Fpse for Android News

adeptslayer
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Incredible
Operating System: Android
ROM: Digimon World 2

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby adeptslayer » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:21 am

Furthermore, I downloaded another free psx emulator, and it can run the rom perfectly fine. I'd rather not have to shell out another 6 bucks for another emulator, and I know I've seen message boards saying they got DW2 playing perfectly on fpse. Any help would be appreciated.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:30 pm

D69K wrote:
crualfoxhound wrote:57 in eboot.pbp

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

so Schtruck decided to implement eboot support ??
i thought he said he wouldn't, cause of the copyrights of sony ??

which program did you use to make your eboots ?? ICETEA ??

This is Great news :)

I use psx2psp
Galaxy note 9 exynos

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Fpse need OGLes plugin/driver

Postby gregory85 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:12 pm

Hi Schtruck .
You should focus on the OGL plugin for FPSE. Now smartphones have larger screen 4"+ and sometimes 5"+ (galaxy note, i want to buy it ;) ) and also resolution of screen was increased, 800 x 480/ 960 x 540 is standard now. Some smartphones and tablets have 1280 x 800/720. And when we play on FPSE on screen 4,5" and we see 320 x 240 software drawing (blur don't help much) .... it's really sad, beacuse OGL driver should solve problem of jagged edges. Even 640 x 480 will be fine, with 4 times higher pixel density than 320 x 240. Now we have devices that are so powerful (over 1 GHz cpu clock, dual core) so we don't need to raise fps more and more. People who have weak android device will change it in future. Every of devices (HD2/desire/milestone or better) have full support for OGLes: Adreno, SGX, Mali and Nvidia Tegra ... we just need a driver/plugin.
So please try to do something with that, if this is to difficult tell how we can help you. Just start to work on it, show results, release beta for tests, because we don't know how powerfull smartphone we need to play smoothly with GL,
You made great job with fpse, we have great emulator and most games works fine, but also we have amoled/nova display and graphic quality is very important too.
I wait for your reply, and maybe other forum members will write what they think.
I use FPSE very long time, i have HD2 and i was started my adventure on Windows mobile with FPSECE, now I have android on my HD2 so please don't disappoint me Schtruck ...

Don't ignore me please and answer.
I'm sorry for my english ... but not every one was born i UK or USA ;)
Last edited by gregory85 on Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

gamerrr
Primary Device: desire hd
Operating System: android
ROM: no

Postby gamerrr » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:25 am

completely agree. Please do OpenGL. I understand that everyone already tired, but please. I'm a fan of psone, and really want the phone to play with The graphics look really bad on my desire hd. We are many who believe that we need OpenGL. good graphics.

mirek190
Primary Device: I9000 and I9100
ROM: 2.3.4

Postby mirek190 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:29 pm

So I want too.
I really appreciate Schtruck's work but I still want OGL in my SGS II.
Because I play on TV and 32x240 looks really bad :(.

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:49 pm

Are there any performance gains to using PocketISO or Eboot format compared to standard iso/bin/img? The FPSE website indicates that PocketISO is better, but I've never seen it work better than standard ISO did.

hiei
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock

Postby hiei » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:28 pm

illuminerdi wrote:Are there any performance gains to using PocketISO or Eboot format compared to standard iso/bin/img? The FPSE website indicates that PocketISO is better, but I've never seen it work better than standard ISO did.

I personally havnt noticed any difference but that's just my opinion. Some people have done tests and eboot is smaller and faster according to their tests, but that's also per device. My xperia plays .bin better than iso just slightly but again that's my opinion.

-hiei

FireStorm
Primary Device: SimpleMobile|HD2
Operating System: Nandroid_v2.3.7
ROM: DorimanX

Postby FireStorm » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:08 am

Search doesnt like me!

I am an old supporter from the WinMo era, I wanted to become a supporter again for the Android since I now use my HD2 and Transformer (both with android), but its not on market, and there are no clear indicators on where I can get it!

I did the request tool and all I got was the WinMo version :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT

Found it... didnt find it with simple "ps1 emu" and other terms, I had to google his name for the developer... now i got it :D

But it seems no Support for my Transformer? Q_Q thats all I wanted it for... plug into my TV and get to play all my old PS games Q_Q

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:23 am

Somes good news,

New DMA code is done on X86 core and result is marvelous, many new games to add into compatibility list, and very interresting speedup.

In the List of news games, Wild Arms, Harry potter,Area51,Theme hospital and much more.

Today is the port to ARM, and firsts tests, stay tunned.

We have fixed the problem with tablets too. i've buyed an ACER ICONIA A500 to understand the problem, and finally it's Fixed.

I saw that ANdroid 3.2 has bring a ZOOM mode which make FPse running at huge speed. I'm now working on an optimisation for Dual core Processors...

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:10 am

Wow! Nice to hear about these news :) Thanks for that.

I have the Droid 3 (which is OMAP 4430 Dualcore), will this be supported too? I am running Android 2.3.4.

Thanks schtruck!

Return to “News”