Fpse for Android News

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby illuminerdi » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:52 pm

schtruck wrote:FPse 0.11.10 available to the market:
- New Video option for OpenGL plugin to grow compatibility (FF series, MGS etc..)
- New Trick found by 'Norin'for devices with OpenGL plugin and MALI400 GPU (Galaxy SII and Note),
- OpenGL plugin Updated with sources.
- New bios option into Misc menu. (to switch to HLE mode, just press back from the bios loader)

Sounds awesome - does this new OpenGL issue fix the issue of the black borders not working in the screen's margins when Original Aspect Ratio is set?

sektor_hustle
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Cyanogen Mod 9 Nightly, Devil Kernel

Postby sektor_hustle » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:05 pm

many graphicall lags with ogl on samsung galaxy s(powervr540)

fyatwyrio
Primary Device: tmobile LG G2x
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: stock

Postby fyatwyrio » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:08 pm

illuminerdi wrote:
- New Video option for OpenGL plugin to grow compatibility (FF series, MGS etc..)
- New Trick found by 'Norin'for devices with OpenGL plugin and MALI400 GPU (Galaxy SII and Note),
- New bios option into Misc menu. (to switch to HLE mode, just press back from the bios loader)

Sounds awesome - does this new OpenGL issue fix the issue of the black borders not working in the screen's margins when Original Aspect Ratio is set?

Unfortunately not on my G2x.

mistermorcus
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC EVO 4G
Operating System: Android
ROM: CM7

Postby mistermorcus » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:09 pm

danfrw wrote:Hi Schtruck

For your next update would you please allow for button remapping while using the native driver with the iControlpad?

I simply cannot remap any buttons on my iControlpad when connected to FPse using the native driver. It means that many games simply are not playable with the iControlpad.

Also the square and circle buttons are swapped around??

I'm really enjoying your software and this update would complete the experience for me.

Thanks

Dan

I wanted to bring this issue up again since this is one of the biggest issues I am having with my iconrolpad. I would love to be able to remap the buttons but if all I got was a fix to swap the buttons around I could live with that. I can use bluezime to program hardware keys but since analog will not work unless I am connected natively which takes me back to using swapped circle and square buttons.

I know you are busy but if you get a chance to look into this issue I would be very grateful. Everything else works great, keep up the good work!

norin
Primary Device: Padfone
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: stock + root

Postby norin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:11 pm

- New bios option into Misc menu. (to switch to HLE mode, just press back from the bios .

Wow. Big thx for my nick in update explanetion. I'm realy, realy graetful.

ZhuraYuki
Primary Device: Galaxy SII i9100
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Exynos

Postby ZhuraYuki » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:52 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:openGL plugin working fine with my Adreno 220 so far

Only menus sometimes have gfx glitches (not enough to prevent from playing, for example, in tekken3, when selecting your fighter, you can't see their pictures, but can read their names), sometimes loading times (wipeout for example, gfx mess while loading)

Final Fantasy is the best working game I've tried, not a single gfx glitches in the menus (what a shock, so nice graphics with openGL!!! No more pixel cake on my QHD screen!)

I've also tried Battle Arena Toshinden, Gran Turismo, Crash bandicoot3, all of them working!

Just, without frameskip, it's slow! Is it normal or is it my Adreno 220? For example, Tekken 3 reaches 22fps only, gran turismo some 40 fps, FF8 about 40, etc. Frameskip remains very smooth, almost unoticable, but I definitly need it.

I didn't tried other games yet, so every game I've tried was working, no gfx glitches ingame. (for Schtruck: inspection pedagogique hier matin donc tres tres peu de temps!!)

For me Tekken 3 runs 46-50 fps (I use PAL game so it's full speed) without frameskip. FF8 runs 60 fps (NTSC) without frameskip. Also then I enabled 16x antialiasing in Chaifire3D and framerate lovered for 8-10 fps in all games (50 fps instead of 60), but frameskip fixed that nicely! Now I have something like this!
Attachments
SC20120113_003558.png
Tekken 3 16x MSAA
SC20120113_003558.png (260.67 KiB) Viewed 15510 times

Prfndhatrdofman
Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby Prfndhatrdofman » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm still having issues with FF7. if frameskip isn't on, the game runs perfectly smooth, but battle transitions freeze the game. If its enabled it will skip, but its too fast to play. If framelimiter is on, the frame rate is poor...very confusing.

Menus are also corrupt or all black during battle sequences.

PlUmPaSsChIcKeN
Primary Device: Droid X
ROM: Liberty 2.0.1 "Liberated HC" Theme

Postby PlUmPaSsChIcKeN » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:16 pm

schtruck wrote:FPse 0.11.1 Available to the Market now.
- Fix Framelimiter for GPU software to get better timing.
- Fix somes sound issue Like RE1, Silent Hill etc..
- Fix Einhender missing Polygons
- Fix Parasite Eve 2
- Added Autosave function.
- New Virtual Pad from Azerty16.
- New interface, lighter, easier, more understable, for now only in english.
- Support for external OpenGL ES 1.1 GPU plugin, actually a port of Peopsgpuopengl From Pete Bernett is available.

FPse 0.10.10:
- New Trick found by 'Nodin'for devices with OpenGL plugin and MALI400 GPU (Galaxy SII and Note), just go to the link below for explanations.
- New bios option into Misc menu.

TRICK for MALI400 GPU!
you have alway to start with Tekken3 in HLE mode and then reach the Characters selection menu after you can apply bios
and load any game then save or load to switch bios in MISC menu load a bios by choosing file Switch to HLE by pressing Back to the Bios loader everytime, restart to apply without quitting or you'll have to restart the procedure.

This port is experimental, know issue are compatibility problems with somes games, but many are really impressive.

Actually know problems with this plugin are:
- Crash problem with Mali400 gpu from SG2 (actually only Tekken3 is known to run well only without bios set)
- Small problem that can cause freeze on somes SGX540 gpu powered device when pressing home button.

other than that, work extremely well on SGX540, Nvidia Tegra 2 and Snapdragon 205 and surely 220..

Plugin can be downloaded here: http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/libopenglplugin.so

Source can be downloaded here: http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/peopsgpuopenglforfpsesrc.zip

To load opengl plugin, just run FPse into softmode, then go to MISC menu and into the bottom choose Load OpenGL plugin,
Quit Fpse and restart to Apply change.

Am I missing something or is softmode not an option anywhere?

How do I start FPse in softmode?

Prfndhatrdofman
Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby Prfndhatrdofman » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Running on HTC Sensation. Just cleared App data and started up FF7 in HLE Mode. Using latest plugin I get anywhere from 30 to 60 FPS. Extreme slow down at battle transitions, then it finally clears up after about 2 minutes.

Breath of Fire 3 and 4 run full speed.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:39 pm

@PlUmPaSsChIcKeN

Fpse automatically starts in software mode. If haven't loaded the OpenGl plugin, then you will be in software mode.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

Return to “News”