Fpse for Android News

icelaglace
Primary Device: ACEi (GT-S5830i)
Operating System: 2.3.6
ROM: XXLH3

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby icelaglace » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:17 pm

gregory85 wrote:icelaglace
My last phone htc hd2 (1000 mhz + adreno 200) runs fpse very fast, of course in software mode.So your galaxy ace (800 mhz + adreno 200) should works fine, but forget about open gl , I'm not sure but adreno 200 is to weak for open gl on hd2 (800 x 480) but maybe on ace (480 x 320) will be fine. Try to overclock cpu to 1 or 1,2 ghz and run emu in software mode, must be constant 50/60 fps depended by pal/ntsc

This is the 5830i, 832MHz stock clocked to 900MHz actually :D

I run (always without OpenGL plugin of course) Crash Bandicoot (1, 2 and 3) with 20-35fps and even the sound is in sloooow motion (same with other games)

bettween PAL/NTSC I think I don't care, with 50fps I should be happy too :D
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

icelaglace

Postby icelaglace » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:25 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:for openGL mode, the GPU is as important or more important than the CPU ;)

Of course, if I turn on OpenGL mode I get one frame per minute :lol:
Broadcom VideoCore IV (1080p capable) on Samsung Galaxy Ace "i"(only i/c/m models), Samsung Galaxy Y, Huayu T968 and Alcatel OT979 3G WCDMA (adding support...)

kwan728
Primary Device: galaxy npte
Operating System: androod 2.3.6

Postby kwan728 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:49 pm

Still can't see the 0.11.27 update?

sebasss
Primary Device: xperia arc
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Postby sebasss » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:08 am

so you are getting 15 frames because you are using opengl mode... dont waste your time... the gpu adreno 200 could never get 60 fps in HWM(hardwaremode)... plus, a direct rendering of a 320 screen is useless, the native resolution of psx games is that, so using HWM over SWM(softwaremode) is bad cause are you stresing the ram, the cpu and the gpu to get the same quality

the games i use... CTR, but for some reason is not working anymore...crash 3, metal gear, shaman king, final fantasy vii, and digimon world II and all runs very smooth in my ace and arc in SWM

BTW some can tell me if the .27 update is in the market... for some reason the update dont show to me

icelaglace

Postby icelaglace » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:19 am

No, again no, obviously I DON'T use OpenGL mode.

To run in software mode is UNsetting "Hardware acceleration" option? because I tried to set and unset "enhanced 3d rendering", "hardware acceleration", "boost mode", "force monocore" options and I have the same performance anyways...

I think this mod should have a "demo" or "trial" version to check performance before pursache instead of say this is very "fast" :cry:

==============================

Here Ace GT-S5830i specs if it can help:

Screen: TFT, 320 x 480 pixels, 3.5 inches (~165 ppi pixel density)
CPU: 832 MHz
GPU: Adreno 200
HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps
RAM: 290MB
ROM: GB v2.3.6

fanta2go
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note

Postby fanta2go » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:03 pm

Im so happy that the mali gpu is fixed for my samsung galaxy note.

Now i hope the framerate is not to bad :).

With Opel GL looks the games a lot of better and make more fun :D!

icelaglace

Postby icelaglace » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:37 pm

I'll be flash my phone (to install a deodexed rom) and I want make a backup of my savegames, where de location of savegames files? only savegames, not the settings and stuff

sebasss
Primary Device: xperia arc
Operating System: android
ROM: stock

Postby sebasss » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:53 pm

icelaglace wrote:No, again no, obviously I DON'T use OpenGL mode.

To run in software mode is UNsetting "Hardware acceleration" option? because I tried to set and unset "enhanced 3d rendering", "hardware acceleration", "boost mode", "force monocore" options and I have the same performance anyways...

I think this mod should have a "demo" or "trial" version to check performance before pursache instead of say this is very "fast" :cry:

==============================

Here Ace GT-S5830i specs if it can help:

Screen: TFT, 320 x 480 pixels, 3.5 inches (~165 ppi pixel density)
CPU: 832 MHz
GPU: Adreno 200
HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps
RAM: 290MB
ROM: GB v2.3.6

NOPE, hardware acceleration is another thing diferent to hardware mode, the hardaware mode gets enable with the command "dowload opengl plugin"... is really really weird you have that performance... maybe so much backgroud process... welll we dont lose nothingm why dont you try the opengl plugin and see what are the reults with it

and tell me what is your performance... how many frames you get

icelaglace

Postby icelaglace » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:52 pm

sebasss wrote:NOPE, hardware acceleration is another thing diferent to hardware mode, the hardaware mode gets enable with the command "dowload opengl plugin"... is really really weird you have that performance... maybe so much backgroud process... welll we dont lose nothingm why dont you try the opengl plugin and see what are the reults with it

and tell me what is your performance... how many frames you get

Oh I see, thanks for explanation.

I have not other process in background, I try to reboot and clear memory in task manger (this close all subprocess) and then I run FPse.

Every other programs run OK, HD videos, HR pics, etc.. I use Adrenaline Engine (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... ?t=1579710) and the content from sdcard is charge very fast, I mean heavy files, or huge pdf's with a lot of pics and stuff I can move it really fast, is only FPse (but I only try with FPse, no other games)

I will not put OpenGL mode again because the last time I tried it I had to uninstalling and reinstalling FPse to return to software mode because it was really unplayable... I can't tell you how much fps but really unplayable...

With software mode (non-opengl) on Crash Bandicoot I get 20-35 fps aprox, in menu if I'm not moving I get 40fps. Actually only have crash bandicoot 3, metal gear solid and driver 2 with same performance too, maybe with other games like metal slug or worms for example I can have more fps but I not check these games yet :/

icelaglace

Postby icelaglace » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:59 pm

i900frenchaddict wrote:does it make a difference if you DON'T display any onscreen controls (I know, impossible to play then, just to see)

With "unset buttons" option? ok, just tried and no difference in crash bandicoot 3 (I remember the buttons possition don't worry :mrgreen:)

Edit:
Tried on MGS too and same fps rate with/without pad

Return to “News”