Fpse for Android News

will5
Primary Device: HTC DESIRE

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby will5 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:53 am

There is a way to map the second analog stick?

Im using sixaxis controller app. Android native games uses second stick, but on fpse I can´t map second stick at all.

Also, on emulators like n64oid, analog stick are really analogs, on fpse, they just input like digital.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:36 am

if you switch to analog pad from input menu and then game support analog pad, then it will works, in example the game APE escape.

Naaraayana
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SIII

Postby Naaraayana » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:09 am

Max Power wrote:Hi schtruck, from the update 11.40 I have to set "force landscape" at every restart because it doesn't stick anymore.

Please can you make bilinear filtering an option in OpenGL-ES 2.0 blitter? some games looks blurry with it.
thanks

Thanks for updating fpse. Some games work better for me and some worse, but final fantasy series greatly improved! As well as video and sound, however sound is still .ot 100% similar to original PSX or ePSXe emulator on pc but it's getting close.

Could you indeed fix "Force Landscape" option, for me too I have to set it everytime I start fpse now and didn't need to on 0.39.
I think more people mentioned it here. Thanks!

Phase
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII
Operating System: ICS 4.0.4

Postby Phase » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:30 pm

I have one question, does bilinear filtering mentioned before in the new software mode refers to "screenfiltering" (applied to full screen) or to textures on 3D objects? Because I didn't see any difference between screenfiltering on old and new software modes... To be honest, I don't see any difference with screenfiltering on/off on the new software mode as well (it seems like it's impossible to turn it off).
Indeed, sound on FF games is much better now and there is a little speed improvement, although not as much visible on SII (it was very fast before). But I would like to get at least smoother/filtered textures in software mode, if higher display resolution is not possible...

Kasrkin
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Xperia arc S
Operating System: Android 4.0 I.C.S
ROM: stock

Postby Kasrkin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Kasrkin wrote:Hello everyone! First of all i want to thank Fpse team - my dream of playing ff8 on mobile just came true. You are doing really good job, just keep it on. But i'm having some issues playing ff8 on .40 - seems like screen filtering is forced and i don't know the way to fix it. Good thing that i had previous version backup. It's so good when the image is precise but pixelated rather than pixelated and blurry. Does somebody know how to fix it?. And one more question - is\will be my device compatible with opengl mode? As it seems now, my device can get around 40 fps in opengl, while i get 59-60 fps in old(.39) software mode all the time. By the way, in new software mode, for example, drawing effect and, especially, battle menu caused fps drop to 49-50. I would be grateful for any help.
P.S. sorry for my bad english - I'm from Russia

Posted a big post
@
Noone replied

will5

Postby will5 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:56 pm

schtruck wrote:if you switch to analog pad from input menu and then game support analog pad, then it will works, in example the game APE escape.

So, no need to map the analog sticks? Will simply work on games that support it?

edit. oh, that worked, nice :D Both sticks works.

There is also a way to have force feedback on dualshock 3 controller?

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:25 am

@karskrin

filtering - see the post above for how to turn it off.

OpenGL- 40fps is good .... that's what I get anyway. I use frameskip and framelimiter (usually 'old framelimiter'). However, FF8 has known issues with opengl - go read the lst 4 or 5 pages of the FF8 games specific thread.

FPS drop - That doesn't happen to me. one of the FF games has that issue, but I don't remember which one (7, 8, or 9), the workaround is to push the button the hides the menu.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:16 pm

icelaglace wrote:
Edzward wrote:@ bluezeak,
Sir, I have to disagree. I'm using a x10 Mini Pro, and most games run at full speed.

Here is the device info.
http://www.gsmarena.com/sony_ericsson_x ... o-3147.php

BUT, I use the hardware keyboard not the touchscreen. Maybe the touchscreen controls are more resource consuming.

What do you call "full speed"? you get 60fps without frameskip with your device? are you sure? :shock:

ok, I get no response...

Could you please people says what is your fps (without frameskip of course) and what device do you have? would be interesting see some stadistics because looks like everybody get >60fps but me...
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

will5

Postby will5 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:04 pm

So guys. It's possible to have force feedback on ds3 controller?

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Postby icelaglace » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:17 pm

thefitz wrote:Could be. On the old version, with dual core mode on and hardware acceleration on (i.e. screenfiltering on), I would easily get 200-300fps in some games.

Do you mean old version have better performance?

Could you specify a little more please? I'm not interested in games like Worms for example, so could you test ingame and take real data?

for example:
Device model, Rom, and game (and of course tests without frameskip):

Metal Gear Solid --> XX fps (sw/hw mode)
Crash Bandicoot 3 --> XX fps (sw/hw mode)
Colin McRae Rally 2.0 --> XX fps (sw/hw mode)
Need For Speed - Hot Pursuit --> XX fps (sw/hw mode)
Need For Speed - Porsche Unleashed --> XX fps (sw/hw mode)
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

Return to “News”