Fpse for Android News

rumsey
Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: Android 2.3.2 (GB)
ROM: Hyperdroid GBX 6.0

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby rumsey » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:16 am

OmgN00B wrote:Yes, now this is what we have been wanting (or atleast me). Rotated phone with the same speed as portrait orientation. No more wierd way to hold my phone now. And thanks to this, I will be working on a "special" pad. I just hope this pad works. And the FPS counter is great. I am running Bloody Roar 2 with a smooth 56fps.

Yep new screen mode works fantastic

HDM
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
ROM: Froyo

Postby HDM » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:23 am

chmpgne wrote:Still having multitouch issues, :S

Yes bad news, sticky keys resistance

Schtruck test with metal slug, should be able to find a sticky key relatively quickly during a game

in Dpad for me of new
-PSX4FPse- -PadSx3- -Skins For Android-

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:34 am

schtruck wrote:Big slowdown can be caused by a problem in GPU plugin, i have to debug it to understand. you say it's in FF9? but when does it occur really? Btw now you have FPS counter it will help us to know if it's timers related or GPU related.

I've posted about this before. It's not just FF9, it's all square rpgs that use an overlay system for menus, dialog boxes, and the like. FF7, FF8, FF9, Chrono Cross, to name a few. It's very apparent. Most of these games have a button you can hold down to hide the menus (square in FF9, select in Chrono Cross), and as soon as you hold the button down, the game speeds up to fullspeed. Release, and it drops back to a crawl.

Ti3noU
Primary Device: HD2 1.3GHz /GT- i9000 1.54GHz
ROM: CM7.2 / Android 2.3.7 - CM9 / Android 4.0.3

Postby Ti3noU » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:00 am

I don't know what version you're playing, but on my PAL (French) version, it's running fullspeed everywhere (no frameskip/SPU sync ON). It's PAL, so FPS is limited to 50 though, maybe that's why. I compressed it with PocketIso (maybe another reason), like I did with all my games, and they're all running fullspeed on FPSE for Android since release.

HD2 @ 1.27GHz and i9000 @ 1.4GHz.

rumsey
Primary Device: HD2
Operating System: Android 2.3.2 (GB)
ROM: Hyperdroid GBX 6.0

Postby rumsey » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:42 am

Ti3noU wrote:I don't know what version you're playing, but on my PAL (French) version, it's running fullspeed everywhere (no frameskip/SPU sync ON). It's PAL, so FPS is limited to 50 though, maybe that's why. I compressed it with PocketIso (maybe another reason), like I did with all my games, and they're all running fullspeed on FPSE for Android since release.

I don't have the PAL version to test, but we're using the same emulator, on the same phone, with the same ROM, at the same clock speed.

I don't see how everyone else has the problem but you, its definitely curious. Maybe someone else with PAL FF9 can test.

edit: To do more tests I downloaded PocketISO 3.1 so we could have another variable thrown out, and I was going to compress it as you did. Now, I've never used this app before, but it doesn't pick up any video or XA audio streams, I tried every option checked, unchecked, and everything in between. I decided to check every option and hit process, its creating the .iso now (.bin.bz? does fpse recognize this type?) and after it finishes I will give it a shot.
Last edited by rumsey on Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:44 am

schtruck wrote:FPse 0.10.10 available to the market:

- Fixed another time sticky buttons (feedback are welcome to forum)
- Changed Small size Landscape with PADs not drawed in transparency, much faster!
- Added FPS counter

Still getting "sticky buttons" or onscreen and hardware both. Seems the exact same as .09

Ti3noU

Postby Ti3noU » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:20 am

rumsey wrote:I don't have the PAL version to test, but we're using the same emulator, on the same phone, with the same ROM, at the same clock speed.

I don't see how everyone else has the problem but you, its definitely curious. Maybe someone else with PAL FF9 can test.

edit: To do more tests I downloaded PocketISO 3.1 so we could have another variable thrown out, and I was going to compress it as you did. Now, I've never used this app before, but it doesn't pick up any video or XA audio streams, I tried every option checked, unchecked, and everything in between. I decided to check every option and hit process, its creating the .iso now (.bin.bz? does fpse recognize this type?) and after it finishes I will give it a shot.

You don't need to check anything. Just use "Analyse ISO" then "Process ISO". Mp3 rip isn't supported in FPSE for Android if I'm not wrong. Copy the .Z and the .table files in the same directory and when launching FPSE you will be able to choose the .Z to load it like any -compatible- image file.
I wasn't sure it was running really fullspeed before the "FPS meter" update, but now that I see stable and sustained 50FPS I have to admit it is^^

Also, I did a test with framelimiter disabled to see what can the phone draw "unleashed", and hiding the menus I get between 130 and 140 FPS, but when showing them it drops to 55-60. So the impact is real (and heavy), but playing the PAL version I had no problem because it's always higher than 50.

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:27 am

rumsey wrote:
Ti3noU wrote:I don't know what version you're playing, but on my PAL (French) version, it's running fullspeed everywhere (no frameskip/SPU sync ON). It's PAL, so FPS is limited to 50 though, maybe that's why. I compressed it with PocketIso (maybe another reason), like I did with all my games, and they're all running fullspeed on FPSE for Android since release.

I don't have the PAL version to test, but we're using the same emulator, on the same phone, with the same ROM, at the same clock speed.

Okay, pocketISO. If you got a bz file, I believe you must have used maximum compression, which I believe uses bzip, which it seems fpse does not to support (I tried it, no game would work). Normal compression will give you a .Z file and .Z.table file, that should work.

The XA detection is for ripping XA to MP3. Saves a HUGE amount of space, but it's not currently supported by FPSE for Android (but here's hoping), so don't even worry about XA detection. Just all the defaults, normal compression, and you should end up with a file about 20-30% smaller than the original ISO.

LouCipher

Postby LouCipher » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:06 am

Ti3noU wrote:
rumsey wrote:I don't have the PAL version to test, but we're using the same emulator, on the same phone, with the same ROM, at the same clock speed.

You don't need to check anything. Just use "Analyse ISO" then "Process ISO". Mp3 rip isn't supported in FPSE for Android if I'm not wrong. Copy the .Z and the .table files in the same directory and when launching FPSE you will be able to choose the .Z to load it like any -compatible- image file.
I wasn't sure it was running really fullspeed before the "FPS meter" update, but now that I see stable and sustained 50FPS I have to admit it is^^

Also, I did a test with framelimiter disabled to see what can the phone draw "unleashed", and hiding the menus I get between 130 and 140 FPS, but when showing them it drops to 55-60. So the impact is real (and heavy), but playing the PAL version I had no problem because it's always higher than 50.

Several questions. First, HLE or BIOS mode (guessing BIOS)? Second, screen filtering, on or off? Third, pad pad overlay, on or off? Finally, if on, what overlay are you using?

Ti3noU

Postby Ti3noU » Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:19 am

LouCipher wrote:Several questions. First, HLE or BIOS mode (guessing BIOS)? Second, screen filtering, on or off? Third, pad pad overlay, on or off? Finally, if on, what overlay are you using?

Bios mode (SCPH1001.BIN)
Screen filtering = OFF
Pad Overlay = ON (all buttons activated, using "FpsePadSx3ModLight" skin by HDM, 20% transparency)

Return to “News”