Fpse for Android News

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby schtruck » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:44 pm

i finally understood why some people encounter crash with new version.

It 's because a mistake on my side with new PAD which has only 5 bitmap, while older had 6 bitmap, and people need to know that external pad must have .raw files instead of .bmp files, and actually Fpse find the .png for the image5 of old skin but not Raw which is mask.... that cause a crash...at init or when touching screen;

i'm curently commiting my change with a tester and then will update to 0.11.7.

Prfndhatrdofman
Primary Device: HTC One (M7
Operating System: Android 4.2.2
ROM: AOKP

Postby Prfndhatrdofman » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:53 pm

Nice find Shtruck. Just curious but how does one become a tester for you? I've done software testing professionally for a while and can author a mean bug report. Would be glad to help if help is ever needed.

doldrums
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: asus transformer
Operating System: android
ROM: revolver

Postby doldrums » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:54 pm

@ Ti3noU I figured out if you use bypass ime in sixaxis settings, you can map the keys in fpse.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:11 pm

ok updated to 0.11.7 with Fixed of OverlayS pad bugs that caused crashes.

i have updated openGL plugin with minor tunning , previous version was badly configured and there had somes freeze because The software Texture Garbage collector of this plugin had a too big value.

About External skins.

you need this tool:

http://perso.numericable.fr/schtruck/BMP2RAW.zip

just drag and drop bmp files onto this program, it will convert them to .bmp.raw, just rename them to .raw

Fpse need png file with raw file and pad.ini

You can choose buttons position by this way by modifying pad.ini

zoopster
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: HP Touchpad
Operating System: Android
ROM: Cyanogenmod

Postby zoopster » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:40 pm

Hi,

Great release but I'm struggling to use my Wiimote / classic controller. I've got the Wiimote connected via BlueIME and have checked it is working with a few other emulators such as N64oid and PCE.emu. I had the same setup working fine with the older release.

In FPSE I've left the bluetooth gamepads settings alone and simply tried to map the Wiimote controls using the HW key map options. FPSE doesn't appear to be registering the key press. Anybody else been successful with their Wiimote?

Thanks,
John

ramenchef
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus

Postby ramenchef » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:22 am

zoopster wrote:Hi,

Great release but I'm struggling to use my Wiimote / classic controller. I've got the Wiimote connected via BlueIME and have checked it is working with a few other emulators such as N64oid and PCE.emu. I had the same setup working fine with the older release.

In FPSE I've left the bluetooth gamepads settings alone and simply tried to map the Wiimote controls using the HW key map options. FPSE doesn't appear to be registering the key press. Anybody else been successful with their Wiimote?

Thanks,
John

I'm also having this issue, but with The Sony Sixaxis controller using the SixAxis Controller app. All my other emulators work and the keys are definitely registering in the rest of Android. I've even tried the bypass IME option suggested above, but it doesn't work. I am using a GSM Galaxy Nexus on Android Revolution HD 2.1.2 (4.0.2 ICS) at the moment.

molitar
Enthusiast
Primary Device: Sprint SG3 (Adreno 225)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: FreeGS3 v0.1.0

Postby molitar » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:46 am

Well working great with Phonejoy using Blue Imez with Chrono Cross.. But one thing the analog controller works but more like digital their is no analog capability unlike ePSXe that supports analog fully. Is Analog support not fully implemented? Be nicer than always having to press the L1 button to run all the time but still quite playable.

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:29 am

OK now i will search what's happen with SixAxis mapping.

YOu said it worked well in 0.11 but not in 0.11.1 and up?

ramenchef
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus

Postby ramenchef » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:36 am

Honestly I couldn't say. I only recently just bought a SixAxis controller and this was the first time I've tested it with FPSe. Everywhere I read on how to set it up for FPSe, they say to just bind it using hardware key mappings, but FPSe just flat out refuses to accept any button presses.

doldrums
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: asus transformer
Operating System: android
ROM: revolver

Postby doldrums » Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:39 am

yes, sixaxis controller worked beautifully in previous versions. only way i can get it to work now is to use bypass ime settings in sixaxis pairing tool, making it think i am mapping an external keyboard or something.

Return to “News”