Fpse for Android News

Xandrex
Primary Device: Hp Touchpad
Operating System: Android
ROM: Cyanogenmod 9 nightly

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Xandrex » Mon May 14, 2012 8:24 am

thecatinthehat wrote:I've been getting unbearable slow downs in FF9 especially in battles, where the game will pause for a second to render a frame. World map performance is also poor .

Great to hear I'm not alone in this xD. For now I'll continue in software, which plays amazingly fast. Let's hope this OpenGl will someday work just as well.

FelipeCarvalho
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Stock

Postby FelipeCarvalho » Mon May 14, 2012 2:47 pm

Hi, using fpse on my nexus.

On soft mode, works ok with a few drops from 60 fps.

Still, opengl mode is not working well. fps drops to 40 at max and frameskip option does not help.

Is there a thread somewhere about fpse on the galaxy nexus? Anyone had success using opengl?

Tnx!

LaDroso
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus transformer prime

Postby LaDroso » Mon May 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Seirously... No one got something about the pb with FF VII ??? (Open GL activated,)

I don't wanna play without open GL, the sound is awfull and the game has very low graphsim (worst than the original game)

Asus Transformer Prime ICS

doc99jamil
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: Android/MIUI
ROM: coocked, JaguarMiui v20

Postby doc99jamil » Mon May 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Dear all;

excuse me for this noob question, i realy searched but with no answer, sorry if it was asked before.

how can i assign a button in the overlay pad to "hold" not "toggle" as the windows version?

thanks alot

Uddasa
Primary Device: ASUS EeePad Transformer
ROM: Revolution HD 3.2.2

Postby Uddasa » Mon May 14, 2012 6:38 pm

LaDroso wrote:Seirously... No one got something about the pb with FF VII ??? (Open GL activated,)

I don't wanna play without open GL, the sound is awfull and the game has very low graphsim (worst than the original game)

Asus Transformer Prime ICS

I've got a transformer TF101 and almost everything is fine in FF7.
Battles are working in OpenGL mode. But unlike you I don't have transitions before battles. The games goes directly to the battle after a short freeze (1 sec maybe).

What firmware are you using? Maybe try to see if a newer version is available.

LaDroso
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus transformer prime

Postby LaDroso » Mon May 14, 2012 6:54 pm

what do you mean "what firmware are you using"? U mean, what is the version of android am I using? Well, I am on Android 4.0.3 , last update for my tablet...

I don't think it's about that, maybe a wrong setting? What are you using in the video settings?

btw, I don't have battle transition too, the game is frozen during 1/2 sec and then begin ;)

schtruck
Site Admin
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon May 14, 2012 7:46 pm

it doesn't freeze, it just don't show the screen effect.

Uddasa
Primary Device: ASUS EeePad Transformer
ROM: Revolution HD 3.2.2

Postby Uddasa » Mon May 14, 2012 7:49 pm

Yes I meant Android version. Maybe your bugs are caused by the Tegra 3 processor/drivers.

So I'm using the following settings:
System: (nothing)
Audio :
-spusync
Video :
-original screen size
-offscreen drawing (to see battle menus)
-alpha multipass (to see the cursor)
-texture filtering (not sure if it does something)
-special frameskip (better FPS)

I've just launched a new game and passed the first boss battle (Scorpion).

Note for Shtruck: I'm not sure if in older versions of FPSe it was like that, but now I see some artefacts around transparent textures. Pixels or lines (same color). They are moving/flickering rapidly when the background is scrolling, and still otherwise (it doesn't happen with FF8).

Edit: sorry for the term "freeze" in my previous post. It didn't meant it was bug. Just that the game "appears" frozen.
By the way, it's really a good thing that the framebuffer effect is skipped.

schtruck
Site Admin
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue May 15, 2012 11:24 am

two very good news,

i have added Sub channel file support .sub and .sbi, which is necessary for many game that could freeze due to protection. those sbi files can be found on the famous site redump.org as well as cue file if need it.

and finally i have fixed the Software mode drawing code (which caused crash previously randomly), now Fastdraw is the unique drawing code, and a very good surprise is that Multi core mode works so far smooth and extremely fast and with Antialiasing ON! rendering, speed are now very good in software mode. For example, on Crash bandicoot 2 i have 136fps on my GS note and 116 fps on my HTX one X, with very good smoothed GFX.

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Tue May 15, 2012 2:02 pm

schtruck wrote:two very good news,

i have added Sub channel file support .sub and .sbi, which is necessary for many game that could freeze due to protection. those sbi files can be found on the famous site redump.org as well as cue file if need it.

and finally i have fixed the Software mode drawing code (which caused crash previously randomly), now Fastdraw is the unique drawing code, and a very good surprise is that Multi core mode works so far smooth and extremely fast and with Antialiasing ON! rendering, speed are now very good in software mode. For example, on Crash bandicoot 2 i have 136fps on my GS note and 116 fps on my HTX one X, with very good smoothed GFX.

That is bloody perfect.
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

Return to “News”