Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Fpse for Android News

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:30 am

News:

schtruck wrote: FPse 0.11.113 available to the market:
- Fixed ARMV6 crash in previous version
- Fixed L2/R2 buttons on Nvidia SHIELD, OUYA and external pads and enhanced Sticks L and R emulation
- Fixed Directional Cross in digital mode for on Nvidia Shield, OUYA and external pad
- Fixed Android 4.3 crash in Fast drawing mode
- Added SELECT button for Nvidia SHIELD, just tap the screen.
- Added OUYA fastforwarding feature, slide your finger on touchpad + R2
- Added Xperia Play L2 and R2 emulation to Analog gamepads in Digital mode

schtruck wrote:FPse 0.11.112 available to the market:

- Added CPU optimisations for ARM V5, V6 and V7
- Faster Storage scan
- Fixed a last SDcard recognition problem
- Fixed Moto Racer, Einhender, Breath of fire III, X-Men metal mutant, Worms Armageddon, Vampire hunter, etc..
- Fixed OpenGL plugins, now Rebel Assault II works well
- Added automatic recognition of Adreno GPU
- Added OUYA fastforwarding feature, just slide your finger onto the touchpad + R2 to fastforward
- Added the possibility to set manually plugins (read forum)

schtruck wrote:FPse 0.11.11 available to the market:
- Fixed Second Pad hardware keys mapping
- Fixed Hardware key mapping from OpenGL
- Added OpenGL 32bit renderer buffer option
- Added new options for OpenGL plugin to enhance emulation , like FF7 cursor, or Silent Hill Halo's Characters, and much more.

For example set Mask Bit for Silent Hill (A restart is necessary for this option)

Use 32Bits rendering for somes device, can be faster and un lock somes problems (restart too after set or unset)

Try others Options to set Cursor on FF7 and activate somes invisible stuff on somes games

i won't be available for a week, cya all in a week guys!

schtruck wrote:FPse 0.11.10 available to the market:
- New Video option for OpenGL plugin to grow compatibility (FF series, MGS etc..)
- New Trick found by 'Norin'for devices with OpenGL plugin and MALI400 GPU (Galaxy SII and Note),
- OpenGL plugin Updated with sources.
- New bios option into Misc menu. (to switch to HLE mode, just press back from the bios loader)

TRICK for MALI400 GPU!
you have alway to start with Tekken3 in HLE mode and then reach the Characters selection menu
after you can apply bios and load any game then save or load to switch bios in MISC menu load a bios by choosing file
Switch to HLE by pressing Back to the Bios loader everytime,
restart to apply without quitting or you'll have to restart the procedure.

Plugin can be downloaded here: http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/libopenglplugin.so

Source can be downloaded here: http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/pe ... psesrc.zip

schtruck wrote:ok updated to 0.11.7 with Fixed of OverlayS pad bugs that caused crashes.

i have updated openGL plugin with minor tunning , previous version was badly configured and there had somes freeze because The software Texture Garbage collector of this plugin had a too big value.

About External skins.

you need this tool:

http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/BMP2RAW.zip

just drag and drop bmp files onto this program, it will convert them to .bmp.raw, just rename them to .raw

Fpse need png file with raw file and pad.ini

You can choose buttons position by this way by modifying pad.ini

schtruck wrote:FPse 0.11.1 Available to the Market now.

Here are changes:
- Fix Framelimiter for GPU software to get better timing.
- Fix somes sound issue Like RE1, Silent Hill etc..
- Fix Einhender missing Polygons
- Fix Parasite Eve 2
- Added Autosave function.
- New Virtual Pad from Azerty16.
- New interface, lighter, easier, more understable, for now only in english.
- Support for external OpenGL ES 1.1 GPU plugin, actually a port of Peopsgpuopengl From Pete Bernett is available.

This port is experimental, know issue are compatibility problems with somes games, but many are really impressive.

Actually know problems with this plugin are:
- Crash problem with Mali400 gpu from SG2 (actually only Tekken3 is known to run well only without bios set)
- Small problem that can cause freeze on somes SGX540 gpu powered device when pressing home button.

other than that, work extremely well on SGX540, Nvidia Tegra 2 and Snapdragon 205 and surely 220..

Plugin can be downloaded here: http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/libopenglplugin.so

Source can be downloaded here: http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/peopsgpuopenglforfpsesrc.zip

To load opengl plugin, just run FPse into softmode, then go to MISC menu and into the bottom choose Load OpenGL plugin,
Quit Fpse and restart to Apply change.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

Therev
Primary Device: HTC Incredible / Omnia I910
ROM: CM7

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Therev » Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:45 am

Will there be support for eboots.pbp?
All my games are eboots :( oh well, will have to wait till I get home to try it out

whatevaUsay
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: Windows Mobile 6.5.x
ROM: ♠Duttys™ HD2 V14♠

Postby whatevaUsay » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:31 am

Oh yeah. This is great! Cool UI and pretty much everything else.

