ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby crualfoxhound » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:23 pm

Ok mate.

Im using ultraiso
And got the bin.
But no luck with it mucker.

Thanks anyway
I stop posting about things like this and just give update.
On development of fpse.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

HDM
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
ROM: Froyo

Postby HDM » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:17 pm

I agree that the mp3 support would be a great option greatly appreciated, and that besides all this, save a lot of storage space, I am very limited and I have to leave many of my games off due to lack of physical space, between music videos photos, emulators, and android games that occupy increasingly more space, asphalt6 and others almost 1GB etc

-1 psx full game on android 600mb
-1 psx full rip game on winmo 200mb (ej)
-PSX4FPse- -PadSx3- -Skins For Android-

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9

Postby crualfoxhound » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Hi all just a little news update.

Schtruck is currently minding on how he change on-screen buttons
To get big boost.

Sound interesting

Ps HDM
thanks for the link mucker
It works great.

Bye...
Galaxy note 9 exynos

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:39 pm

crualfoxhound wrote:Hi all just a little news update.

Schtruck is currently minding on how he change on-screen buttons
To get big boost.

Sound interesting

Ps HDM
thanks for the link mucker
It works great.

Bye...

Great news! The pad slowdown is one of my big issues with fpse, so a fix would be fantastic.

mkr14
Primary Device: Samsung Captivate SGH-I897
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Serendipity 6.2

Postby mkr14 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:38 pm

LouCipher wrote:
mkr14 wrote:I "fixed" the slowdowns in FF games and the sound stuttering in Castlevania SotN by overclocking my phone 1.3ghz+. Runs great at 1.3ghz. (Samsung Captivate 1Ghz)

Many custom roms/kernels offer overclocking capability. Try it out if you are desperate. (careful though, it is a tad technical and you can screw up your phone!)

I am sure there is an optimization route to deal with these problems but brute force seems to work as well.

Well, I'm sure you were being facetious, but, not really a "fix". I can oc to 1.5GHz, and still if I have antialiasing turned on, I see a drop to about 50 fps when the menus pop up. Without the menus, speed is perfect. Just an optimization waiting to happen.

I would like to take this opportunity to ask schtruck if he's had a chance to look at this slowdown. Bit of a big deal to us RPG geeks, since Square makes the best, and this issue only impacts their games. Any progress made on this one?

Yeah, this is why I put fixed in quotes. Not exactly being facetious, I was able to alleviate these two issues by overclocking. I do not expect antialiasing to run or anything but I am getting solid speeds in Final Fantasy IX battles and the sound stuttering in Castlevania is gone(still very minor sound glitches at times, but nothing big like stuttering music). If I go any lower than 1.3ghz, the stuttering in Castlevania comes back. Sure antialiasing is nice, but it is a luxury at this point and I by no means need it. I just want relatively good sound and speeds.

The emulator definitely needs optimization and real fixes. I just wanted to state that I was able to alleviate these issues with overclocking.

EliteNemesis14
Primary Device: Samsung Captivate
Operating System: Gingerbread 2.3.5
ROM: CM7.1 RC1 keeping up with nightlies

Postby EliteNemesis14 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:32 am

I finally Got my zeemote in the mail and it would not connect to fpse. It works in other emus. It just said "connecting, this may take a few moments" And just stayed like that. Left it for like 20 min and nothing. Then I chose to turn off the auto connect, and now there is no way to get fpse to try and connect again. I cleared data and uninstal/re-installed it, but it still wont try to connect anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

Edit: NM...i was able to map the keys as hardware keys and its working. Don't even need to have Zeemote enabled in the options.

80063r
Primary Device: HTC Evo 4G
Operating System: Gingerbread 2.3.3
ROM: CyanogenMod7-nightly 30

Postby 80063r » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:06 am

Hi, I'm new to Fpse but not to most emulators - I've used dozens including android apps like psx4droid. I had the
stock OTA update to 2.2 and psx4droid I think 1.1 and I was relatively happy. Many games wouldn't play but the ones
that did were not too bad like Need for Speed 3: Hot Pursuit and the ROM that had Crash Bandicoot 1 2 3 and Spyro in
one. I played them alot.

I have the HTC Evo 4g and I just rooted and flashed the Cyanogen Mod 7-GX4 and the toastcfh 2.6.34 wimax kernal as on
this page http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935275 and now psx4droid no longer works even though I set
it up exactly as before. So I tried v1.7 and v2 and they don't work either. So I came here eventually and tried
Fpse.

