schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:31 am

deejayzee wrote:
schtruck wrote:@deejayzee , you are talking about slowdown, glitch, weird sound, but all of that is gone for me and many others, can you list here your configuration, the games you are playing, etc...
Are you well setting SPUSYNC to on? and have enhance sound is well off coz this last can cause somes glitch in sound.
fpse 0.11.39 is well the version you have?

result on all my devices even my old HTC HD2 are very good. perhaps the API i use is unliked by your system??? what is your rom?

I ain't talking about slowdown, all my games work pretty fast, some games run always at 60 fps, some run about 60 fps, but in order to get constant 60 fps in all games I need to use frameskipping. But enabling it together with framelimiter, makes most games unplayable, because FPse in this condition skips MOST of frames, and the image becomes very very choppy, though it runs 60 fps all the time. Here's the video about it http://youtu.be/G7reT2V_F2c. Maybe the new fpse don't like my system, but today i tried 0.10.63 and everything worked just fine, enabling both framelimiter and frameskip made Tekken 3 and all my games work smooth and always at 60 fps.
As for sound problems, I played Densha De Go! (v.0.11.39), I played the whole 1st disc of Metal Gear Solid (v.0.11.28, 0.11.34) and haven't had any problems, but Persona had sound weirdnesses in all versions of FPse no matter what settings I use, I just thinking about how to make a good video for comparison. In the last few versions spusync makes sound broken in all games, regardless system or video settings I use, but it's not needed by any of my games, so its ok for now.

My device is Amason Kindle Fire, cpu is Texas Instruments OMAP 4430, dualcore, overclocked @1200 MHz, with PowerVR SGX540 GPU, I'm running CyanogenMod10 ROM, though CyanogenMod9 ROM has the same frameskipping problems.

just saw your video, is it the same if you set force monocore?

deejayzee
Primary Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7''
Operating System: JB 4.1.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby deejayzee » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:39 am

schtruck wrote:just saw your video, is it the same if you set force monocore?

yes, on any version of android, also switching skipfix doesn't help
My device has the same hardware on as Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, maybe someone with this tablet can make a test and post a reply

Phase
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII
Operating System: ICS 4.0.4

Postby Phase » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:51 pm

Am I the only one who thinks that the sound emulation on the latest versions of FPSE is inferior to previous ones?
I am currently playing FF IX (NTSC/U) on stock SGSII (4.0.4) using software rendering (2D elements look worse with OpenGL mode on) and SpuSync. I've played about 50% of a game without any problems, sound and music was great, I have noticed just small imperfections (sound slowdowns etc.) during prerendered cutscenes and the begging of a battles - nothing disturbing. But now after last updates music is constantly speeding up and slowing down in the field and during battles, sound effects are also strange (i.e. when moving around menu the sound effect is cut and sounds different all the time - sometime I hear only begging, another time only the ending of a sample, especially when closing menu). I've tried playing with various settings (frameskip, enhance sound emulation etc.) - without success.
Anyone having the same sound issues with last few updated versions? Any ideas how to fix it?

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:32 pm

New problem with hardkey on Jxd s601.
If I press square in Tomb Raider 2 it won't stop jumping.
Only noticed it with that game. Don't get the problem with overlay pad.
Buttons mapped same as ps joypad

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:32 pm

excellent news, we finally finished the new OpenGL ES 2 blittering code and that's a good suprise, it's extremely fast and that with bilinear filtering....impressive.

if you want to test it on your device before an official release, because muti core is removed, so no more problem and speed is still here !

just contact me, and precise which device and which android version, then your google account email sticked to your device.

rFlex
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: android

Postby rFlex » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:36 pm

Hello,

I'm experiencing the same problem on FF IX since the new update. Everything was fine before and now the sound is glitchy :(

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:38 pm

sound has no glitches on my nexus 7, are you sure you have set spusync to on? can you make a video with the sound?

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:09 am

further to my square button problem- On Lucky Luke pressing square jumps once then fails to be responsive. If I restart the game square registers as already being pressed and again becomes unresponsive

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:20 am

schtruck wrote:sound has no glitches on my nexus 7, are you sure you have set spusync to on? can you make a video with the sound?

Schtruck, I've posted a couple times about FF7. I just did a few tests with FF9. I have a motorolo bionic, which is a ti omap 4430 withpowervr sgx 540 @ 300 mhz, 1Ghz proc.

FF9 does have some sound oddities. I don't know if they were there before or not - I think not. I know that before tehre were issues with the cursor movement and moogle sounds - but I think those are worse now (not a lot, but some). There are also issues with sound playbackk though- I really only tested the opening FMV before the 'start game / continue' screen, and sound in town. I don't know if speed up / slow down is the right way to describe it - it's more like it plays one part a little too long, then the next kinda skips / too fast. My fps in opening video are 60 w/ framelimiter. I tested with opengl and softgpu both.

I would like to see a video of the speedup / slowdown that other people have described though so I can see, and then test, for myself.

About options not sticking - many times you have to start a game, immediately change the option, then immediately quit for it to stick. Some people have said that when options just don't stick wven when doing that, reinstalling will make it work.

Schtruck - Very excited about opengl2... :D
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:24 am

deejayzee - does it happen with both opengl and softgpu? if I can get tekken3 (that's tekken 3 correct?) I'll test it. does it do that with all games? My hardware is almost the same asyours, but with different rom (stock rom from motorola). I think the nexus has the EXACT same hardware (the one schtruck mentioned).

edit -I was thinking of the 'nexus' not 'nexus 7'.
http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Samsun ... xus_id5595
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

Return to “News”