sektor_hustle
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Cyanogen Mod 9 Nightly, Devil Kernel

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby sektor_hustle » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:51 pm

sebastian9 wrote:
sektor_hustle wrote:
sebastian9 wrote:schtruck could cause you to have an option to put the command analoguico this?

please give me link for your gamepad skin

yeah right

but not seen as capture
worked well in the old verciones FPSE
when the skins were in PNG and mbp
since they are png and raw can not be, put the pad and analoguicos together

https://www.dropbox.com/s/83qn9of2c65uswt/reality.rar

thank you

shamma
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy s3
Operating System: Android 4.1.1 (JB)
ROM: Cyanogenmod10 preview8

Postby shamma » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:10 am

schtruck

hey bro. I bought the app, its worth it. Im running FPse v0.29 with opengl and no issues so far. Rendering looks awesome on metal gear solid and rayman. I have a request tho bro...Can you add more gamepad skins in your next FPse update?
"ps3 controller" skins with the analogs and what not, similar to the one Sebastian uploaded here would be beast :)

Also if anyone can help me on this, how do you show fps when running games lol? I just installed FPse yesterday and couldnt figure out how :/

sebastian9
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
ROM: N7000XXLRG

Postby sebastian9 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:53 pm

schtruck with that program edit the raw files?

I do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9c3Eqa4y10&feature=youtu.be
for that I have to edit the raw files
so I can join L1L2, R1R2, star, selected with a single png and raw

sektor_hustle
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
ROM: Cyanogen Mod 9 Nightly, Devil Kernel

Postby sektor_hustle » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:25 am

sebastian9 wrote:schtruck with that program edit the raw files?

I do this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9c3Eqa4y10&feature=youtu.be
for that I have to edit the raw files
so I can join L1L2, R1R2, star, selected with a single png and raw

how you make folder juegos psx with icons for psx games?

sebastian9
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
ROM: N7000XXLRG

Postby sebastian9 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:04 pm

just create the shortcut and select the image you want.
after the moves to a folder

Kiesman
Primary Device: Samsung GalaxySIII(SGH-I747M)
ROM: Stock

Postby Kiesman » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:51 pm

I'm not sure if you just keep missing the posts for it, but I'm going to re-post this issue again. The "Special Screen Size" option will not save to the option I set it to (4:3).

Every time the app is opened, the screen size is defaulted back to fullscreen. Kind of a pain to set it to 4:3 every time I open it.

Good work though, I love the FPSe and it runs flawlessly on my Galaxy SIII (North American release, 1.5ghz dual-core, 2 GB RAM, LTE-capable)
Sanity is for Squares.

RueGorE
Primary Device: Sprint Galaxy S Epic 4G
Operating System: Android 4.1.1
ROM: CyanogenMod 10 [Latest Nightly]

Postby RueGorE » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:17 am

Hi I just wanted to drop some feedback here concerning a sticky keys issue. Pardon me if this has been discussed or resolved previously, but I'm not going to trudge through 400+ pages of messages to find out.

I'm using FPse 0.11.29

I've noticed that I'll run into an issue where my hardware keyboard will exhibit "sticky keys" when using the emulator in every game, yet on-screen gamepad will work just fine. This wasn't a problem until most recently and the only change I made was switching software keyboards.

Just for shits and giggles, I launched the messaging app and switched input methods from "SwiftKey 3" to "English (US) - Android keyboard", exited out of that and launched FPse again. Now my hardware keyboard is fully responsive! No more sticky keys! I quit and switch input methods to "SwiftKey 3" and tried FPse again with my device hardware keyboard, sticky key symptom returns.

What I don't understand is, how/why does the software keyboard mess with the hardware keyboard when it comes to FPse? Anyway I just thought that this was probably useful information for the developers and anybody else that has a hardware keyboard and is using the SwiftKey 3 software keyboard. Thanks for the awesome emulator and keep up the good work!

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:50 am

RueGorE wrote:Hi I just wanted to drop some feedback here concerning a sticky keys issue...

This sounds like an android issue, not a fpse issue. I assume you're using a bluetooth keyboard correct (as opposed to using a keyboard plugged in via a USB OTG cable)? Bluetooth keyboards ofthen get the 'sticky' key issue. FPSE may make the situation worse by not correcting as well as other apps may - that's possible. And, it sounds like you've already tried a different IME and that works better - so, use that, sounds like it's a good option. Where did you get that? I have 2 bluetooth keybaords and I've use a keyboard via the USB OTG cable and I don't have that IME.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:56 am

Kiesman wrote:I'm not sure if you just keep missing the posts for it, but I'm going to re-post this issue again. The "Special Screen Size" option will not save to the option I set it to (4:3).

Every time the app is opened, the screen size is defaulted back to fullscreen. Kind of a pain to set it to 4:3 every time I open it.

Good work though, I love the FPSe and it runs flawlessly on my Galaxy SIII (North American release, 1.5ghz dual-core, 2 GB RAM, LTE-capable)

Confirmed - I tested this and have the same issue. I tested on FF9. I thought I had it fixed by doing a 'save config as default' but that didn't work.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

RueGorE
Primary Device: Sprint Galaxy S Epic 4G
Operating System: Android 4.1.1
ROM: CyanogenMod 10 [Latest Nightly]

Postby RueGorE » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:58 am

bluezeak wrote:This sounds like an android issue, not a fpse issue. I assume you're using a bluetooth keyboard correct (as opposed to using a keyboard plugged in via a USB OTG cable)? Bluetooth keyboards ofthen get the 'sticky' key issue. FPSE may make the situation worse by not correcting as well as other apps may - that's possible. And, it sounds like you've already tried a different IME and that works better - so, use that, sounds like it's a good option. Where did you get that? I have 2 bluetooth keybaords and I've use a keyboard via the USB OTG cable and I don't have that IME.

While I will agree this is an Android issue (after all I am using an Android OS with the Android build of FPse), however, I am -NOT- using a bluetooth keyboard nor one through the use of a USB OTG cable.
The hardware keyboard I am referring to is built into the device I am using:

I have the hardware keys mapped to key inputs for Player 1 controls.

This may be a bit difficult to follow (trust me, this doesn't seem to make much sense to me either) but it is what I am exhibiting.
When I have my device closed, I can simply use Android's on-screen keyboard wherever I would need to input text. Android allows for the installation of different keyboard "apps" if the user isn't happy with the default software keyboard. By simply navigating to Settings > Language & Input in the Android OS, the user can select a different "Input Method" to switch the software keyboard.

Of course, this shouldn't be an issue at all if I'm simply using my hardware keyboard to play FPse, but it indeed seems that setting Android to a different software keyboard causes FPse to freak out. Since I am using and noticing problems with the SwiftKey 3 keyboard, I am making special mention of it here.

This could be the fault of the keyboard, or conversely this could be the fault of FPse, or both. I'm not a developer or debugger so I don't know these things. I'm simply stating what my experience is. 8-)

As a side note, I have tried mapping many different keys to Player 1 inputs while having SwiftKey 3 set as my software keyboard. The effect is the same, still sticky keys.
If it helps any, I could demonstrate the issue by uploading a video to YouTube?

Return to “News”