?

What's the status on the multitouch atm, has it been fixed, or is it likely to be fixed in the next update(s)?

(i have read all previous pages on this thread :L, and i've seen 'multitouch issues fixed', 'reverted back to old multitouch code'

haha what's going on :L

I've tried hdm's nexus one line fix pad, it does seem better, however the controls still seem pretty temperamental, and it's making the game really hard to play :S

Edit: Tried hdm's latest version of his pad, seems a lot better. It seems with this is controls are more or less functional :P. However the controls do become a bit unpredictable with 'slide mode' enabled.

Would help if i knew what slide mode was :L :S

Thanks

rincewind
Primary Device: droid x
Operating System: none
ROM: stock

Postby rincewind » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:48 am

Ok... Dumb question. How do you get the new skin on? Cause my lag and sticky keys is really getting on my nerves? Thanks

Return to “News”