Fpse for Android News

yams
Primary Device: droidx

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby yams » Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:42 am

What is boost mode even supposed to do?

Also where are the memory card files by default? It looks to me like they are in the phones internal memory and can't be accessed without root. I'd like to copy my memory cards to my computer, please implement moving the data to sd card.
Last edited by yams on Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

fpse jin
Primary Device: HTC Evo

Postby fpse jin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:20 am

Like that one gentleman said, I think his name was Something Nine (Sorry mate, lol) anyway, I can't wait for that bug fix to be squashed, I run an HTC Evo and I cannot play games in landscape because my "Input > Touchscreen" menu constantly force closes. But I feel like there's a lot of bugs going around so I'm not trying to complain. I think this emulator is great, I just bought it a few hours ago and sent my bug reports. So thanks again, I love it.

artlan
Primary Device: HTC EVO 4G
Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
ROM: Fresh Rom

Postby artlan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:43 am

fpse jin wrote:Like that one gentleman said, I think his name was Something Nine (Sorry mate, lol) anyway, I can't wait for that bug fix to be squashed, I run an HTC Evo and I cannot play games in landscape because my "Input > Touchscreen" menu constantly force closes. But I feel like there's a lot of bugs going around so I'm not trying to complain. I think this emulator is great, I just bought it a few hours ago and sent my bug reports. So thanks again, I love it.

Out of curiosity, what Rom are you using on your Evo? I haven't had a single FC yet and I've fiddled with just about every setting I can (including the touchscreen ones)

fpse jin

Postby fpse jin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:09 am

artlan wrote:
fpse jin wrote:Like that one gentleman said, I think his name was Something Nine (Sorry mate, lol) anyway, I can't wait for that bug fix to be squashed, I run an HTC Evo and I cannot play games in landscape because my "Input > Touchscreen" menu constantly force closes. But I feel like there's a lot of bugs going around so I'm not trying to complain. I think this emulator is great, I just bought it a few hours ago and sent my bug reports. So thanks again, I love it.

Out of curiosity, what Rom are you using on your Evo? I haven't had a single FC yet and I've fiddled with just about every setting I can (including the touchscreen ones)

I am using Cyanogen 6.1 sir. Dude if it's my ROM I'll cry because I like it a lot.

fyatwyrio
Primary Device: tmobile LG G2x
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: stock

Postby fyatwyrio » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:18 am

Hi, loving fpse on android. Great work.

Is there a problem with audio tracks that were compressed with pocket iso?
Most of my games are like this and the music plays fine in fpsece but not on android.

Morcus
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC EVO
ROM: CyanogenMod 6.1.2

Postby Morcus » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:32 am

fpse jin wrote:
artlan wrote:

I am using Cyanogen 6.1 sir. Dude if it's my ROM I'll cry because I like it a lot.

Well I think that confirms it for me. I have an EVO running CyanogenMod 6.1.2 and get the forcecloses on touchscreen as well. You can still use a wiimote in landscape mode at least until the bug gets fixed but unfortunately still have visible onscreen buttons.

Its kinda ironic to me though because the wiimote was my biggest motivator to get Cyanogen in the first place!

xenkw0n
Primary Device: HTC Incredible

Postby xenkw0n » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:35 am

Ever since I updated to .10 the cinematic cut-scenes freeze up on me in FFviii... is there a way to revert back to a previous version?

NVM... I must have been running out of memory... turned off the phone and restarted after a few minutes and it worked again...
Last edited by xenkw0n on Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

fpse jin

Postby fpse jin » Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:42 am

"Well I think that confirms it for me. I have an EVO running CyanogenMod 6.1.2 and get the forcecloses on touchscreen as well. You can still use a wiimote in landscape mode at least until the bug gets fixed but unfortunately still have visible onscreen buttons.
Its kinda ironic to me though because the wiimote was my biggest motivator to get Cyanogen in the first place!"

My dear sir you are spot on, spot on. I remember when I first used Sense, I liked it. But the non-use of the wiimote killed it for me, so I switched to Cyanogen, and over time I realized just how much I liked it. Now I don't see myself switching, but you're right about it being ironic. I use the wiimote with this emulator but I can't always be in spots to do so. Although I must say, if you play games like "Point Blank," the lightgun works wonders, the Evo's screen makes it very easy to use. But alas, I will wait for a fix, thanks everyone for helping me figure out this problem.

EDIT: I just thought of something, what if I put a ROM on that let me enable the touchscreen area of the fpse app, so I set it how I would like, then save it. Then I use nandroid and put Cyan back on exactly how I had it, open up the Emu, and it should have all my settings saved. Basically all I want is all the buttons on the screen since right now in landscape mode I have no Start/Select/L's/R's.

kuronosan
Primary Device: Samsung Fascinate
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: SuperClean 2.1

Postby kuronosan » Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:02 am

Okay, I figured out the landscape problem. Turns out I didn't have orientation changing on in my phone's settings.

Only problem I have now is that the sound cuts off occasionally when loading a save state.

Is there any way to smooth out the graphics? They look sort of pixellated.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:25 am

about boost mode, it work only once Bios is selected and HLE is off.

About music made by PocketISO into MP3, it's not supported on Android acutally.

But CDDA is well supported, using cue file.

Return to “News”