Fpse for Android News

Gilliam86
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Epic
Operating System: 2.2.1
ROM: Syndicate ROM, Frozen

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Gilliam86 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:12 am

Hello guys, new to the forums here, running android market version on 2.2.1 Samsung Epic with Syndicate ROM "Frozen".

Just did a 95% flawless playing of Lunar: Silver Star Story, only issue was some choppy sound at some parts, but not enough to effect gameplay (That kind of stuff usually really grates at me, but its so minimal in Lunar that I didn't even care)

Just wanted to thank you for the work you've put into this app.

Playing Lunar 2 now, hopefully just as good a run as Lunar 1, keeping the games to a 3D minimum for awhile until gameplay is a little smoother :)

AdamJT186
Primary Device: Samsung galaxy s i9000
ROM: stock

Postby AdamJT186 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:49 am

Thanks for the replys do you literally just rip the buttons off n stick ps3 buttons on tge keypad though? :S and i know you said be creative but how would i connect the device to my phone? I dont reckon id be comfortable playing like is shown in the video as im always on the move, thats why i like the icontrolpad
also, ive seen, for iphone, buttons that u can actually stick on to the screen, anyone used this? I assume itll work for android aswell

leon1z
Primary Device: I5800
Operating System: 2.2
ROM: Kyrillos 8.0 W OC 1200Ghz

Postby leon1z » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:42 am

House3272 wrote:
leon1z wrote:
House3272 wrote:I NEED HELP

Okay, I might sound like a total noob for this but at this point I cant care.

Where is the folder located, that stores all the save states? Or what is it called?

Its been driving me crazy. I use android 2.2 with astro and have found it before.....now I cant for the life of me find it!

Thanks in advanced.

you have to root your phone to locate it

Okay well I think It was when my phone (vibrant) still had 2.1 eclair.....idk i really dont remember.
But I did see that folder and I wasn't rooted. It had a bunch of images and other files.

So would having 2.1 or an earlier version of FPSE affect this? I mean I will root, but Im just confused as to how I've seen it before?

was your phone have some app like superuser or other app that granted you permission for rooting ?

kon
Primary Device: Motorola Milestone 2
Operating System: Xperia X1

Postby kon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:18 pm

About savestates: you can choose savestate paths in System settings. The default one is in sstates/ what needs you to be rooted to access it.

ghettoboy808
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Droid X
ROM: Rooted with Liberty Rom v1.5

Postby ghettoboy808 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Hey who ever made FPse, I made an account over here just to let you know that FPse is freaken awsome and it blows my pants away! My Droid X rooted 1.2GHZ runs FF7 and any other games to it's full capacity!

anyways I found an audio error while I was playing FF7 the other day. When I started the game the audio was fine, but when I loaded my saved data: menu->load->Slot 1 -04/11/2011 6:58:38 the sound disappeared (only when I load saved data). I rebooted my phone couple of time but still no sound when I load saved data. I decided to save my stats IN the game (in FF7 saving by going to that "?" mark thingy), restarted, and loaded FROM the game: Main Menu->Continue->Slot 1->Select a file:Cloud Level 16 blah blah blah. Then the sound came back and I just saved over my menu->load->Slot 1 -04/11/2011 6:58:38. Since then the sounds been good but this happened to me twice so I was wondering if it's FPse or if my data is corrupted?

Also what is boost mode?

Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku
Primary Device: t8585

Postby Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Phaedrus Nine wrote:
AdamJT186 wrote:metal gear works ok for me a little slow but apart from that its fine
has anyone got populous or theme hospital to work? they both just freeze and fc for me :( theyre both made by bullfrog btw...
:( thanks

I know Theme Hospital has always had issues. Even from WinCE, it used to stop at the loading screen. The way we got passed it before was loading a save-state from a PC emulator on FpseCE, if I remember correctly.

The Theme Hospital savestate was from fpsece and it also works with fpse for android. You can grab the file from here.
Edit:
You will have to disable 'Spu sync' for having sound.
Last edited by Tatsumaki Senpūkyaku on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tatsumaki's corner
Minds are like parachutes, they both work best when open.

Vanlen
Primary Device: Samsung galaxy S
ROM: Darky rom 9.2

Postby Vanlen » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Hello here :) It's been a while, but I don't have any problem with any game like now ^^

It's not really a problem. I play chrono cross in french, but I have some lag in the game when they have some discution or in the combat. I have the spu sinc activate.

Have you any idea why ?

gatwon
Primary Device: Milestone2/Xperia Play@1024GHz
Operating System: Android 2.2/2.3.3

Postby gatwon » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:23 pm

Hi schtruck! problems with this game (motor toon) in graphics, the track gets lags when you're playing! sorry my english is bad, thanks

dannejanne
Primary Device: Xperia PLAY
ROM: Stock

Postby dannejanne » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 am

ghettoboy808 wrote:Hey who ever made FPse, I made an account over here just to let you know that FPse is freaken awsome and it blows my pants away! My Droid X rooted 1.2GHZ runs FF7 and any other games to it's full capacity!

anyways I found an audio error while I was playing FF7 the other day. When I started the game the audio was fine, but when I loaded my saved data: menu->load->Slot 1 -04/11/2011 6:58:38 the sound disappeared (only when I load saved data). I rebooted my phone couple of time but still no sound when I load saved data. I decided to save my stats IN the game (in FF7 saving by going to that "?" mark thingy), restarted, and loaded FROM the game: Main Menu->Continue->Slot 1->Select a file:Cloud Level 16 blah blah blah. Then the sound came back and I just saved over my menu->load->Slot 1 -04/11/2011 6:58:38. Since then the sounds been good but this happened to me twice so I was wondering if it's FPse or if my data is corrupted?

Also what is boost mode?

Savestates can cause errors sometimes it's not a bulletproof way of saving games. Personally I never ever use them and always save with the in-game save method and I have never encountered any errors that way in any emulator over the years. But I frequently see people who get errors with savestates with various emulators.

If you want to be 100% sure your games don't mess up, use the in-game saves instead.

Boost mode is just what is sounds like. It boosts the games. Does not work on all games though. But I know for a fact that Klonoa runs much faster with it so it works on some games.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:11 pm

New version online in somes hours,

- Compatibility with Android 2.1 back (won't disturb anymore newer versions)
- Fixed many problems
- Optimized Allocation Memory , more stable
- changed Cheat Menu to new one with 5 Cheats code saved into games profiles, one button let Push those cheat codes when you want.
Each cheat code must be written like that, 80123456,ABCD
Support Address beginning by 8 and by 3.
- Added Backup/restore function into system menu, let you save all Config files, memcards, savestates to SDcard, and restore them later.
this will let you changing somes thing like memcards, specific paramters for somes games and more.
- Native support for Digital pad of Xperia Play, and Support of PS analog pad to Digital PAD of Xperia play if onscreen Digital PADs are activated (in that case onscreen button if set will emulate Digital Pads, and Xperia Play pad will emulate Analog Pad)

Return to “News”