Fpse for Android News

max3000

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby max3000 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:56 pm

I'm running CM7 RC3 and I think I'm gonna go back to CM6.1.2 till there's going to be a final, stable release.

eXe_Raziel
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Vibrant

Postby eXe_Raziel » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:13 pm

I'm hoping rumsey is still checking this thread but would definitely appreciate input from anyone else using the codebreaker .bin posted on page 80 something.

I downloaded and installed as per the "error-proof" instructions for using it with the FF9 item scroller. I am trying to use this with FF8 if that makes any difference. The game's been running fine for me thus far and I've yet to have any problem with FPSe aside from the fact that if I load state FMV's stop playing and I just get a white screen until they're over, but they work fine if I load from memory card. Weird.

Anyway, codebreaker loads just fine, I get the menu. But once I'm at the codebreaker menu, I can't do anything. None of the buttons work. I even tried going into the input menu and setting hard keys, those wouldn't work either. I'm on a Samsung Vibrant (Galaxy S) and firmware 2.2. I also tried a savesate that rumsey posted for codebreaker to allow booting the .bin without first loading a game. That didn't work either, in fact when I tried loading that savestate it just froze FPSe and I had to hit the home key and use a taskiller to shut it down.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

edit: So after the most frustrating hour of my life and strongly considering hopping in my car and running over my phone, I figured out that somehow my controller got set to analog. Changed it to digital, it works. The codes aren't working worth a damn, but at least I'm in the menu. LoL. Figured I'd leave this up in case anyone runs into the same issue, I searched all over looking for the answer to this problem and couldn't find anything.
Last edited by eXe_Raziel on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Anybody able to use boost mode on Rayman???

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:51 am

max3000 wrote:I'm running CM7 RC3 and I think I'm gonna go back to CM6.1.2 till there's going to be a final, stable release.

What phone are you using (btw, might wanna add that info to your profile)? Still waiting on rc3 for vision. Although fpse runs great on build 29. Even lowered my overclock to save battery, as I don't lose too many fps doing so.

kSt
Primary Device: LG GT540

Postby kSt » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:21 am

Time for some feedback from me.
(LG GT540 CM7RC2 by Mur4ik 744Mhz)

* 10.18 runs slower than 10.16 (5-7fps less) with occasional ~20 fps drop-downs for about 5-7sec.
* I`m using Boost mode everywhere. In early versions it gave ~3 fps, so it wasn`t necessary, from some version performance decreased, but Boost mode started to give ~15-20 fps boost and hence make all the difference.
* Zeemote works perfectly, but it would be useful to have option to reconnect it in game, for example if you occasionally turned it off by pressing "D" for too long (yes, it DID happen). I also support the idea of remapping zeemote buttons.
* Shtruck, please take a look at Ace Combat 3. It runs pretty smooth despite being complex and nice, but graphics is totally messed for now. (NB, menus won`t work with Frameskip enabled, but it is not an issue)
* Disabling overlay PADs doesn`t seem to make a performance difference for me.

Anyway, thanks for this great app.
Looking forward for GPU support.

80063r
Primary Device: HTC Evo 4G
Operating System: Gingerbread 2.3.3
ROM: CyanogenMod7-nightly 30

Postby 80063r » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:20 am

crualfoxhound wrote:80063R
Cyanogen mod 7
Nightly.

Gingerbread

hope that helps you.

Yep, that helped. I flashed CyanogenMod7 nightly 30 and now its working like a champ. I played Need for Speed 3, Ridge Racer and Destruction Derby at what looks to be full speed. About an average of 55 fps and up to 65 and down to 35, very playable and no glitches. Mortal Kombat 2 was playable but the audio seemed a little sluggish and would skip a little now and then - not too bad. I'm very impressed. Keep up the good work.

One problem though - when I click to enable Boost Mode, it kicks me back to the main settengs menu with the four buttons and upon clicking any buttons or loading an iso, I get a Force Close. Boost Mode can't be enabled by the menu. What is the setting for Boost Mode in the ini file?

Another problem is now I have the same problem with video recording that just about everyone else with CM7 nightly 30 on an Evo has. The video recording freezes the video after about 2 seconds. Oh well, I've never used video recording before, so...and I'm sure they'll fix it soon.

Gabraham
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Droid 2
ROM: Froyo 2.2

Postby Gabraham » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:33 am

FPse is running remarkably well and has exceeded my expectations. Hell of a lot better than psx4droid which I don't think has run a single game I've tested on it at full speed. This emulator however not only plays it at full speed on my droid 2, it can play some games faster.

However herein lies an issue: no custom fps limit setting! You might be working on this, I'm new to the site so I apologize for being redundant if I am. The game I've tried it on, digimon world (us) runs either too slow (at 50 fps) or too high (at 90). Enabling emulation slowing features only brings it down to about 65 at the lowest, one of which I don't even like to use. Sound is great though, some pc emulators I've used have a hard time getting it right without tweaking the settings a lot.

Anyways, an additional 60 fps limit setting or a custom fps limit setting would be appreciated in an oncoming update!

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:09 pm

One problem though - when I click to enable Boost Mode, it kicks me back to the main settengs menu with the four buttons and upon clicking any buttons or loading an iso, I get a Force Close. Boost Mode can't be enabled by the menu. What is the setting for Boost Mode in the ini file?

Man, Great question. I'd too like to know how to change the ini file to enable boost mode permanently???

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:32 pm

I see the problem with boost mode
Booting you out on selecting it through menu
Before running games.

Personaly I don't use it nor HLE mode
On my desire hd
So haven't a issue with it.

But bet schtruck will address the problem.

Bye...
Galaxy note 9 exynos

80063r
Primary Device: HTC Evo 4G
Operating System: Gingerbread 2.3.3
ROM: CyanogenMod7-nightly 30

Postby 80063r » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:37 pm

Running Spyro at an almost perfectly stable 60fps in portrait and landscape mode with overlays and not a single glitch yet. Savestates are working and no sticky buttons or anything weird going on. (Except in portrait mode I can't press the start button. I think its just where I have it positioned - Bottom Middle, might work if I moved to to Top Middle for portrait.)

Return to “News”