Fpse for Android News

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby LouCipher » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:19 pm

So, ignore my post about screen filtering + final fantasy battle menus being my major slowdown. After more experimenting, it is clear that, while screen filtering does slow things down (as is to be expected), the pad overlay slows things down more. If I disable the pad overlay, final fantasy 9 runs a bit slow, but still very much playable. Seems the real optimization work needs to be done on overlays.

Otherwise, amazing work schtruck. One question, though. Isn't fpse open source, so aren't you required to release the source for a port? Not criticizing, just would be nice to be able to contribute some code, and test custom builds and the like.

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:21 pm

kSt wrote:schtruck, i`ve PMd you about that library, which is required to run Fpse on 2.1 a while ago. Just reposting here in case you hadn`t noticed.

What's the missing library? Is it something that could be backported to 2.1? I'm running gingerbread myself, but I would be curious.

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:03 am

Couple new things. First, can't seem to use memcards in the default location. I've been testing with just savestates so far. If I try to save to a memcard located in /data/data/com.emulator.fpse-1/memcard (or whatever the directory is), the game gives me an error saying it failed. Same with formatting a memcard. If I move a pre-formatted card to that location, games don't see the existing saves. When the same memcards are on the sdcard, no problem.

Second with regards to the slowdown with the pad overlay, it appears to be specific to transparency on the overlay. With the pad on and pad transparency disabled, I don't see the slowdown.

Finally, I can't seem to get the pad overlay to be off by default. Still checking into that one.

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:15 am

LouCipher wrote:Couple new things. First, can't seem to use memcards in the default location. I've been testing with just savestates so far. If I try to save to a memcard located in /data/data/com.emulator.fpse-1/memcard (or whatever the directory is), the game gives me an error saying it failed. Same with formatting a memcard. If I move a pre-formatted card to that location, games don't see the existing saves. When the same memcards are on the sdcard, no problem.

Second with regards to the slowdown with the pad overlay, it appears to be specific to transparency on the overlay. With the pad on and pad transparency disabled, I don't see the slowdown.

Finally, I can't seem to get the pad overlay to be off by default. Still checking into that one.

Thanks, I'll test the transparency thing. I too have noticed that when I disable the pad overlay and save it, the next time I start FPse it reverts back to the default.

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:20 am

With regards to those who are asking about porting to 2.1 and earlier, looks like it will happen eventually. Current build depends on libjnigraphics.so, which is 2.2 and up. But, according to schtruck on another forum (thanks to kst for the link!):

Shortly i'll make my own call to Graphics Java Objects to avoid using this library and make Compatibility from 1.6.

So, once schtruck ports over calls to libjnigraphics, should work with older versions (and, if done right, I would expect some speed improvement as well). So backward compatibility is in the works, just takes some time.

As to porting libjnigraphics to older versions, not feasible, really, as the library would need to be built against each different rom, which would just end up fragmenting the hell out of the list of supported versions.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:41 am

ok Savestate is fixed when SPUSync off, it works like a charm now..

Market updated.

Next version will have Savestate when SPUsync on fixed.

I'll add Shot and date to saves like requested.

elgrego
Primary Device: HTC HD2 (Desire HD)
Operating System: Android
ROM: RAFDROID HD 3.0

Postby elgrego » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:46 am

Hi all, i bought it earlier and been trying it on my hd2 with desire hd nand. I used games that worked in ce to test it.
Gt2 sim and arcade (music and game very choppy, arcade mode menu is just a black screen)
Res evil 3 (plays great)
Tekken 2 & 3. (a few jitters and slow downs but 3 plays really well.
Its nowhere near the level of the winmo version YET but for a few days old im impressed. :D

dgg04
Primary Device: Droid
ROM: stock

Postby dgg04 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:33 am

Just an update

I'm running the latest build of Fpse (10.2)

Still get a looped sound glitch when I load a saved game in MGS using the Fpse save/load feature. Note: SPUsync is on, can't load MGS with it off.
In Castlevania the Fpse save/load works fine.

I used Milestone Overclock to up my droid's speed to 800 and 1000 MHz.

In portrait mode - At 1000 Mhz MGS runs at full speed, and Castlevania: SotN runs at near full speed, but has some sound glitches.

In landscape mode they are both a little slower with overlays turned off using hardware keys.

kuronosan
Primary Device: Samsung Fascinate
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: SuperClean 2.1

Postby kuronosan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:10 am

Thanks so much for your rapid (and free) updates! All of your fixes so far have worked flawlessly for me. So glad I waited for your release instead of just going out and buying the less awesome psx4droid.

You're a great coder, dude.

amitambika
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: 1.43

Postby amitambika » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:21 am

Hi,

Does anybody know how to make the guncon work correctly.I am trying to play time crisis II and have tried various combinations but canott make the A and B button appear on the screen.

Return to “News”