Fpse for Android News

thebigcheese
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung galaxy S (Vibrant)
Operating System: Android running 2.2
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby thebigcheese » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:31 pm

@ schtruck

I was Wondering if the possibility of a Virtual joystick*? It would help immensely for 3D games such as MediEvil 2 and many othera, I'm having a heck of difficulty trying to move around on my Samsung galaxy S, It makes some games pretty tedious and long. And my fingers always seem to fall off or lose connection or something when sprinting is available in games it is hard to keep running. I haven't had the time to check all the threads yet but I did not notice any talk of a virtual analog, and I saw it while checking some Youtube videos on the windows version.

Any feedback on this subject would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Last edited by thebigcheese on Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

yunsabit
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Toshiba Folio 100, Milestone

Postby yunsabit » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:44 pm

Hello guys!

I'm currently using FPSECE on my Toshiba Folio 100 tab and it runs really smooth with the games I tried. But I wanted to ask if you could put some AA filter over it or do something for upscaling. It doesn't look too well sadly, I think you (we) could do something about that tho.

Wish if you could give me some reply if something like that is on your todo list.

in best regards,

yunsabit

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:33 pm

yunsabit wrote:Hello guys!

I'm currently using FPSECE on my Toshiba Folio 100 tab and it runs really smooth with the games I tried. But I wanted to ask if you could put some AA filter over it or do something for upscaling. It doesn't look too well sadly, I think you (we) could do something about that tho.

Wish if you could give me some reply if something like that is on your todo list.

in best regards,

yunsabit

What you want is an option called "Screen Filtering" in video settings. Be aware, however, that there's a significant performance hit when you enable it, and you'll probably need frameskip for decent framerates. For example, on my G2, running the latest CM7 nightly and oc'd to 1.5GHz, I get a solid 60 fps in Final Fantasy Tactics without screen filtering, but average 30 fps with it enabled. ymmv, good luck.

gwaine
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Verizon Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Vanilla Gingerbread 2.3.2

Postby gwaine » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:39 pm

FPSE and most (all?) emulators only use one core I think. Maybe in the future that'll change but I seem to remember reading that it would be a difficult proposition because the systems that are currently emulated are single core themselves.

D69K wrote:Hey guys :)

here is my feedback for the new HTC Sensation:
Sensation seems to suffer serious problems with Fpse

1) it doesn't register presses exactly on the overlays !!
for example when i touch exactly on "x" it does nothing and i have to touch below the overlay or on top of it to register the press.
my opinion is it could be a problem with the resolution of the overlays, since Sensation is 960x540 and the skins are made for 800x480

2) just as frenshaddict said it seems that HTC Sensation is not using it's full potential !!
even though it's dual core it performs around the same as Desire HD !!
the second core is not enabled so it performs only on one core :(
the second core is only enabled with the browser and some other multimedia applications :(
there should be a way to enable it on Fpse and to make this dual core beast use it's beastly powers :lol:

for now Fpse on sensation is a no go :( cause of the overlays problems.

any other sensation users please share your opinions.

Krislawl
Primary Device: Motorola Droid

Postby Krislawl » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:28 am

what's being implemented in the newest update? im hoping for xperia play analog support

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:33 am

yes, next version will include for sure Xperia analog support. i tried different methods, and found one i like.

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:01 am

schtruck wrote:yes, next version will include for sure Xperia analog support. i tried different methods, and found one i like.

Hey Schtruck good to see you are still alive :lol:
just wanted to know if you have any idea regarding the touch problem in Sensation ??
I explained it earlier ..

could you please give us your professional opinion on this problem and what you think it might be ??
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:07 pm

@D69K, yes i read the problem,

i'll be back really in a week, not at home for now, and i have somes ideas for the Sensation speed problem as well as input problem.

Just tell me if you got the same problem with onscreen buttons if you activate Sharp overlays.

D69K
Enthusiast

Postby D69K » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 am

@ Schtruck & Frenchaddict

Thank you very much but i have bad news for Sensation users :(

here is the story:
when i was making this video trying to show the problem i stated earlier about the multitouch on Fpse and Sensation.
i thought why not try a multitouch test application ??
then i discovered the problem was in fact from Sensation it self and not Fpse:(

to give you guys a fair explanation of the problem look at the picture here

those 2 red lines are where the problem is
"1" is where the key "RIGHT" should be in Fpse
"2" is where "X" is in Fpse
"3" is just another spot to try test on

when using multitouch and ONLY multitouch the screen doesn't register any presses on those 2 lines.
and that's how i triggered the problem.

THIS PROBLEM ONLY OCCURS WHEN IN MULTITOUCH

I also made a video of the problem you can see it here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViYNmeLdCyo

how you can trigger the problem
1) download a multitouch test application from market
2) press & hold on "1" then press on either "2" or "3"
3) CRY :cry:

you should know I've tested this with 3 different Sensation devices and they all had this problem :(

NOW that you clearly see the problem, let's see what we could do.
we could move the overlays a little bit from these 2 edges you see in the picture
maybe this could be implemented into Fpse as an option in the "touchscreen" section of the options.
as the "Auto Alignment fix"
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

D69K
Enthusiast

Postby D69K » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:59 pm

@ Frenchaddict

I don't know but maybe the reason you didn't notice this problem at first, cause you were using default overlays (which are big and have wider touch area) but i was using (Near Reality overlays) which are small and close to the "EDGES of DOOM" :lol:

btw there is no problem if you are using single touch, and my touch screen also registers presses even when 95% of my finger is on the border just like yours.
but when in multitouch and my finger is not on the border but on one of the red lines it doesn't register any thing :(

anyway after a lot of analyzing i thought of a temporary solution:
if you are using custom overlays like "Near Reality" or "PSX4Fpse" make sure your overlays doesn't get on the "EDGES of DOOM", if that happens try to modify "pad.ini" that comes with the overlays like this:

[BUTTON0]
x=0
y=95

[BUTTON1]
x=100
y=95

leave the rest as it is.
if that still close to the "EDGES of DOOM" try to lower the value of "y" to '90' or '85'
and that's it.

sorry that i reported this even though it's not related to Fpse.

and btw i think transparency in fast overlays mode are broken. Im still testing and ill report back.

Return to “News”