Fpse for Android News

pteek
Primary Device: HTC TOUCH 3G
Operating System: WM 6.1
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby pteek » Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:25 pm

Marvelous work!

I have seen you develop this awesome software for years. You are truly the best.

We all appreciate this a lot schtruck. Thank you!

IDSG
Primary Device: Ainol Aurora II
Operating System: Android
ROM: CM11

Postby IDSG » Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:00 pm

So schtruck, when the new version comes which OpenGL settings have to use the MALI-400 users?

GITech
Primary Device: HTC ONE Max
Operating System: STOCK
ROM: STOCK

Postby GITech » Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:39 am

I have been testing the new beta(s) like a mad man for a couple days now. I have some screenshots ready and I will make a post in a few hours or so..

BTW: WIDESCREEN is so AWESOME! Just like pcsxR. (I asked and schtruck did it)! Yippee for everyone! :)

Later,
Jay

GITech

Postby GITech » Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:28 am

Alright, here we go. Testing of Fpse Beta 16;

Device: HTC ONE Max, updated yesterday.

(Whoa, these screenshots look worse than in game, especially the first one of the video!)

1. The new Widescreen mode works flawlessly as far as I can tell. I use it on pcsxR for the PC all the time.

2. Blaster Master Blasting Again:
Video Mode: OGL = Default, boost = very fast
System: fast boot
Audio: Spusync, reverb effects, reduce latency
Video: framelimiter, print fps, force landscape, offscreen drawing, 32bit rendering, anti aliasing, texture filtering, widescreen
Gamepad: Moga Power Pro. Gamepad type = digital. All overlay gamepad buttons disabled. Buttons must be set manually, but only once under "buttons mapping". More details on that below.

a. The first one I don't have a screenshot for but it's easy to check as it's the "start screen" of the game. When the opening video ends/is skipped, the start screen background will appear for a spit second and then go black. It will be visible again for a split second when one of the start screen options is chosen. The text for the start screen options are visible. The options sub menu does not have any problems. (Though, you might want to check out the buttons mapping sub menu! I'll post a screenshot of my setup for this great game, now made better with Widescreen!)

b. This one is for the subtitles during the new game start video. The Japanese text should be covered/blacked out/not visible, and the crazy rainbow colored english text should extend all the way across the screen.

c. This one is for the water disappearing in triangles. The water comes and goes depending on the camera angle and distance.

d. This one is all about the controls using the Moga Power Pro in Mode-B (HID mode). After mapping all the controls in "buttons mapping" while the game is running L2/R2 work. You do not have to manually set all of the controls more than once (for each game). But, you "MIGHT" have to turn off the controller, wait a good 10 seconds, then turn the controller on again once in game for L2/R2 to be recognized.

HERE's THE KICKER; If you Exit your vehicle, L2/R2 are no longer recognized! If you power cycle the controller, your little man Roddie can now use L2/R2 to side jump too. But, as soon as you jump back into your tank (Sophia) L2/R2 stop responding again, causing a need for another power cycle of the controller. So, that's weird.

e. I guess I should point out the vertical/thin/white lines here:

(Also, I have "select&start" mapped to L3/R3 as Fpse uses the gamepads' "select" button to open the settings menu, and the "start" button is in a bad place, so it's easier to just click the sticks for select/start in game. I like how this works out).

3: Grandia:
Video Mode: OGL = Default, boost = very fast
System: fast boot
Audio: Spusync, reverb effects, reduce latency
Video: framelimiter, print fps, force landscape, offscreen drawing, Alpha Multipass, 32bit rendering, anti aliasing, texture filtering, widescreen
Gamepad: Moga Power Pro. Gamepad type = Analog pad. All overlay gamepad buttons disabled. Buttons must be set manually, but only once under "buttons mapping". Start/select mapped to L3/R3 also.

