Fpse for Android News

LaDroso
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus transformer prime

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby LaDroso » Tue May 15, 2012 3:27 pm

OMG Uddasa! Thank you so much! It was just thé emulator who wasn't correctly configured! Everything is working fine now. Again, thank you so much!

Uddasa
Primary Device: ASUS EeePad Transformer
ROM: Revolution HD 3.2.2

Postby Uddasa » Tue May 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Ah, I'm glad you have it working now.
Configuration is sometimes a pain in the ass : check a settings, quit FPSe, start FPSe, launch the game, not working..., check another setting etc.
Specially when you have different games with different configuration.
I think I remember Schtruck talking about per game settings in a future release. But I'm not 100% sure.

leon22heart
Primary Device: sony xperia neo with cm9
Operating System: android 4.0.4 cm9
ROM: fxp hallon cm9

Postby leon22heart » Tue May 15, 2012 5:25 pm

guys can i ask how to make saga frontier work on software mode ? because on opengl it plays pretty good but there is a problem with synchronicity of sound even with the fix enabled

btw i use a compressed image with pocket iso (.bz) ,bios 1001,fastdraw ,framelimiter .No matter what i try the screen is black and the game does not start.only game that doesnt work in soft but in opengl no problem at all

jamesw123
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Kindle Fire oc 1.2 ghz
Operating System: Android
ROM: CM7

Postby jamesw123 » Wed May 16, 2012 2:07 am

having some issues with chrono cross.

i'm running on kindle fire with cm7 using opengl, special framlimiter, framskip, and busy fix.

Aside from slow down when entering battles it runs like a dream. Sadly i get the occasional freeze when accepting new characters or entering shops, not very often and a reset fixes it but it does happen.

Also, during battle some attack animations cause a weird effect where a screenshot of the last fmv that played will show for a second along with colored "noise" (for lack of a better word), i get this in the menus sometimes too. also when talking to the prophet in viper manor, the screen got VERY screwed up (again showing a screen of last fmv and "noise" where the original screen effect would have bee) and the framerate dropped from 60 to 8 until the scene ended. are these common problems or do you think this is device specific? i don't really expect the fire to get much support but it would be nice to see someone else check this out.

all in all the program works way better than i thought a psx emu would on android, and i'm really happy with it.

rubejb
Primary Device: Motorola Triumph

Postby rubejb » Wed May 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Uddasa wrote:Yes I meant Android version. Maybe your bugs are caused by the Tegra 3 processor/drivers.

So I'm using the following settings:
System: (nothing)
Audio :
-spusync
Video :
-original screen size
-offscreen drawing (to see battle menus)
-alpha multipass (to see the cursor)
-texture filtering (not sure if it does something)
-special frameskip (better FPS)

I just got a Motorla Xoom, which is a Tegra 2 device. I've never really mucked around with the opengl plugin on my phone because everything looked and ran fine with the software settings. But now that I have the tablet everything is a bit too ugly blown up.

So I was wondering if the settings you listed there would in theory work for my Xoom as well. And should these settings you listed work for most games, or would I need to tweak some (or all) of them for different games?

Thanks!

Uddasa
Primary Device: ASUS EeePad Transformer
ROM: Revolution HD 3.2.2

Postby Uddasa » Thu May 17, 2012 12:21 pm

There's only one way to know : try it!
Most of the video settings are game dependant. Most of the time you can disable them all, but if your game looks bad, try them one at a time.
The only thing I always activate is the special frameskip.

rubejb

Postby rubejb » Thu May 17, 2012 12:46 pm

Uddasa wrote:There's only one way to know : try it!
Most of the video settings are game dependant. Most of the time you can disable them all, but if your game looks bad, try them one at a time.
The only thing I always activate is the special frameskip.

Okay, thanks for the help! I enabled the hardware driver and Castlevania ran like molasses and I didn't have time to tinker with it so I gave up. I'll muck around a bit and see if I can get things running smoothly.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu May 17, 2012 2:19 pm

FPse 0.11.24 available to the market:

- Major update of Software drawing code, on Multi core devices, FPse is much more faster and screen is automatically filtered on ICS with multi core.
- Added new screen size option into MISC menu, if you set Special screen size from Video menu, this option from MISC menu will let you choose between Fullscreen, 4/3, Small and very small.
- Added support of Sub channel files .sbi or .sub, those file can be found on redump.org site, those files need to be named and the ISO image file name and is necessary for many protected games. Check this site to see if your game is protected or not.

rubejb

Postby rubejb » Thu May 17, 2012 3:07 pm

schtruck wrote:FPse 0.11.24 available to the market:

- Major update of Software drawing code, on Multi core devices, FPse is much more faster and screen is automatically filtered on ICS with multi core.
- Added new screen size option into MISC menu, if you set Special screen size from Video menu, this option from MISC menu will let you choose between Fullscreen, 4/3, Small and very small.
- Added support of Sub channel files .sbi or .sub, those file can be found on redump.org site, those files need to be named and the ISO image file name and is necessary for many protected games. Check this site to see if your game is protected or not.

Special Screen Size doesn't seem to save. I've tried changing it to 4X3 Original, the setting changes. I then Save Config as Default, exit out and start up the same ISO and the setting reverts back to Full Screen. Applying the default config doesn't appear to apply the Special Screen Size either.

Thanks!

edit:

Forgot to mention, this is on a Motorola Xoom with official ICS 4.0.4

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu May 17, 2012 3:22 pm

you need to set SPecial Screen size from Video menu and then choose size in MISC menu.

Return to “News”