Most games run at about the same frame-rate, but some, run a little slower, Tekken 3 must've dropped at least 10 FPS. CMR 02 Is about the same speed, but with frame-skipping set to 30 is pretty fast and smooth, even better than on WinMo.
Oh, and I can't figure out how to set G-sensor and multi-keys! :oops:

Overall I am very satisfied, money well spent.
Since I will now only use Android I might even flash a NAND build. Maybe there will be a performance boost.
The user-bar I made. Use it on every forum you're on with a link to fpsece.net.

capncark
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: SE Xperia PLAY
Operating System: Android 2.3.2
ROM: Stock Roger's rom ROOTED

Postby capncark » Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:44 am

Any1 else experiencing multitouch issues with hd2? it seems for me that it is working very sporadically. I am running android from the sd so maybe that is a factor. I wanted to test this app out before I totally cleansed my device of wm. guess I'll take the plunge and install droid to nand and see if that helps.

G@sh!sh
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: LG P500

Postby G@sh!sh » Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:47 am

On the LG P500 (android 2.2) error at startup. :cry:

yams
Primary Device: droidx

Postby yams » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:59 am

I managed to hang the emulator in such a way that games stopped loading even though the emulator was technically still running. I could get into menus and change stuff but couldn't even close it.

I set my bios while it was running and it got stuck like this after it asked to reboot. Had to force close it.

Kierek
Primary Device: HTC Sensation @1566 MHz
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3

Postby Kierek » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:39 am

G@sh!sh wrote:On the LG P500 (android 2.2) error at startup. :cry:

The same here, on my LG GT540(cyanogenmod 6 - android 2.2.1). I hope it can help(log from adb):

Code: Select all

I/ActivityManager( 1240): Starting activity: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.emulator.fpse/.Main }
I/ActivityManager( 1240): Start proc com.emulator.fpse for activity com.emulator.fpse/.Main: pid=11824 uid=10094 gids={1015}
D/AndroidRuntime(11824): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm(11824): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x2aacc7c8)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime(11824): java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Library sdl not found
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:461)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:557)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at com.emulator.fpse.Main.onCreate(Main.java:242)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2627)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:2679)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at android.app.ActivityThread.access$2300(ActivityThread.java:125)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2033)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:4627)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:521)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:868)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:626)
E/AndroidRuntime(11824):        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager( 1240):   Force finishing activity com.emulator.fpse/.Main
W/ActivityManager( 1240): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{2fe65688 com.emulator.fpse/.Main}
W/ActivityManager( 1240): Activity destroy timeout for HistoryRecord{2fe65688 com.emulator.fpse/.Main}
I/Process (11824): Sending signal. PID: 11824 SIG: 9
I/ActivityManager( 1240): Process com.emulator.fpse (pid 11824) has died.
I/XT9IME  ( 1356): [finishInput]

On CyanogenMod 7 alpha(android 2.3.2) the same is happening, but log is a little different:

Code: Select all

I/ActivityManager( 1281): Starting: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] flg=0x10200000 cmp=com.emulator.fpse/.Main } from pid 1423
I/ActivityManager( 1281): Start proc com.emulator.fpse for activity com.emulator.fpse/.Main: pid=2709 uid=10105 gids={1015}
D/dalvikvm( 2709): GC_EXTERNAL_ALLOC freed 46K, 54% free 2501K/5379K, external 0K/0K, paused 54ms
D/AndroidRuntime( 2709): Shutting down VM
W/dalvikvm( 2709): threadid=1: thread exiting with uncaught exception (group=0x40018560)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709): FATAL EXCEPTION: main
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709): java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Couldn't load sdl: findLibrary returned null
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:429)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:554)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at com.emulator.fpse.Main.onCreate(Main.java:242)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(Instrumentation.java:1047)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1706)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(ActivityThread.java:1768)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at android.app.ActivityThread.access$1500(ActivityThread.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:936)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:123)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:3812)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invokeNative(Native Method)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:507)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:841)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:599)
E/AndroidRuntime( 2709):        at dalvik.system.NativeStart.main(Native Method)
W/ActivityManager( 1281):   Force finishing activity com.emulator.fpse/.Main
W/ActivityManager( 1281): Activity pause timeout for HistoryRecord{406e0968 com.emulator.fpse/.Main}
I/Process ( 2709): Sending signal. PID: 2709 SIG: 9
I/ActivityManager( 1281): Process com.emulator.fpse (pid 2709) has died.
I/XT9IME  ( 1406): [finishInput]

It seems to me, that there are some problems with java but... what can I know ;)
Last edited by Kierek on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

yams
Primary Device: droidx

Postby yams » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:52 am

Also I've noticed in some scenes in Final Fantasy Tactics (like the first Squaresoft logo) that red is flipped to blue. Some minor slowdown in landscape mode as well, Droidx

CiQ
Primary Device: x10 mini pro

Postby CiQ » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:29 am

What about android 2.1?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:31 am

for the Crash, i've updated FPse for android for ARMV5 and 6 devies, just update it.

Return to “News”