Fpse for Android News

Danzano
Primary Device: TF101
Operating System: Android 3.2.1/4.0.3
ROM: Cooking

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Danzano » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:07 pm

Danzano wrote:Awesome app plays well the opengl plugin is great but i just cant seem to get a good frame rate with this

Im using a asus transformer the first one not the prime anyone know how i can get this flying i know my device is able and im o/c to 1592mhz both cores and about 429mhz gpu 256mb dedicated.

Maybe wait for opengl 2.0? Or is there a secret config im missing?

Reposted to get a reply lol

BTW guy above me go look at the first page second post first download libopengl.so and the opengl plugin is the GPU Plugin!!!

Fuego
Primary Device: Xperia Play 4G (on T-Mobile)
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: Stock

Postby Fuego » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 pm

skwarosz wrote:Hi all i have one question about emulating the game. It's starting to annoying me cause i have crashes very often. My phone is Samsung Galaxy Gio with Android 2.3.4. I have much crashes when playing FF VII now i playing FF VIII and i have one big problem. I started first SeeD mission and when they land on this island i can't open menu or fighting. When i want to open menu it's just crashed and app is exit. Also i have problems with cut sceens. On the begining everything was fine cut scenes work fine but when i get error in window after loading game when is has to be cut scenes i just have gray screen but sound is ok. (ps. Sorry for my english :D)

For the gray screen instead of FMV, simply load the game from the in game save (not save state), and then load the save state. That should take care of the gray FMV screen. It was worked for me for FFVII.

Danzano
Primary Device: TF101
Operating System: Android 3.2.1/4.0.3
ROM: Cooking

Postby Danzano » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:28 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:
Danzano wrote:Awesome app plays well the opengl plugin is great but i just cant seem to get a good frame rate with this

Im using a asus transformer the first one not the prime anyone know how i can get this flying i know my device is able and im o/c to 1592mhz both cores and about 429mhz gpu 256mb dedicated.

Maybe wait for opengl 2.0? Or is there a secret config im missing?

What ROM (based on which Android version?) are you using? It can make a real difference (going from Gingerbread to Ice Cream Sandwich on my Sensation seriously increased performances with the openGL plugin)

And just for my information, can you tell me your score at Nenamark2 benchmark? On my own device, the results of Nenamark2 are about proportional to my openGL results with Fpse (when other bench like quadrant, Linpak, Antutu or CFbench seem proportional to the software rendering mode of fpse)

Hi there my base ROM is Android 3.2.1Krakd By Jcarrz1
Nenamark2 I get 25.9fps

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:45 am

Ok, so as much as I like the graphical improvements in the ogl version, it's no where near ready for use. Too slow, too many glitches, and the necessary options aren't available yet. And to top it off, the soft gpu runs much slower iwn the ogl versions. Can someone tell me, what was the last version number before the ogl release, and, ideally pm me a link to download the apk? I'd be most appreciative.

max3000

Postby max3000 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:35 am

excuse my ignorance but shouldn't GPU acceleration make the emulation faster?

Also, can anyone tell me why the hell can't I run with OpenGL on my Moto Milestone running 2.2? (PowerVR SGX530)

Gillou68310
Primary Device: Galaxy S3
ROM: I9300XXDLJ2

Postby Gillou68310 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:13 pm

It seems that using hardware and virtual buttons at the same time doesn't work properly with fpse 0.11.11 on my galaxy s2.

I'll try to explain. I assigned the volume up hardware button to R1 in order to aim in resident evil, but when I hold volume up and press X to fire (or any other virtual button) it stops aiming as if i wasn't holding volume up anymore.

kozeidon
Primary Device: HP Touchpad
ROM: Cyanogen 9 0.6

Postby kozeidon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Hello,

I’ve been trying a lot of things to play correctly my favorite game « : « Pro evolution soccer 2 ». It seems that no-one has a solution and I can’t post a question in the topic :

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2370&p=24303&hilit=pro+evolution#p24303

It tells me that the post has to be approuved but is never posted.

Soooo, to sum up the problem :

- I play the game with the 1001 bios. It works quite fine BUT it crashes randomly (sometimes I can finish a match but never in Master League.)

The remarks I found on the Internet :
- It worked on the version 0.096 of FPSE
- It seems to be the save of the game that make the game crash (How? I don’t know.)
- It seems to work when you don’t select a bios (but you can’t save  )

Two question :
- Is there a workaround for this problem? Is is planned to be solved?
- Is there anyway to play without a bios? AND to save the game? I didn’t find a way with my FPSE.

I play on a HP Touchpad on Cyanogen 9 Aplha 0.6.

By the way, congrats for the app, it is really one of the best I have found on the market… And I am strongly recommending it to my friends. With the Sixaxis, it is really perfect!

goggi
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android
ROM: Rocket

Postby goggi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:20 pm

crualfoxhound wrote:@ BottledWater

If you gonna spend good money on a new device.
Get the (samsung galaxy note)
You wont be disapointed

The 1.4ghz dualcore exynos version.

The galaxy note lte
Got a 1.5ghz dualcore snapdragon
Stay well away from this model
Even though it states a 1.5ghz dualcore cpu
Its not as fast on performance over the 1.4ghz exynos
Fpse runs fullspeed on this device.
Even in opengl mode the performance is fullspeed
Apart from a few games.

Catch ya later

Hi crualfoxhound!

I have been trying to get FF7 running with openG on my Note. But no luck so far :(
I downloaded the plugin from the following post:
viewtopic.php?p=24904#p24904

The game starts fine, but then in the "intro" scene just when the train appears it hangs.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

The game works fine without the openGl plugin!

Thanks!!

skwarosz
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy GIO
Operating System: Cyjanogen MOD 7.2

Postby skwarosz » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Fuego wrote:
skwarosz wrote:Hi all i have one question about emulating the game. It's starting to annoying me cause i have crashes very often. My phone is Samsung Galaxy Gio with Android 2.3.4. I have much crashes when playing FF VII now i playing FF VIII and i have one big problem. I started first SeeD mission and when they land on this island i can't open menu or fighting. When i want to open menu it's just crashed and app is exit. Also i have problems with cut sceens. On the begining everything was fine cut scenes work fine but when i get error in window after loading game when is has to be cut scenes i just have gray screen but sound is ok. (ps. Sorry for my english :D)

For the gray screen instead of FMV, simply load the game from the in game save (not save state), and then load the save state. That should take care of the gray FMV screen. It was worked for me for FFVII.

I'll try this but still i have a problem with crashes. I can't fight i can't open menu. It crash all the time when i try to open menu :/ I tried to open game with openGL but it didn't work i duno what to do:/

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:00 am

I have 42,2 fps in nena2 (1280x800) and 58 fps in tekken 3, but on gingerbread.
when next update ?

Return to “News”