SI3
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: Android
ROM: Hyperdroid CM7 1.0.4

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby SI3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:51 pm

fyatwyrio wrote:
Haku wrote:Thank you for constantly updating the emulator!

The updates are great, but for some reason, I'm experiencing slowdown and some sound issues with battles in Final Fantasy 7 and 8. Before the update it ran faster. Now, it lags when the camera moves in on the fighters, some spells/summons, and the items received/exp victory window. The attack sounds go out completely every once in awhile, rather than just the normal clipping I experienced before.

Again, thank you for your hard work! I like the idea of the cheat console!

Hi, I am having similar slowdowns in ff7 as well. These are not the normal 2d window slowdowns and are new with the newer speed up updates. One place I am seeing a huge hit that was fine before is in the world map. Walking around in a plain field is fine, usually around 60 fps. As soon as a shore line is in view, with the few frames of 'wave' animation, the frame rate drops to the 30s.

Yup, having similar problems as well running FFVII. It seems like it's a hit or miss when in landscape mode, so I have to start in portrait mode otherwise I will get a black screen with just the audio kicking in. Also, this problem seems to be freezing the program and force closing on me. I hope this info helps ;) and hoping for an update soon! (Just bought the program this morning and I am still in shock!)

waltercln
Primary Device: Atrix 4G
ROM: Stock

Postby waltercln » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:01 pm

HDM wrote:24 same problem is occurring on external reduced overlays on landscape (landscape only this problem)

now (overlay no respect the mask size) (and does not respect its own overlay real size, it reduces)
http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/7917 ... shot8h.png

old versions original size respect(master is mask)
http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/3032 ... hot62p.png

you can fix it please?

how did you get that different skin? and how can i apply them? i like that layout better.

LouCipher
Primary Device: TMobile G2
ROM: CM7 RC1

Postby LouCipher » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:04 pm

DrownedOne wrote:Schtruck, any way to add a framelimiter when frameskip 50 is on? Anytime there's a CG cutscene, the frame counter jumps to 200+ and back to normal levels in game. Thank you for all the updates, they've been great.

I've been using framelimiter with frameskip at 50, and I don't know why it says not to do so. Haven't had any unusual problems with it.

kSt
Primary Device: LG GT540

Postby kSt » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:35 pm

I experience FC on startup more often in the last version (0.10.24).

dannejanne
Primary Device: Xperia PLAY
ROM: Stock

Postby dannejanne » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:40 pm

LouCipher wrote:
DrownedOne wrote:Schtruck, any way to add a framelimiter when frameskip 50 is on? Anytime there's a CG cutscene, the frame counter jumps to 200+ and back to normal levels in game. Thank you for all the updates, they've been great.

I've been using framelimiter with frameskip at 50, and I don't know why it says not to do so. Haven't had any unusual problems with it.

I have also been using framelimiter with frameskip set to 50 and not run into any issues so far.

As of the last update the frameskip issue is back though. Games won't load with it on the emu closes without any message. You can enable it after you have started up a game but it won't take long before it closes again when you have frameskip on. He fixed this issue in an update when it appeared the other day so I assume it will be fixed again for the next update as the issue is back again. I can't play many games and make them run well without this feature as the sound gets very choppy. FF games works well without it though and enabling it for FF games makes them buggy anyway.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi Schtruck.

On the new update to 0.10.24.

I've came across a sticky pad problem
On ff7 flying the highwing the circle button stuck
Resulting in the ship moving forward on its own.

Help please.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

schtruck
Site Admin
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:46 pm

OK i have nearly finished the new Code, but now as everything is done from C code, the png file must be absolutely in 32bits,

The 4bits 8 bits trick to speed up thing isn't anymore necessary. All external pad must have PNG file into 32bits.

I'll update FPse in somes minutes.

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:38 pm

schtruck wrote:OK i have nearly finished the new Code, but now as everything is done from C code, the png file must be absolutely in 32bits,

The 4bits 8 bits trick to speed up thing isn't anymore necessary. All external pad must have PNG file into 32bits.

I'll update FPse in somes minutes.

so does that mean that we would lose the resent HUGE speed up ??

also i just wanted to say that i support you 100% for that anti-piracy feature you add.

remember when you first released this app, i PMed you about this since i saw a lot of $%^@ are using it without paying !!

also FYI there is a new awesome feature for ANTI PIRACY that google anounced today in-app-biling
here take a look
http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/29/android-market-gets-in-app-billing-your-virtual-pennies-are-now/
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

schtruck
Site Admin
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:49 pm

No speedup will be still there ;-) don't worry, my actual C code take the Java Bitmap but consider it's 32bits, then will convert it to 16bits.

SI3
Fresh Fish
Operating System: Android
ROM: Hyperdroid CM7 1.0.4

Postby SI3 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:56 pm

schtruck wrote:No speedup will be still there ;-) don't worry, my actual C code take the Java Bitmap but consider it's 32bits, then will convert it to 16bits.

That's great news! Thank you for all your hard work and time you put into this! I know I appreciate it greatly, and I'm pretty sure others do as well :D. Well worth the money I paid!

Return to “News”