Fpse for Android News

jcsix
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby jcsix » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Ok, ever since the last update (Not the newest), I was getting the License Check constantly. Saying have I bought it from the market. It wouldnt disappere atall even when I was connected to WiFi. But since the new update, its not happened yet.

Just one problem with the newest update, I'm using the Xperia Play, and like the official PS games avaliable for the phone (Crash Bandicoot, Everbodys Golf etc.), I always have the R2, L2 buttons on the lower corners. I was having no problems with this previously, but now, I cant move them down with the new menu/look as I cant find the option, and even when I set the D-pad and X, Triangle, O and Square buttons as not on the screen, the button icon are not but when I press that area, there still there as it vibrates and moves in-game.

ramenchef
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus

Postby ramenchef » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:06 pm

Awesome! HW buttons work now! Thanks for your hard work!

On another note, what settings would provide the optimal video and sound quality? So far I have dual core enabled, spusync for audio, and fastdraw/screenfiltering/enhanced 3d render for video.

illuminerdi
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:13 pm

jcsix wrote:Ok, ever since the last update (Not the newest), I was getting the License Check constantly. Saying have I bought it from the market. It wouldnt disappere atall even when I was connected to WiFi. But since the new update, its not happened yet.

Just one problem with the newest update, I'm using the Xperia Play, and like the official PS games avaliable for the phone (Crash Bandicoot, Everbodys Golf etc.), I always have the R2, L2 buttons on the lower corners. I was having no problems with this previously, but now, I cant move them down with the new menu/look as I cant find the option, and even when I set the D-pad and X, Triangle, O and Square buttons as not on the screen, the button icon are not but when I press that area, there still there as it vibrates and moves in-game.

Those settings were temporarily removed, as Schtruck had to redo the entire interface for FPSE due to the addition of OpenGL capability. He's going to put them back in as soon as he can, but it might be a few weeks before that happens, as that whole subsystem needs rewriting also due to the OpenGL stuff. Plus, he's busy putting out a lot of fires due to the recent build which has seen bugs show up since release, and he's addressing them as fast as he can (unlike some other PSX emu devs...)

As for the invisible buttons, that sounds like a bug, I'd email or contact schtruck about it, though it shouldn't be a big deal since you're probably using the controls for the Xperia anyway, so even though those spots on the screen still work you don't need to touch the screen to play most games.

Prfndhatrdofman
Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby Prfndhatrdofman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:15 pm

Correction to my earlier comment:

FF7 freezes during battle transition animation when using OpenGL. On Screen HUD during battles corrupt.

mirek190
Primary Device: I9000 and I9100
ROM: 2.3.4

Postby mirek190 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi schtruck are you considering to add sixasix to support in you fpse ( natively )? Because is the best controller ever to psx games hehe.

fyatwyrio
Primary Device: tmobile LG G2x
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: stock

Postby fyatwyrio » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:29 pm

schtruck wrote:First Original Screen size and Screen Filtering will only work when Fast draw is activated.

I have Fixed IME problem.

will update 0.11.9 within 10 minutes.

So just to be clear, at the moment there is no way to use original size with opengl?

Thanks.

illuminerdi
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:32 pm

fyatwyrio wrote:
schtruck wrote:First Original Screen size and Screen Filtering will only work when Fast draw is activated.

I have Fixed IME problem.

will update 0.11.9 within 10 minutes.

So just to be clear, at the moment there is no way to use original size with opengl?

Thanks.

You can use it, but enabling it will cause distortion or corruption where the black bars should be for some games. It also doesn't tend to kick in right away, sometimes you have to use your accelerometer to get the phone to switch orientations, which should cause it to redraw correctly. It's buggy with OGL so I'd wait for more patches and work by Schtruck first.

ZhuraYuki
Primary Device: Galaxy SII i9100
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Exynos

Postby ZhuraYuki » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:30 am

Phaedrus Nine wrote:You mean improvements in OpenGL? Because in software mode the Samsung Galaxy S2 is just about perfect with Fpse. I have no issues at all with it.

The Samsung GS2, or anything with the Mali 400 GPU won't run OpenGL on Fpse. Yet anyway.

Oh and "bought already" I assume is you saying you've already purchased fpse from the Android Market. Which is fine, but you can still see the description there, and recent updates. Which includes links to the OpenGL plugin.

Yes in ogl, software is perfect but picture is UGLY, I was hoping that ogl will fix the situation but fail. Also fats draw enables crazy frame drop, it's runs 60fps but very choppy, older versions have screen filtering worked without fast draw, need that back!

groupon09
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Motorola Droid Razr
Operating System: Android

Postby groupon09 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:55 am

Hello,

thank you Schtruck and LDchen for all your hard work on fpse on android!

I am using fpse (it says it's version 0.11.1 on greetings page, but there is no update option in the android market, so I can only assume I'm on the latest version) on my Droid Razr (stock, unrooted) with an icontrolpad

I've found a couple issues that I've come across and I need some assistance:

1.) the icontrolpad (without opengl plugin):
-"square" and "circle" buttons are swapped
-sometimes the buttons (d-pad, face buttons, L1, R1) won't respond (i.e. I'll be running around in metal gear solid and snake will just stop moving randomly and then proceed to move again)

2.) opengl plugin, the plugin does wonders on the graphics! Much less pixelation, however:
-fpse will tell me that the controller is connected, yet none of the buttons will work at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:59 am

I have very good news, i succeed to activate feature on OpenGL plugin that finally make most of all games running very well.

This will be an option, because that can slowdown somes games, and its actiavation is not necessry for all games. But FF7, MGS and all others are well playables now!

Stay tunned i'll update to 0.11.10 and new plugin within somes hours.

Return to “News”