Fpse for Android News

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi everyone,

I tried to add the patch=2 for the red/blue fix in Rayman 1 in the gamelist.ini.

Its working BUT unfortunately it shows only the left and right side of the screen in right colors, all other areas are still inverted, SCHTRUCK can you help me?

THANKS

Also you can see it on this screencast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPzOHShsorE
Attachments
Aufzeichnen.JPG
Aufzeichnen.JPG (102.45 KiB) Viewed 14236 times

vnes1984
Primary Device: HTC Touch Pro 2
Operating System: HTC Touch Pro 2

Postby vnes1984 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:58 pm

After more testing I figured out the sticky keys on my device. I no longer get sticky keys when using the onscreen d-pad. I do get them when I assign my hardware buttons as directional keys. Hopefully that can help schtruck narrow down the issue. thanks

***Edit- the onscreen d-pad is still sticky but not as much as the hardware buttons
Last edited by vnes1984 on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kierek
Primary Device: HTC Sensation @1566 MHz
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3

Postby Kierek » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:02 pm

vnes1984 wrote:After more testing I figured out the sticky keys on my device. I no longer get sticky keys when using the onscreen d-pad. I do get them when I assign my hardware buttons as directional keys. Hopefully that can help schtruck narrow down the issue. thanks

I have no directional keys assigned and it's still happening to me :(

*****EDIT*****

Hm.. i turned off "relative moves"(what it should do? :D) and it seems working fine, now. Needs some more testing.

*****EDIT2*****

No, it's still the same, but now, Triangle has been "sticked".

****EDIT3****

Now R1 button got sticky, argh....
Last edited by Kierek on Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

thewolf16
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4, Nvidia Shield T
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby thewolf16 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:03 pm

@HDM, in reference of your signature:

I roll on the floor laughing

BTT: Now with the new Update everything runs fine. Wing Commander is still untried. Thanks schtruck.

crow1994
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: LG GT 540

Postby crow1994 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:05 pm

Sorry for my very bad english, but i'll want to say, that many buttons like button <menu> or button <end of talk> don't use in emulator . Can this buttons activated in new version of emulator? i think, that it's very necessary to play in many games, If we will want to exit we can made it over the emule menu, do you concordant with me? My english very bad, sorry.

HDM
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S
ROM: Froyo

Postby HDM » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:45 pm

thewolf16 wrote:@HDM, in reference of your signature:

I roll on the floor laughing

XD Thanks for this awesome pic, is very very analogic on the digital device, mysteries of life...

Guys

I encountered an issue which stcky keys, maybe it has nothing to do with the problem that occurs randomly, but sometimes you never know what can not imagine and less apparent may be the solution...

if I keep a button pressed, and change back to portrait mode and after landscape mode, it gets sticky,
autorotate, could be the problem? maybe sometimes there is any detection on the move that produces sticky, I'm off autorotate and playing in portrait mode, for the moment I have no problems going to keep trying, can someone also testing?

you never know, remember that if you use my skin psx4fpse v1.1 and v1.2, not is designed for portrait, use v1 in that case
-PSX4FPse- -PadSx3- -Skins For Android-

shaolin95
Primary Device: HTC TILT 2
Operating System: 6.5
ROM: Energy

Postby shaolin95 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:53 pm

schtruck wrote:sticky key is not related to Multitouch now, as someone wrote just previosuly, it only occur on Dpad, i'll take a look to see what can happen, but the best would to describe how i can reproduce it. Because until now, i have no sticky key.

About OpenGL, i've started the port of the FPseCE OpenGL plugin, i think on Android it can be interresting, because on Wince we were limited in memory, and texture caches was too short, i just hope OpenGL in Android will let me allocate much memory..

In references, on My HD2, FpseCE ran Crash Bandicoot 1 between 25 and 30 fps in game with only 32 texture cached...

To get full speed 256 textures caches would make things running much faster..

So i guess a phone like the Galaxy S will perform even better with OpenGL then? That would be amazing as it already smokes specially at 1.4Ghz.
Any word on the FPS counter please now that you are around?

thewolf16
Primary Device: Galaxy Note 4, Nvidia Shield T
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby thewolf16 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:34 pm

Now i have the same problem like before:

One game works flawlessly (Harvest Moon) but the other games that worked flawlessly before (Alundra & Spyro 2) no longer work. It kicks me to the home screen.

D69K
Enthusiast
Primary Device: HTC Sensation
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Alfaifi Sensation XE 6.0.1

Postby D69K » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:03 am

vnes1984 wrote:After more testing I figured out the sticky keys on my device. I no longer get sticky keys when using the onscreen d-pad. I do get them when I assign my hardware buttons as directional keys. Hopefully that can help schtruck narrow down the issue. thanks

***Edit- the onscreen d-pad is still sticky but not as much as the hardware buttons

I'm sorry but i should tell you all that the sticky keys doesn't only occur in D-pad it is the same for all keys !!

I sometimes get L1 stick and some times square button !!

@vnes are you absolutely 100% sure that the problem also happens with HARDWARE keys ??
because that changes everything !!

it means that it's not even related to multitouch at all !! it is a completely different problem !!
it has something to do with how Fpse handles input in the first place !!
i hope this is a good news :P :P
"Only strength can cooperate. Weakness can only beg" Dwight D. Eisenhowe
1890-1969, Thirty-fourth President of the USA <--- he also had a D like Monkey D. Luffy those guys are everywhere :lol:

Music4Lynx
Primary Device: Huawei u8110

Postby Music4Lynx » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:23 am

Add an option to rotate the screen 180 degrees, please.
(Screen upside-down: Useful if d-pad is on the rigth side, but you want it on the left side) pleasee.

Thanks!

Return to “News”