Fpse for Android News

dapsaille
Primary Device: HTC DESIRE
Operating System: Android
ROM: MIUI Always Latest

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby dapsaille » Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:47 am

jcg_vazquez wrote:the only way to get it to work is to set menu type in grid.. it seems that, since fpse buttons are images, it wont work in list menu...

link :roll:[/quote]

Seems really interesting but ... how can i do that ? i really don't understand "set menu type in grid" ... :)

dapsaille
Primary Device: HTC DESIRE
Operating System: Android
ROM: MIUI Always Latest

Postby dapsaille » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:07 am

dapsaille wrote:
jcg_vazquez wrote:the only way to get it to work is to set menu type in grid.. it seems that, since fpse buttons are images, it wont work in list menu...

link :roll:

Yessssss, perfect ^^ in miui home press menu then parameters => personnal => Menu and check Original Grid, restart and voila ^^

Thanks for this tips, now i'm a totally happy user of fpse :mrgreen:

MrKaon
Primary Device: HTC One

Postby MrKaon » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:51 am

If anyone want to connect MSI BGP100 Game pad could use this app:
https://market.android.com/details?id=c ... ar.GamePro
I've been using it since day one and it is working great

Majestic123
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HTC Desire
ROM: eMiui

Postby Majestic123 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:18 am

I've played with the emulator for a few hours now and I'm between liking it and being frustrated by it.

The good:

- most games I tried run without too many errors (except for sound being messy a lot of the time & creating a working image can be tricky)
- games run a lot faster than with PSX4Droid
- a lot of options to set

The bad:

- still a lot of work to be done yet
- no documentation about the menus and emulation options + no help to tell you how to get a game working (having to restart a game after loading the rom is vital yet isn't mentioned anywhere and isn't all that logical)
- the emulator is EXTREMELY picky about the image files - a bad image file nearly always crashes the emulator or makes it be unresponsive (quitting & restarting no longer work)
- the settings don't properly save and it's very confusing as well. Some save, some reset every time you open the app (like the controls, the screen size), some are never saved no matter whether you save settings as default or not (like the overlay - I can turn it off 100 times and it will always turn it back on). It makes for a very messy and confusing experience - please streamline this and make it more logical and user-friendly: let you save ALL settings, let the emulator remember all settings when you leave, let you save game-specific settings, etc.
- still pretty unstable when you change settings

For me, the wonky settings & instability are my main annoyance though because it makes testing different settings to see which work a nightmare. Still, this should be fixable and then this emulator will really be worth using.

max3000

Postby max3000 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:48 am

Majestic123 wrote:I've played with the emulator for a few hours now and I'm between liking it and being frustrated by it.

The good:

- most games I tried run without too many errors (except for sound being messy a lot of the time & creating a working image can be tricky)
- games run a lot faster than with PSX4Droid
- a lot of options to set

The bad:

- still a lot of work to be done yet
- no documentation about the menus and emulation options + no help to tell you how to get a game working (having to restart a game after loading the rom is vital yet isn't mentioned anywhere and isn't all that logical)
- the emulator is EXTREMELY picky about the image files - a bad image file nearly always crashes the emulator or makes it be unresponsive (quitting & restarting no longer work)
- the settings don't properly save and it's very confusing as well. Some save, some reset every time you open the app (like the controls, the screen size), some are never saved no matter whether you save settings as default or not (like the overlay - I can turn it off 100 times and it will always turn it back on). It makes for a very messy and confusing experience - please streamline this and make it more logical and user-friendly: let you save ALL settings, let the emulator remember all settings when you leave, let you save game-specific settings, etc.
- still pretty unstable when you change settings

For me, the wonky settings & instability are my main annoyance though because it makes testing different settings to see which work a nightmare. Still, this should be fixable and then this emulator will really be worth using.

Once you get everything figured out it stops frustrating you. There's a high bar for entry if you want to make games run smooth but it's worth it.
I'm playing a lot of games at full speed and I find it really enjoyable. Although I wish the GUI was similar to Gameboid/SNESoid.
From what I've heard, the next version is going to be awesome.

G@sh!sh
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: LG P500

Postby G@sh!sh » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:52 am

in version 0.10.8 don't work game "Driver", but game has worked in old version.

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:15 pm

If people still waiting for 0.10.9
It's because schtruck is having problems with his internet at home.
Problems with his internet provider.
So just be patient
Soon at its fixed the update on the market place be available.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

Rotkaeqpchen
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Motorola Droid 3
ROM: Stock 2.3.4

Postby Rotkaeqpchen » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:33 pm

thanks for that info. I am indeed waiting for it ^^ hopefully the colors are no more inverted ;)
Last edited by Rotkaeqpchen on Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phaedrus Nine
Global Moderator
Primary Device: HTC HD 2 (Leo)
Operating System: 6.5.X (5.2.23549)
ROM: Miri HD2 6.5.X V10

Postby Phaedrus Nine » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Hello Everyone.

I was thinking about doing some how-to videos for Fpse Android. If there is a need for it.

If people have any requests in what I should include in the videos, please PM me. I will try to cover everything that people want to know.
"Learn everything about something, and something about everything"
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhaedrusNine

crualfoxhound
Addict
Primary Device: Galaxy note 9 exynos
Operating System: Android 9
ROM: Galaxy note 9 exynos

Postby crualfoxhound » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:57 pm

does any1 know were the memory cards are located for fpse.

be awsome if someone could explain it to me.
thanks.
Galaxy note 9 exynos

Return to “News”