Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby D69K » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:55 am

schtruck wrote:About the multitouch problem it seems it's related to Samsung devices only.

there is something to understand, i'm working with azerty16 to fix that shortly. in fact in multi touch there is a big delay after releasing one button, when two where pressed previously...if you find somes informations somewhere you're welcome.

Now with last update i have broken the Transparency level, i'll fix it immediatly.

About vibration keys i'll add that in a next update too.

actually I'm facing the same problem with my Desire HD !!
i hate to be the one who breaks this bad news to you :(

also vibration doesn't work i've tried high and medium and low (with analog of course) but it doesn't work
and i know the game supports it cause it does vibrate on FpseCE on my HD2 but not with Fpse for Android

and the thing i noticed with the last update that CDDA music doesn't work like before (it was working before the update) !! it just gives a very disturbing noisy sound anyone else having the same thing ??

dgg04 wrote:Hey,

I'm using a rooted droid and I just purchased Fpse.

So far it is working well with MGS, I turned on SPUsync and I was able to start a new game. I also turned off the overlay controls and am just using hardware controls to play in landscape mode. This greatly improved the performance.

However, I'm running into a problem when I try to use the save feature built into Fpse.

It saves okay and I can load back to the spot where I saved but I lose all sound.

Any help would be appreciated or is this a known issue?

Thanks

same thing here sound breaks after loading .. just in MGS other games are fine by the way !!
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

artlan
Primary Device: HTC EVO 4G
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
ROM: Fresh Rom

Postby artlan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:38 am

While making my own pad skin (with a veritable SLEW of config options... all 16 used) I noticed something and I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's "by design" thing - haven't really dug around admittedly. But in Portrait mode, regardless of what options are set in the Touchscreen section, every available button is displayed, but it works just peachy when rotated to landscape.
Doesn't really bug me too much since I only play IN landscape, but seeing the lower half of the screen flooded in buttons had me worried for a bit there!

Oh, also, when picking a external pad, you have to back out of the config screen and go back into it before you can see the notes on the buttons

Btw - if anyone wants me to post the pad I can

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:15 am

artlan wrote:While making my own pad skin (with a veritable SLEW of config options... all 16 used) I noticed something and I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's "by design" thing - haven't really dug around admittedly. But in Portrait mode, regardless of what options are set in the Touchscreen section, every available button is displayed, but it works just peachy when rotated to landscape.
Doesn't really bug me too much since I only play IN landscape, but seeing the lower half of the screen flooded in buttons had me worried for a bit there!

Oh, also, when picking a external pad, you have to back out of the config screen and go back into it before you can see the notes on the buttons

yes totally the same problem happened to me
i made my own pads and modified the given ini file
it works Perfectly in landscape but in portrait it so missed up !!
they drew on top of each other !!

it would be nice in the future to have a new menu to assign onscreen buttons (and their places) like FpseCE ..

btw happy to see your creation :)
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:16 am

schtruck wrote:About the multitouch problem it seems it's related to Samsung devices only.

there is something to understand, i'm working with azerty16 to fix that shortly. in fact in multi touch there is a big delay after releasing one button, when two where pressed previously...if you find somes informations somewhere you're welcome.

Now with last update i have broken the Transparency level, i'll fix it immediatly.

About vibration keys i'll add that in a next update too.

Yeah, I get the multi-touch issue with my HTC too

Please Please on your next update put a .1 or .2 after the .10 so we can distinguish the builds and see the progress. :D Example: FPse 0.10.2

Maguel
Primary Device: Droid X
ROM: Liberty 1.5

Postby Maguel » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:24 am

I'm having issues loading between different save states of the same game. I have set one directory into which save states for every game are saved. Do I need to segment different folders for save states of each rom?

artlan
Primary Device: HTC EVO 4G
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
ROM: Fresh Rom

Postby artlan » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:36 am

D69K wrote:
artlan wrote:While making my own pad skin (with a veritable SLEW of config options... all 16 used) I noticed something and I'm not sure if it's a bug or if it's "by design" thing - haven't really dug around admittedly. But in Portrait mode, regardless of what options are set in the Touchscreen section, every available button is displayed, but it works just peachy when rotated to landscape.

yes totally the same problem happened to me
i made my own pads and modified the given ini file
it works Perfectly in landscape but in portrait it so missed up !!
they drew on top of each other !!

it would be nice in the future to have a new menu to assign onscreen buttons (and their places) like FpseCE ..

btw happy to see your creation :)

Here you go then :)
If I only had 2 more options XD (a bit overkill? perhaps...)
Attachments
artlans-pad.zip
Custom Pad Layout based off given example
(248.13 KiB) Downloaded 96 times

rufio
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2

Postby rufio » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:38 am

dgg04 wrote:Hey,

I'm using a rooted droid and I just purchased Fpse.