a. Alpha Multipass: This is a new error since the new beta. I had AM set prior and I think I got this error once/the first time starting, then it was fine after that, I think. AM is needed so the in game Sprites/2d textures do not have black lines all around them. Now with AM set the start screen looks like this:

b. ...and then, in the continue screen it looks like this for a few seconds before it loads the memory card data:

c. ...once the mempak data has loaded it looks perfectly normal:

d. If you back out of the continue screen.. the start screen is back to normal as well:

e. ...and in game now works normally as well.

f. If AM is left OFF, it ruins all the trees and to many other things:

h. Controls: Here L2/R2 will stay bound in game through area changes and combat, but once you save the game in game, you will have to power cycle the controller to get L2/R2 to respond again. In Grandia, L2/R2 will change the direction of your compass to point at different area exits and other points of interest. Note: This can't be used in town, but "select" will pull the camera way up so you can see what's around you.
Last edited by GITech on Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SquirrelChaser
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android - 4.1.2

Postby SquirrelChaser » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:10 am

I've had the android version of FPse for about a week and so far had absolutely no complaints. However, I just got a Moga Pro Power today and I can't get it to work properly. With the controller set to B mode, my character just constantly walks down. Everything else works, but the game/emulator seems to think that I'm constantly holding the analog stick down. I've tried it in A Mode and it doesn't get recognized at all. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how I can fix this?

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S2 running Android 4.1.2 and FPse 0.11.136 with a Moga Pro Power.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:30 am

remap all your buttons of your moga from gamepad menu of fpse after loading a game.

it has been reported to works perfectly

GITech

Postby GITech » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:03 am

I Just tried it (again) and it's just the same as I detailed in parts 2,d and 3,h above.

In Blaster Master you can turn on the controller just after the opening trailer video starts. Once in game L2/R2 work well. So, I mapped all buttons manually in fpse menu after the game was loaded as instructed. Back to game, everything still works fine. But still, if I exit the tank to run around on foot, L2/R2 stop responding. So, I went into Fpse menu and set L2/R2 again manually. They seemed to set normally, but back in game, L2/R2 were unresponsive still. I even "set" them again, but it didn't take. Then I power cycled the controller and only then, did L2/R2 respond again. So I jumped back into the tank, and no L2/R2 again. Power cycling the controller brought L2/R2 back again. This cycle could be repeated forever.

No change. I started fpse ~100 times yesterday just testing this, and allot of it's permutations. ;)
Last edited by GITech on Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

SquirrelChaser
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android - 4.1.2

Postby SquirrelChaser » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:05 am

schtruck wrote:remap all your buttons of your moga from gamepad menu of fpse after loading a game.

Awesome. That worked for me. Thank you!

GITech

Postby GITech » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:23 am

SquirrelChaser wrote:
schtruck wrote:remap all your buttons of your moga from gamepad menu of fpse after loading a game.

Awesome. That worked for me. Thank you!

Are you confident L2/R2 are staying bound through all events in game? How long have you tested it? Exhaustively?

flcl32
Primary Device: Google Nexus 4
Operating System: Android 4.2
ROM: (Stock) Jelly Bean

Postby flcl32 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:01 am

First off, I would like to say thanks for continuing on with this project. You've made alot of progress for the past few years. Back then I couldn't even get Tekken 3 to work on regular software mode. Then again I had a Nexus 4 which you said has "slow memory speed". I got a LG G2 now and Tekken 3, Crash Bandicoot, and Final Fantasy Tactics (with the exception of a few sound bugs) work perfect with OpenGL HD.

However, Valkyrie Profile, isn't playable on OpenGL HD once it gets to the first battle (too much freezing).

Spells have major slowdown on the other modes (freya Either Strike freezes in this position on Software smoother and HD)

It also has this graphic issue (only when the character's image is on the left side, no lines or any other issues when their image shows up on the right)
Attachments
2014-07-16-20-21-15[1].png
2014-07-16-20-21-15[1].png (130.29 KiB) Viewed 13498 times
2014-07-16-20-22-50[1].png
2014-07-16-20-22-50[1].png (908.59 KiB) Viewed 13498 times

Return to “News”