Fpse for Android News

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:48 am

Maybe I am doing something wrong or the new DMA doesn't apply at all on my OMAP4430 (Droid3). I can't see any improvement from the last version. FPS have not improved and those audio glitches in FFIX are still the same. I tried Dragon Warrior VII and couldn't see any better results. The sound is still choppy and buggy in DQ VII. Also the Dualcore and Thread Priority settings still lead to lagging menus and not enhancing the performance at all.

I don't know, maybe it's just my device?

Any help and suggestions is highly appreciated. (BTW I tried all settings combinations like SPU,FS,FSF,E3DR).

Thanks! ;)

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:09 am

gamerr wrote:on galaxy note works well. but the graphics are very poor due to the big screen. Waiting for better graphics. Thanks for the new version.

Yes graphics need inproving and thay do look bad on our galaxy note.
But i got faith in schtrucks work. He never let me down in the past 13 months.

Catch ya later.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:29 am

schtruck wrote:@hiei,

i was afraid about possible problem with savestate compatibility, because savestate have been fixed a little bit. but be sure to have save configuration for you game, if saved was made with spusync, you have to set SPU sync before reloading or fpse will crash. i don't do this check actually.

I also got a bug using savestates
Tried both spu sync on and off but didnt fix any savestates.

Catch ya later..
Galaxy note 9 exynos

smyth
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia play
Operating System: Android

Postby smyth » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:54 pm

Just updated now some games won't go past their opening screens. Any way to rollback to the previous version (I didn't backup the previous version unfortunately)?

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:11 pm

i detected a big problem with loadstate, in fact somes recompiled code where still in memory while loading save, and this could cause somes possible crash. i'm fixing that now.

About Problems with games, have you tried to change orientation of your device? because someone has reported that screen went black randomly while loading new game or just changing orientation.

thanks for feedback.

Mr_President
Primary Device: Galaxy S II
Operating System: Android
ROM: MIUI official

Postby Mr_President » Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:16 pm

I'm... confused :?. After reading other peoples comments, and trying FFIX and Diablo myself. I cannot see any difference at all :o! All the music slowdowns in FFIX battles and the music looping in Diablo are still there. Also, it was said that loading a ROM file would be faster? No difference there either. Schtruck, are you SURE that you've uploaded the right version? :D.
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."

warwickstingray
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire S
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: stock

Postby warwickstingray » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:04 pm

Thanks for the update! But unfortunately no difference to the performance of gt2 and I still can't use frameskip. Screen orientation makes mo difference. Arcade and sim games both have the same problem. I'm giving up and going back to genesis emulators for a while.

Keep up the good work. If I had a better phone I wouldn't need frameskip!

fyatwyrio
Primary Device: tmobile LG G2x
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: stock

Postby fyatwyrio » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:06 pm

Does any one else with a tegra 2 device, especially a G2x, have issues with the dual core options? It's hard to tell if there is any improvement when the dual options cause such erratic frame rate issues. Turning them off does help but it sucks to not be able to use them on a dual core device. Thanks.

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:33 pm

Mr_President wrote:I'm... confused :?. After reading other peoples comments, and trying FFIX and Diablo myself. I cannot see any difference at all :o! All the music slowdowns in FFIX battles and the music looping in Diablo are still there. Also, it was said that loading a ROM file would be faster? No difference there either. Schtruck, are you SURE that you've uploaded the right version? :D.

I thought that I am the only one who sees no difference. I really don't see any difference. I hope schtruck just did a mistake and the performance improvements will come with the next version :D

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:22 pm

I hate to pile on the bad news for Schtruck, but I too am seeing no performance boost with the new version. I'm even using an Xperia Play, which he said runs many games full speed.

Parasite Eve 2 now won't get past the Square EA logo
FF9 still slows down a ton during battles when the menu is up
Granstream Saga still hovers around 35-45fps (w/screen filtering)

The only game I've seen improvement in so far is FF7, which does seem to be emulating sound better, and outside of the dissolve when going into battles is running pretty well, though I didn't play far or get into a large battle with 3 party members and 2-3 enemies onscreen at the same time. It also is still having problems with the menu overlays and a lot of slowdown in the post-battle screens (I thought this was fixed like 3 versions ago?)

Perhaps there was a bug in the uploaded version or something else that is conflicting with the new DMA code? I read a post a few back that Schtruck mentioned finding a bug, not sure if it would affect the performance or not. Either way, I must admit I am a bit let down that we were promised massive speedups and compatibility and it doesn't appear to have changed much. I hope I am wrong, and I'm very sorry to report bad news to you, Schtruck - I do appreciate your hard work on this, but I wanted to report this so that you could investigate what's going on.

For reference, I'm running an Xperia Play that's been unlocked/rooted and is running Cyanogenmod 7 with one of the more recent nightlies, so I also have CPU overclocking enabled, and still can't get full FPS :(

Return to “News”