So far it is working well with MGS, I turned on SPUsync and I was able to start a new game. I also turned off the overlay controls and am just using hardware controls to play in landscape mode. This greatly improved the performance.

However, I'm running into a problem when I try to use the save feature built into Fpse.

It saves okay and I can load back to the spot where I saved but I lose all sound.

Any help would be appreciated or is this a known issue?

Hey dgg04. I'm running into similar problems as well. I think the biggest issue right now is the touchscreen issues folks are having, but how many out there are also experiencing sound bugs? Either intermittent sound skips, choppy sound, no sound at all, or perfect sound/music?

If we can compile this information maybe we can find a pattern in it. I know for me, I'm using a Droid 2, and when I first start my games the music/sound is perfect, but after I save and/or close the application and reopen it, the sound is choppy, or skips.

I'm not sure if this helps, but Phrozen made a solid post earlier on. It didn't help me yet, but it may help others with their issues. Here is the post he made below:

phrozen087 wrote:
LeSScro wrote:Please, if you find a working configuration, share with communauty...
Maybe i can edit a list and configuration for specific device on Website... like a table...

Here is a list of all my settings and it seems to work in every game I have tried. My phone is a Droid 2 (running Liberty v1.5 ROM at 1.1GHz). I have zero video and gameplay slow down and almost no audio slowdown in any game I have tried.

Droid 2 Settings
Should work for the Droid X/Milestone 2 as well

Emulator Settings:
System:
Bios: schp1001.bin
Mdec: Enable
Gte: Enable
Fast Booting: Enable
HLE Mode: Disable
Boost Mode: Disable

Audio:
SPU Sync: Enable (see note)
(This is the only setting, works in almost every game. In the one game Lunar 2: Eternal Blue disabling this setting makes the sound much better. Out of 20+ games this is the only game that I needed to change this setting to get better audio)

Video:
Framelimiter: Enable
Frameskip: no frameskip
Screen Filtering: Disable
Screen Size: Fullscreen

Input:
Digital
Touchscreen:
Slide mode: disable
relative moves: disable
transparency: 20%
Enabled buttons: 0 and 1 (rest disabled)
Hardware Keys: whatever you need here
Multi Keys: doesn't seem to be working atm, so I have none
Accelerometer: disable
Force Feedback: low

Root Only Changes:
I am not sure if this really affects the way the gameplay works, but it seemed to improve my performance overall so I will put it here as well. If you are not comfortable with rooting/editing files then you shouldn't do this, but overall I feel it made some minor increase in performance.

For all of the following start by:
open "data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files" with a program like root explorer

Embed bios
1) copy the schp1001.bin bios into the bios folder in here
2) Open the fpse.ini file now (you can edit by long pressing in root explorer and selecting edit text file) and change the line that says "BiosName=schp1001.bin_is_recommended" to "BiosName=schp1001.bin" (P.S. I wish schtruck would remove the _is_recommended as it wasn't in the initial release and you could avoid this second step.....)
3) Save the file

Embed mem cards
1) Convert your memorycards to the .mcd format and rename them "slot1.mcd" and "slot2.mcd"
2) Paste them in the memcards subfolder of the above directory

Cleaning up your configs
**it might be helpful if the emulator had a built in option to clear the cfgs as once you make a lot of changes they don't get carried over if saved configs already exist**
1) Open 1 ISO and enable all of the above settings. Copy everything, set everything, basically make sure everything is perfect for the 1 game and the save the default settings.
2) Now make sure to embed the bios in data if you haven't already.
3) Now delete the "cfgs" folder
4) Every game should now load up and run perfectly on the Droid 2!

Side note
You may see some other settings in the .ini like enabling armv7, etc... I have tried messing with most of the settings in here that you can't change from within the emulator and the performance doesn't really seem to increase or decrease with any changes. I am just making this note to save others time if they think this might do something.

rufio
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2

Postby rufio » Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:41 am

Maguel wrote:I'm having issues loading between different save states of the same game. I have set one directory into which save states for every game are saved. Do I need to segment different folders for save states of each rom?

I've also been having this issue. When you go to save to a slot, no matter if you save at different points to different slots, when you load any of them they all seem to load the same save point, which is usually the last one you made. I mentioned it earlier but for the time being it's not the end of the world, as most of the games have "in-game" save functions that you can still load/save to if you absolutely have to.

Wordslinger
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Incredible
ROM: Stock HTC Sense

Postby Wordslinger » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:34 am

I've searched my internal memory and SD card and can't find the memory card from Psx4droid or the files for FPSe (to add a new gamepad overlay). Where can I find these files? Do I need root?

bhed
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Archos 70

Postby bhed » Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:04 am

Having same issues as rufio. Playing Diablo, no matter which save slot (fpse, not memory card) I load from, all the slots have the same save - the last one. Basically there's only one actual working save slot. Does this have something to do with being unable to name or timestamp the save slots?

It seems to be happening with different games.

Return to “News”