I just finished reading this entire thread - took me several days and I understand almost everything up to this
point.

I have been getting some very repeatable Force Closes and I can't get any ROM to load. The only way I get anything
out of it is to disable Fast Booting and then I get less than a second of the Sony sound and get kicked to the Home
Screen. I have tried many different settings configurations and sometimes had to edit the ini file directly and now
everytime I save a default configuration, nearly every line in the ini file gets its last letter duplicated like:

SCPH1001.binnnn
... =offfff

or the setting that I just changed from on to off looks like this:

thissetting=offn

Before the duplicate letters started happening, I could save the default config and then Menu->Power
Button->Restart and then I would be at the main menu for settings with the four buttons. The only button
I have tried after the restart is the System button, but it has always done a Force Close at that point and then I'm at the ISO
selection screen.

ROMs I've tried:

Grand Theft Auto 2 in bin and cue format
Mortal Kombat 2 in bin.ZNX
Ridge Racer in iso
Destruction Derby in iso
Need For Speed 3:Hot Pursuit in iso.Z
Ridge Racer in bin.Z
and another Ridge Racer in iso

Any time I start an iso I get a black screen for about .5 to 3 seconds then get kicked back to the Home Screen.
No overlay shows up and I only get any sound if I uncheck Fast Boot.

I have tried several different BIOS's though not all of them:

scph-1001.bin
SCPH1001.bin
SCPH1002.bin

and with HLE unchecked, heck, I tried just about every combination of checking/unchecking that I or anyone
else thinks would do any good.

Update - I just reinstalled and now every ROM I choose gives me a Force Close.

Could this have to do with my phone ROM or the Kernal I installed. If so, could someone point me to a good
Gingerbread ROM for HTC Evo 4G that doesn't have too many features disabled?

Edit: Here's my fpselog.txt if it may help:

Code: Select all

FPSE - Fast PlayStation Emulator
Android Version  0.11 by FPSE team
BUILD Mar 20 2011 19:58:23

Porting done by Schtruck

INI_Load(): Error reading configuration file "/data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files/cfg/Ridge Racer.ini"
Initializing system...
---------------------------------------------------------
(.) Allocating memory blocks...
(.) Initializing hardware resources...
(.) Initializing CDROM engine.
-> (.) SCEE zone selected.
(.) Geometry Transformation Engine...
-> (.) Using DSP V5 GTE engine.
(.) Motion Decoder Engine...
-> (.) Using MDEC V5 engine
(.) Initializing BIOS resources...
-> (.) Loading '/sdcard/psx bios/SCPH1001.BIN'...
(.) Loading files...
-> (.) Game License: SCES_000.01

Opening console...
---------------------------------------------------------

Kierek wrote:
90180360 wrote:
Kierek wrote:http://pastebin.com/J7HUMW5L

Sorry about Android noob question, but is this how you get those logs?

This is the exact way how I'm getting logs :)

I've used adb a little but what commands would I enter to get those logs. That page linked to covers a lot of material on adb.
I'd like to test and reply with logs too. I seems it helped a little in the past.

artlan wrote:To my knowledge, ES will not show you the hidden contents of the \Data\ folder.
You need something like RootExplorer to get into \data\data\ and see the rest. (Or a terminal program if your
comfortable with dos/unix style commands)

Sometimes I use RootExplorer and sometimes I use ES File Explorer. Both can access the data/data folder.

90180360 wrote:Пожалуйста, будьте терпеливы!

...had me laughing for an hour. lol, still laughing.

LouCipher wrote:The files are located in /data/data/app/com.emulator.fpse/files/memcard and sstate. You have to be rooted to get to
them, and most file browsers won't do the trick. Easiest way is from terminal emulator. I recommend copying them to
your sdcard, then changing the fpse settings to point to the sdcard. That way you can easily back them up, and
they'll survive a phone wipe.

Also, could those /data/data files be copied with adb on a non rooted phone?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:18 pm

your problem is very interresting, i had this problem randomly early in the Porting project, but had no more it since longtime....

I have no idea what could generate such problem but what i'm sure is that once it come, nothing will work...

If anybody have any idea ... you're welcome...

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9

Postby crualfoxhound » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:00 pm

80063R

Don't know if this is for your phone.

Cyanogen mod 7
Nightly.

Gingerbread

hope that helps you.

Goodluck

Bye...
Galaxy note 9 exynos

Primary Device: ZTE Blade

Postby 90180360 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:18 pm

CM7 is known to cause all kinds of problems...

Return to “News”