phrozen087
Primary Device: Droid 2
Operating System: Android 2.2
ROM: Liberty v1.5

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby phrozen087 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:44 pm

thazar wrote:
momo wrote:
I having the same problem but uninstall and reinstall the app seems solve the problem :)

But by doing that, I will lose savestates and memcards.

Do you have root? If you do just go to "/data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files" and copy the memcards and sstates folders onto your SD card. Then go reinstall the app and run it. Setup all of your settings as you like them and save them. Now copy the files in the folders memcards and sstates back into "/data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files" and put them in the folders they came from. Now you have a fresh install with no problems and all your saved data is back.

I do this every few releases or so if I have any problems. Never had any issues reloading anything when doing this. If you aren't rooted this could be a reason to maybe check it out. Plus you could also use things like Titanium Backup to help automate some of these steps (requires root also).

thazar
Primary Device: Nexus One

Postby thazar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:03 pm

phrozen087 wrote:
Do you have root? If you do just go to "/data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files" and copy the memcards and sstates folders onto your SD card. Then go reinstall the app and run it. Setup all of your settings as you like them and save them. Now copy the files in the folders memcards and sstates back into "/data/data/com.emulator.fpse/files" and put them in the folders they came from. Now you have a fresh install with no problems and all your saved data is back.

I do this every few releases or so if I have any problems. Never had any issues reloading anything when doing this. If you aren't rooted this could be a reason to maybe check it out. Plus you could also use things like Titanium Backup to help automate some of these steps (requires root also).

I tried all of this. Memcards are ok, but impossible to load savestats. There are in the list, but clicking on a savestate do nothing.

thazar
Primary Device: Nexus One

Postby thazar » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Whatever, as a developper myself, I think this is better to securise configuration file reading, by using default value when value cannot be read or converted. It will avoid crash like this.

GITech
Primary Device: HTC ONE Max
Operating System: STOCK
ROM: STOCK

Postby GITech » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:58 pm

mmm I just read that post above and figured I would be proactive and uninstall and reinstall.

I had no qualms about doing it cuz there was no warning upon uninstall that all your mem cards and save states would be erased, just a message that said it was already purchased and I could reinstall it at anytime. So I just lost all my mem card and save states too!!!

30+ hours in Grandia gone! :(

By the way, I got the pad overlay thing to work, thank you to the guy that help me.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:08 pm

The functions backup and restore from system menu are here for that.

I realy have to remake the help file...

illuminerdi
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android 2.3.7
ROM: CM7 / FreeXperia

Postby illuminerdi » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:13 pm

I get a crash every time I try to turn on Boost Mode on my Xperia Play.

Also, I'm still getting some pretty poor performance, in face my overall performance is drastically lower than it used to be in previous versions - now I get a lot of stutter and frameskip, where previously I had little (outside of some sound problems). Overall I'm somewhat disappointed - I know this isn't an easy program to make, but I have yet to play FPSE for a long time on any game because I can't find a single one whose performance is good enough :(

Krislawl
Primary Device: Motorola Droid

Postby Krislawl » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:07 pm

this is a really good update again. i can use either frameskip option so a game will be smooth no matter what. Most games i run are flawless. In chocobo's racing the sound is like 60% and many sounds aren't even played. Tenchu 2 still has the stealth kill freezeup.

please add xperia play analog support for the next version

trothmaster
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: xperia play
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock 2.3.2

Postby trothmaster » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:23 pm

Uninstalled, re-installed
Force Close after hitting restart after selecting bios.

2.3.2 xperia play

was working great until update.
any ideas?

suavethekid
Primary Device: Galaxy note 2, Motorola Xoom
ROM: Blazer rom, Tiamat

Postby suavethekid » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:52 pm

trothmaster wrote:Uninstalled, re-installed
Force Close after hitting restart after selecting bios.

2.3.2 xperia play

was working great until update.
any ideas?

This usually happens the first time you set the settings. You may have to just let it force close once. Usually after that first time it will set in, sometimes it takes like 2 tried and you have to manually task kill the app but it always sticks after that id recommend try again

Sean Z P Harris
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S II
Operating System: Android
ROM: 2.3.3

Postby Sean Z P Harris » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Hi guys!

First off, great emulator. I've been playing FF7 - my favorite all time game of all time - for the last few weeks, and it's wonderful! Yeah, the sound effects are a tad off here and there, and the beginnings of battles slow down, but I think that has improved with recent updates (or it might just be me).

However, I've just struck a hitch with the latest update.

I'm running FPse on a Samsung Galaxy S II with Gingerbread 2.3.3. Now when I try to access the "Video" menu in options, the program freezes. I press the back button on the SGSII and FPse tells me it needs to force close. I click okay and it takes me back to the ISO selection page.

I can still play games (Crash Bandicoot, FF7, Res Evil 2, Tomb Raider 1), but can't change any of the video settings.

Just thought I'd best let you guys know.

Cheers!

Sean

Return to “News”