Fpse for Android News

Sarkie
Primary Device: Asus Transformer Prime

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Sarkie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:01 am

After the latest update, the speed is so much better for Tekken 3. Almost too fast! :) Thanks.

But now I'm having issues with all my other games as they are now "hitching" a bit , played with SPUSYNC, Framelimiter etc.

kingpinzero
Primary Device: htc one x int
Operating System: android
ROM: insert coin

Postby kingpinzero » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:52 pm

schtruck wrote:Updated FPse 0.11.64:
- Fixed frameskipping , much more accurate, no more sound stuttering (for all video mode, update plugin)
- Added Fast Forwarding feature, just press the middle of the PS screen to fast forward
- Fixed OpengGL plugin with Qualcomm processors and gfx screen corruption
- Added full support for french language, more language soon

Take care!! Many Games Works far better when SPUSYNC is OFF, try to unset it and retart. in example, Tekken3 or Gran turismo 2.... SPUSYNC is necessary for many games but break many others or just slowdown a lot them.

Thanks a lot. Still no hope for us tegra 3 owners? (hox). :( :(
OpenGL plugin is slooooow while is fullspeed on gs3. Tegra should be at least on par with gs3; I don't.understand the slowdowns . On my gs3 I used to play Tekken 3 with no frameskip set while I'm forced to use it on my hox.
Doesn't make sense.
Thank you these are the best money I spent in a while .

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:05 pm

Just pushed FPse 0.11.65:

- Added 9 new marvelous Downloadable Overlay Pad skins from Overlay gamepad menu, all made by Azerty 16!!
- Added Old frameskipping mode (for compatibility)
- Fixed frameskipping for opengl mode
- Fixed a bug into hardware timing

i forgot to say that we started to implement Firsts OpenGL profiles, actually FF7, MGS, Crash 1 and 2 and then Silent Hill.

no need to configure them. more to comes.

xinbada007
Primary Device: MB511

Postby xinbada007 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:03 am

this update still has bad frameskip on some games (mainly FFT).

If I set 'frameskip + framelimit' on, then the fps is locked on 30fps, which is very slow.

If I set 'old frameskip + framelimit' on, then the screen keeps flashing. (but the fps displays like it runs around 60fps)

if I only set 'old frameskip' on, then the fps is locked on 30fps again (without flashing).

But in old version(0.11.62), when I set 'frameskip + framelimit' on, the fps can reach between 52~60 for every game on my phone for most of the time without any flashing.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:17 am

i got an idea... about your problem, can you send me an email, i'll send you a test version please.

chutia
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock

Postby chutia » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:58 am

schtruck wrote:Just pushed FPse 0.11.65:

- Added 9 new marvelous Downloadable Overlay Pad skins from Overlay gamepad menu, all made by Azerty 16!!
- Added Old frameskipping mode (for compatibility)
- Fixed frameskipping for opengl mode
- Fixed a bug into hardware timing

i forgot to say that we started to implement Firsts OpenGL profiles, actually FF7, MGS, Crash 1 and 2 and then Silent Hill.

no need to configure them. more to comes.

Awsome frameskip fix for OpenGL mode, finally running stable without turning on special framelimiter! :o

Also fast forward works well but you have to swipe middle of screen not press it.....

Ultra Slim skin overlay is the best too! Keep up the great work!

:D

xinbada007
Primary Device: MB511

Postby xinbada007 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:22 am

schtruck wrote:i got an idea... about your problem, can you send me an email, i'll send you a test version please.

I'm very glad to help you testing this nice software cauz I wish every one has a good time when playing those old games.

My email address has sent to you by PM, check it.

winginglife

Postby winginglife » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:32 am

Same issues as Xinbada... except my games also freeze up entirely... or bug out with colored boxes everywhere and black screen where there aren't colored boxes (this happens most often on mega man legends 2. Azure dreams just gives me a straight black screen with sound... etc etc). Sigh. Still entirely unusable in every way possible.

This old frameskip option doesn't work like the one you had in there last time. Either that or the way it is interacting with the framelimiter is

Also the white diamond screen and playstation logo has sound playing, but there is just a black screen now.

I don't understand how each update is making things worse, is there a place I can download the version like 2 versions back on my phone...? Cause that one was working perfectly (minus the obvious broken games like chrono trigger). Was getting 60fps constantly and perfect sound till these frameskip "fixes" (I think it was like 11.63?)

assassin2k
Operating System: Android 4.1 Jelly Bn

Postby assassin2k » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:17 pm

I don't know if this is a bug or whether it's me, but I found a way to change overlay pad size but it won't change from auto. Trying to make pad bigger as I am trying to find a way to make analog sticks larger. Also tried downloading a .ini skin and when I try to load it fpse just crashes....not sure if this is a bug? Just tried Rapid Racer... and it's running very slowly again, just like two updates ago. I now cannot play Muppet Monster Adventure...not sure what has happened. First time it loaded ok and went into demo mode so I hit start with the intention to play and it crashed. Now every time I load it up I get a black screen, the top half of buttons show (L send R1, 2, 3, select and start) but no face buttons of d-pad/stick and it crashes before loading Help?

EDIT: I have worked out the crashing at least is when analog controller settings are enabled. Rapid Racer although now slow again loads as I have it set to digital pad. Spyro has the same issue as Muppet Monster Adventure, and both are set to analog. Spyro also only displays top half of overlay then crashes.

Edit 3: also cleared cache and still the same.
Last edited by assassin2k on Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

suavethekid
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Postby suavethekid » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:35 pm

Schtruck, I'm having an issue with the new version. Now for reference I am on the galaxy note 2 for sprint. Rooted with custom rom (doubt this is the issue). Everytime I try to select the overlay pad and download one of the new skins "fpse unexpectedly stops" I have tried clearing cache and I have unistalled and reinstalled. Even when I select "default" under the skins it will close fpse. I would like to try to just download the skins and put them on my sd where can i find those files?

Return to “News”