Fpse for Android News

camkool
Primary Device: HTC G2
Operating System: Windows Vista
ROM: Cyanogenmod

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby camkool » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:21 pm

no sound after clearing data... and now i lost my saved games. no sound in all my games

dgg04
Primary Device: Droid
ROM: stock

Postby dgg04 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:23 pm

Running latest update of Fpse (0.10.1) on rooted Droid. No overclock.

Metal Gear Solid runs fine and I am able to save/load using the saving system in MGS, but when I try to load using the Fpse saves, I get a sound glitch and freeze when entering new areas.

Castlevania: symphony of the night saving/loading works fine using Fpse, but the sound is stuttering slightly and the game is running slower than normal.

Unchecking SPUsync didn't seem to help.
Also tried boost mode and making the screen smaller in landscape mode.
All overlays disabled.

xaviorffviii
Primary Device: Droid X, Sony Tablet S
Operating System: Android 2.2.1
ROM: Liberty 1.5 Rooted 1.3 Ghz

Postby xaviorffviii » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:32 pm

LouCipher wrote:Agreed on the minor version numbers, would make it much easier when troubleshooting.

Also, doing a little more research into some of my slowdowns, it seems that the screen filtering does not play nice with the in-battle overlay menus in games like Final Fantasy IX and Chrono Cross. For example, in Chrono Cross, with filtering enabled, I get very slow speeds in-battle. However, while using an element (magic), you can hold "select" to hide the combat menus, at which point rendering speeds up significantly. Same in Final Fantasy IX.

After playing Chrono Cross, I am totally sold on this emu. The *other* psx emu doesn't get nearly as good framerates.

I concur, I have witnessed this myself. Hiding the menu in battle speeds up the emulator (not to 100% like it is without screen filtering).
This is obviously something to do with the emulator and not the iso or phones.

With screen filtering, gameplay is NOT at 100% normal speed. This is with my phone clocked at 1.3ghz, overlay drawn buttons disabled (you get used to not seeing them eventually), boost enabled(which I see no effect from), frame limit on, no frameskip(cause that just doesn't cut it anyway, plus acts badly with FF).

If this is fixed, I believe it would help not just FFIX but MANY MANY Games, and increase emulation compatibility overall.
This should be in the top 5 things that need to be fixed, it makes these games unplayable compared to psx4droidv1.7 as of the moment.

camkool
Primary Device: HTC G2
Operating System: Windows Vista
ROM: Cyanogenmod

Postby camkool » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:36 pm

figured out how to make quickload/save states work so i'm happier then i was before but still no sound :(
i really have no idea what's going on. must be something wrong with my phone

adolfotregosa
Fresh Fish

Postby adolfotregosa » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:42 pm

Samsung Galaxy TAB (1024x600 res), with latest update multitouch works perfectly, at least on gran turismo 2. only have that one to test right now.

I have sound / music everywhere.

Game Speed seams correct.

thank you !!

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:45 pm

MrKaon wrote:
No it did not work for me, i had not the same problem with psx4droid. hope for a fix

I have the same problem my device is not rooted and FPse is keep forgetting even there is the BIOS file is
also same problem with external keyboard.
Schtruck could you please set everything store in SD card

Agreed, SD card storage for all settings by default would be much more convenient. Would make it much easier to back up configs, memcards, etc.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:45 pm

dgg04 wrote:Running latest update of Fpse (0.10.1) on rooted Droid. No overclock.

Metal Gear Solid runs fine and I am able to save/load using the saving system in MGS, but when I try to load using the Fpse saves, I get a sound glitch and freeze when entering new areas.

To me this sounds like you are starting the game then immediately trying to load a save-state?
If so, try waiting until the game is at it's title screen, then load the games save-state. The sound bug isn't permenant, if you're using SPUsync you might not have sound upon loading a state, but it should return. (Does in Future Cop: LAPD).
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

L1ber.t
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire HD

Postby L1ber.t » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:45 pm

schtruck you're the best!!! :D Bug with multitouch eliminated! Excellent work! :)

dgg04
Primary Device: Droid
ROM: stock

Postby dgg04 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:58 pm

To me this sounds like you are starting the game then immediately trying to load a save-state?
If so, try waiting until the game is at it's title screen, then load the games save-state. The sound bug isn't permenant, if you're using SPUsync you might not have sound upon loading a state, but it should return. (Does in Future Cop: LAPD).

It doesn't matter when I try to load the state, I get a loud looping noise that doesn't stop in MGS.

Also I was comparing the game speed to the emulator on my computer and it appears that it is a good bit slower. Is this likely due to my device? Would over-clocking my droid help to speed up the game play?

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:00 pm

dgg04 wrote:

It doesn't matter when I try to load the state, I get a loud looping noise that doesn't stop in MGS.

Also I was comparing the game speed to the emulator on my computer and it appears that it is a good bit slower. Is this likely due to my device? Would over-clocking my droid help to speed up the game play?

Do you have SPUsync on?
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

Return to “News”