Fpse for Android News

ZhuraYuki
Primary Device: Galaxy SII i9100
Operating System: Android 2.3.5
ROM: Exynos

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby ZhuraYuki » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:03 pm

schtruck wrote:Fpse 0.11.16 released to the market:
- Fixed Black border lines caused by texture Filtering always set, now by default it's unset, if you set it and want to unset , FPse need to restart to apply change.

So now when I want to enable texture filtering again I will get this black borders?

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:40 am

The new version is the worse yet. Now the onscreen pads do not work like analog at all. The only way I can run is by pressing the L2 button on the display. Also load still broken for Chrono Cross. Looks like I need to go back to .13 version again. I have attached my game save and save state to this post. The save state so you can see where I am at in the game approximately so you know where the save game is from.. and the card with the game save.. the first save is one I did recently with the new version by using bios mode to resave where I saved the game at and than again tried the opengl and again it kicks me right out to the select image screen.

Hopefully with the save states and game saves you can figure out what is wrong. Also check out the elements > allocate screen It's all messed up and unusable.

BTW this is on the EVO 3D it works great on the Transformer Prime now.. everything looks good except pausing which should show you the world your in instead it just shows black screen.. but everything else is good speed and good sound.
Attachments
slot1.zip
(14.49 KiB) Downloaded 548 times
2012-04-09 23.38.57.zip
(12.49 MiB) Downloaded 534 times

dttung80
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 2
Operating System: Android 4 ICS
ROM: AOKP ICS - KANG MOD

Postby dttung80 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:22 am

schtruck wrote:Fpse 0.11.16 released to the market:
- Fixed a problem with X key and somes Xperia play
- Fixed Black border lines caused by texture Filtering always set, now by default it's unset, if you set it and want to unset , FPse need to restart to apply change.
- Added HLE mode and Bios mode shortcut from ISO loader by pressing VOLUME down (if Bios has been already loaded one time)
this will make the MALI400 gpu trick easier, just load tekken3 , at loader press Volume down until HLE mode is set, load Tekken3 iso, reach Character select menu, then Eject , press Volume down button to activate Bios mode, and choose your game.

Don't forget to switch to Software gpu plugin and then reload it from MISC menu to update Opengl plugin

Yeah ! Great.

But not fully support for QWERTY keyboard Motorola Droid 2 - and feeling slower. :(

Thanks.

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:58 am

So "removes black borders" causes unfiltered 2d, but it works ...
Can anyone check vagrant story on galaxy note ? game works perfectly until I meet enemies, even 2 bats causes framerate drops (16 fps), two knights (10 fps) . I use stock 2.3.6 and 32 bit, antialiasing enabled. When I kill enemies fps raises to 100+ ... I'm confused ...

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:53 am

schtruck,

The problem maybe in the texture size. I reinstalled chainfire btw DO NOT USE the EGL driver it kills FPSE completely. The only option I used was reduce texture size to 16-bit the performance increased in the game and I can load game saves without being kicked out of the game. So it appears maybe an issue with texture sizes in the emulator.

Tenken
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note

Postby Tenken » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:14 am

illuminerdi wrote:
Prfndhatrdofman wrote:Does anyone know a fix for the battle transitions in FF7?? Whenever I enter a battle with OpenGL plug in, sound stutters and it takes a long time for the battle to start. The battle transition never displays either.

Those are "frame buffer effects" which the FPSE OpenGL plugin doesn't support yet, which is why it slows down a ton and sound stutters. No frame buffer effects work yet in any games.

Same here, FF7 battle transitions are almost impossible to work. Only the first couple of battles work miraculously, but once I got to the underground subway it always kicks me out of the game, after 30 seconds of game freeze.

Keep up the good work though!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:12 am

yes, i saw that on MALI400 FF7 crash between battle. i'm trying to understand the reason.

But all i found until now, regarding the compatibility problem and the MALI400 tekken3 tricks, is that memory allocation for textures seems to be the cause....

will try to force 16bits textures instead of 32bits actually.

About texture size, PSX can have 8 textures of 256x256 pixels, and within there is textures and palettes which can make thousands combination, as OpenGL 1.3 doesn't handle Palettes for textures peops generate small subtextures, so need much more memory....

Reducing Texture to 128x128 could help to reduce this memory allocation too.
But as everybody know, this problem only occur on MALI400, all other GPU works very well.

Kamikaze-X
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII

Postby Kamikaze-X » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:27 pm

can you please assist with the below please schtruck?

Hi,

came back to FPSE today, after updating, to find that on my HTC Flyer and my SGS2 that J cannot assign hardware keys for my Phonejoy pad. Not happy.

It connects fine through Bluez-IME, and I can use the pad to navigate the Android OS, but whenever I try and reassign the hardware keys, nothing happens when I press a key on the gamepad.

What am I doing wrong here?

history1
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 2.3.6

Postby history1 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:14 pm

history1 wrote:Hello all! I'm unable to remap buttons in Fpse. I'm using an iControlPad on a Samsung Galaxy S2. I can connect it natively and by using Bluez IME to Fpse, but the emulator won't let me remap the buttons. In addition to that, i'm having a problem with the default button settings for both native and Bluez IME modes. In native mode, the D-pad buttons are usually unresponsive. In Bluez mode, some of the buttons do not work. To fix these problems I would like to remap them. I'm looking forward to playing PS1 games on my phone. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you. The latest update gave me a workaround on mapping the buttons.

dttung80
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 2
Operating System: Android 4 ICS
ROM: AOKP ICS - KANG MOD

Postby dttung80 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Dears,

1. Have text filter effect ?

2. Still cannot use the character key in QWERTY key Motorola Droid 2.

3. I'm run FPse on ICS Android 4.0.3, playing with sounds. Multitasking.
- When the other app run -> Fpse pause and run background, cannot resume, must reload iso files.
- When Fpse running, Press HOME... hang the device. Must restart phone.

Any way to run in Multitasking ?

REgards,

Return to “News”