Fpse for Android News

RippeR
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S I9000 @1.3GHz
Operating System: Had TouchHD (6.1)
ROM: Stock/Coocked

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby RippeR » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:02 pm

Not to make some OffTopic, but it still's about android so why not.

http://pocketnow.com/android/nvidia-qua ... his-summer

"NVIDIA has code-named the chip Kal-El, which it claims offers a five-fold performance boost over the currently-available Tegra 2. It may be overselling itself, but its benchmark puts Kal-El at a higher performance bracket than even Intel's Core 2 Duo full-on-PC processors. "
"Now the company has not only shown off its quad-core product, but says we'll see the first Androids running off it as soon as August of this year. "

So as i told u about PS2 emu - we may have Hardware able to play some on phones "soon" ;) not maybe fullspeed etc, but if it would be Schtruck who would done it - i guess it will be as fast as possible ;)

Just as note ;)

xenkw0n
Primary Device: HTC Incredible

Postby xenkw0n » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:22 pm

ms_green wrote:Alright, the newest version fixed the problem with ff8 I've experienced. (just realized that there was a video sequence where the screen turned black...so that might have been the problem. But, as I said, everything is five now :)

Thanks a lot for your efforts!

Just wanted to let you know its most likely a memory issue. I had that too and after restarting and/or disabling apps I didnt need running the cut-scene videos wouldnt freeze while the music kept playing.

elgrego
Primary Device: HTC HD2 (Desire HD)
Operating System: Android
ROM: RAFDROID HD 3.0

Postby elgrego » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:28 pm

Correct me if this is wrong but the hd2 uses ARMv7? and in the fpse.ini, it lists arm 5,6 and 7 but only 5 and 6 are selected as on. What would happen if i turn 7 on?

tetsuokenpachi
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S II GT I9100
Operating System: Android 2.3.3

Postby tetsuokenpachi » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Got last version and, really, thankyou very much. Multi touch is now perfect. At least, on my phone. I still got the issues i mentioned in a previous post. When i play xenogears, the cinematics randomly crashes. The video freezes, can still hear the sound, then black screen and i can hear the sound of all the cinematics on the game disc. The only escape route is to restart. Is it a known issue and is it possible to fix it? Also, the music, usually smooth, slows down quite a lot when i'm on the party menu. I thought those issues where due to loadings but it makes no sense in this particular case. I'm playing it with the bios, accelerations, spu sync, boost mode, frame limiter on, 20 fps frame skip and interlaced mode off. By the way, i'm still not sure how the boost mode works. Can not see if it's on or off... But there definitely is a difference. And last but not least, i hope you could make it even faster so i could use the interlaced mode without needing to turn off the frame limiter. Don't like fast forwarded musics... And some sound effects are still buggy. You can actually hear that the software is trying to play them but it simply can not. For exemple, in xenogears (again, i don't have much time...), when you gain some xp after a fight, you can hear what i'm talking about.
Well... that's not it, but i guess it's a good headstart.
Oh, i wanted to say "Feels damn good to get a taste of good developpers. You guys are awesome. Merci infiniment! :)

dom_b
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Tattoo
ROM: nFInityGB 0.7

Postby dom_b » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi, like the emulator. Few bugs though...

Get force closes when changing settings a lot.

Settings reset randomly even though its saved as default. Seem to change back when a game is loaded but if you look at them before loading a game they are the defaults? Very strange...

Gran Turismo 2 - cannot enter races. Goes to black when you select an event.
Tony Hawks 2 - freezes when selecting a level
Ridge Racer Revolution - perfect!

Also... what do the acceleration modes support? I can't find any info on what Mdec/Gte/HLE etc actually do... anybody got a post with the info in?

gormie84
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i-9000
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Voodoo 5 lagfix

Postby gormie84 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Hi, few little bugs it the tomb raider games on my device. I have tested TR1 & 2 both do the same thing - running, being able to access the menus and options but not new game or lara's home etc. Any suggestions would be greatful

thanks!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:38 pm

For TR1 and 2 you need a bin and a cue file, then load cue file. you'll have audio track and games will works perfectly.

For FFVII, i saw many people saying sound is buggy, but guys, put SPUSync to on, and then Frameskip to 40, sound will be perfect and speed will be very good even with overlays.

For Silent Hill, there is no command, it's not a Bug, but an optimisation to disable. i'll add an advanced menu to change all specifics games parameters.

I have implemented two new things, Savestate will tell you id slot is busy or empty, a busy slot will print the complete date of the save.

Key none assigned will keep their original role, in example, if you don't have assigned Volume up and volume down they will let you control the volume.

I will add vibration on Virtual key touching. then will propose an update.

Ti3noU
Primary Device: HD2 1.3GHz /GT- i9000 1.54GHz
ROM: CM7.2 / Android 2.3.7 - CM9 / Android 4.0.3

Postby Ti3noU » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:02 pm

Bug with sound in Rayman 2 PAL. New game doesn't fix it.
The sound loops on some effects randomly and the only fix is to change zone or make another sound to loop.
Sound looping but just once on voices in Castlevania : SOTN too.

SPUSync ON/OFF = same, but Rayman 2 won't load the cutscenes without it ON.

Sticky buttons are still there on my HD2 and Galaxy S but as known, multitouch is fixed.

Great work Schtruck, and you are so fast to fix little problems I think FPSE for Android will be a best seller soon ;)

@ RippeR What about stopping to spread such BS with your PS2 emu ?..
Go on PCSX2 project's forums if you want, they'll laugh at you. After ~8 years of dev, even an i7 @ 4Ghz+ and a GTX580 won't play all games fullspeed, and more than half of the games doesn't even go ingame. No way in hell PS2 can be emulated on an phone/tablet ARM processor at this stage of development. In 5 to 10 years, maybe.
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/

DrownedOne
Primary Device: Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S
ROM: Stock Froyo 2.2

Postby DrownedOne » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:27 pm

Hey Schtruck, awesome emulator. Love all the updates, multitouch is perfect now.

Couple problems though:

1. Before the update Dino Crisis 2 was working fine, but now it's freezing at load up.
2. When I was playing Resident Evil 3, sticky keys were still present, but not as bad as before.

I'm sure all these issues will get fixed soon, the updates have been coming in quick!

Also a couple questions if anyone can answer please:

1. What does Mdec accel, Gte accel, and HLE mode do?
2.What is screen filtering?
3. For pad type, is there any difference in digital and analog? I know you need analog on for force feedback, but is that it?
4. Finally, what is Relative moves in the touchscreen prefs?

Thanks again! Keep up the great work.

Samsung Vibrant running on 2.2 Froyo

gormie84
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S i-9000
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Voodoo 5 lagfix

Postby gormie84 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:41 pm

schtruck wrote:For TR1 and 2 you need a bin and a cue file, then load cue file. you'll have audio track and games will works perfectly.

schtruck, i tried (on TR2) having the .bin & .cue file and loaded the .cue and still no luck... still hangs after menu screen. was wondering do the .ape files of the disc need to be included?

thanks

Return to “News”