Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:35 am

guys, it's seems freezes still happen, and i'm working as hell to understand the main reason, there is many possibilities, so i test one by one slowly because freeze is not immediate... long process.

If people here complain with freeze on lasts version of FPse let me know i'll send you a test version.

kingpinzero
Primary Device: htc one x int
Operating System: android
ROM: insert coin

Postby kingpinzero » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:49 am

schtruck wrote:guys, it's seems freezes still happen, and i'm working as hell to understand the main reason, there is many possibilities, so i test one by one slowly because freeze is not immediate... long process.

If people here complain with freeze on lasts version of FPse let me know i'll send you a test version.

No freezes here but i cant understand why ff9 doesnt boot while it does in expse.
Also on a side note, which resolution outputs the opengl plugin? Is there anything i can modify to change the value?

Kasser
Primary Device: Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 4.03

Postby Kasser » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:23 am

The freezes are quite minor but good if can be fixed. By the way, Tekken 3 no longer crashes at the end of the final sequences; shows the credits then back to the game as normal. So you fixed it. BRAVO DUDE! I just hope nothing breaks this in future.

I think the features are pretty amazing now, a few bugs here and there but jeez, it's gone back to being my favourite app on the market ;)

Sarkie
Primary Device: Asus Transformer Prime

Postby Sarkie » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:00 am

schtruck wrote:guys, it's seems freezes still happen, and i'm working as hell to understand the main reason, there is many possibilities, so i test one by one slowly because freeze is not immediate... long process.

I sometimes get "freezes" during round change on Tekken 3 where it can take up to a minute to go to the next round, not sure if that's related? (I just tried and can't reproduce it)

I'm getting a lot of my old PSX games soon, so I can test quite a few if needs be.

i900frenchaddict
Global Moderator
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4

Postby i900frenchaddict » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:06 pm

kingpinzero wrote:No freezes here but i cant understand why ff9 doesnt boot while it does in expse.
Also on a side note, which resolution outputs the opengl plugin? Is there anything i can modify to change the value?

Weird...what format is your game? .iso, .img, .bin, etc ?

I mean, FF9 bots normally for me.....but if for you, it boots up in epsxe but not in fpse, it sounds like something related to the game format, or (as I tend to think) that epsex handles "badly compressed" games better than fpse

[deXter]
Fresh Fish
Operating System: Android
ROM: CM10

Postby [deXter] » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:37 pm

Hi schtruck,

I know the multi player is experimental right now but it doesn't work at all. On the server device I go to Misc - LAN Multi Player, but it does nothing - I just get the standard FPSE background. No IP address or anything. The program freezes. This is on my S2 but the same thing happens on an S3 I tried. Devices are connected by my phones Wifi hot spot.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:23 pm

I wonder what could cause that.

Do you see well disabled/player 1/player 2?

kingpinzero
Primary Device: htc one x int
Operating System: android
ROM: insert coin

Postby kingpinzero » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:33 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:
kingpinzero wrote:No freezes here but i cant understand why ff9 doesnt boot while it does in expse.

Weird...what format is your game? .iso, .img, .bin, etc ?

I mean, FF9 bots normally for me.....but if for you, it boots up in epsxe but not in fpse, it sounds like something related to the game format, or (as I tend to think) that epsex handles "badly compressed" games better than fpse

Its ccd+img+sub.
Actually its the italian version patched to work on modded consoles and emulators, since european versions have a copy protection that ntsc dont have.
Cant really understand the problem, i was looking forward to play it with fpse due to a better opengl handling
Shtruck did you look at my request above internal resolution on opengl?

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Tell us the size in bytes of the img file , i suspect it s not a 2352 bytes per sector.

[deXter]
Fresh Fish
Operating System: Android
ROM: CM10

Postby [deXter] » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:21 pm

schtruck wrote:I wonder what could cause that.

Do you see well disabled/player 1/player 2?

Nope.

Return to “News”