Fpse for Android News

shade
Primary Device: HTC Desire Z
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby shade » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:30 pm

in the newest version i found out that final fantasy IX got a big speed up (software mode) so i have to select a framelimiter to keep framerate playable (but there are a little slowdowns in battle mode when menu is shown)

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:18 pm

I dunno what's happened to Final Fantasies in the newest version, I walk trough them all on PSX in their time, but still no luck with Persona, still the same weird sound and jerky framerate when both framelimiter and frameskip enabled :(

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:48 pm

@deejayzee , you are talking about slowdown, glitch, weird sound, but all of that is gone for me and many others, can you list here your configuration, the games you are playing, etc...
Are you well setting SPUSYNC to on? and have enhance sound is well off coz this last can cause somes glitch in sound.
fpse 0.11.39 is well the version you have?

result on all my devices even my old HTC HD2 are very good. perhaps the API i use is unliked by your system??? what is your rom?

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:05 pm

schtruck wrote:@deejayzee , you are talking about slowdown, glitch, weird sound, but all of that is gone for me and many others, can you list here your configuration, the games you are playing, etc...
Are you well setting SPUSYNC to on? and have enhance sound is well off coz this last can cause somes glitch in sound.

result on all my devices even, my HTC HD2 are very good. perhaps the API i use is unliked by your system??? what is your rom?

OK, i'll to make report later, i think capturing video will be the best for you to see what's wrong. I can test on any android version, GB or ICS or JB.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:08 pm

just tested FF7, FF8, FF9, all have perfect gameplay, musics, etc... Peoples who report bad sound are most of the time not using SPUSYNC where it's needed, if they could just read the Documentation that would avoid them to lose time.

shade

Postby shade » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:06 pm

just checked Chrono Cross and compared to the previous version it's got a serious speed up (software mode, frameskip on) and it's now for me fully playable with quite good sound and music :D
excellent work schtruck :)

ps. playing all these games iam wondering if there could be a possibility to implant a battery gauge ? so i can see how much left of it without quiting a game

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:38 pm

thanks shade for your report, can you precise the ROM version you use?

shade

Postby shade » Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:46 pm

it's stock rom, no root, so no overclocking
android version 2.3.3
Kernel:2.6.35.10-g53a84f9
Build number: 2.42.405.4 CL192788 release keys

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:50 pm

Those with bad framerates try forcing mono core. That fixed it for me

Tumalu
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Postby Tumalu » Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:54 pm

Schtruck, I can confirm deejay's words. I hqve the samr issues.still while.having.the same config as shade. So that cannot be it.

I tell you it.run greqt in software mode on an older version for me. Version 0.11.29 to be exact. Perfect sound and video in ffix for me in software mode. Wish I could play like that again.

Opengl still stutters too while our hardware is powerful enough. It's not the phone itself, it is in topnotch.

Still thanks for trying to make it better but I have no idea what this can be. Deejay has this too and many others I have talked to. Even.with different hardware. For me the cursor bleeps in ffix is very weird, the moogles sound is cut in half etc. these things keep happening no matter what I use for settings.

Return to “News”