Fpse for Android News

Gandi
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Galaxy Nexus
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby Gandi » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:33 pm

thefitz wrote:Everything looks great on my Galaxy Nexus - Hardware Acceleration is fantastic and everything runs smoothly
Do you get any intermittent slowdowns (fps dropping from 50/60 to 25-30ish for ~2 seconds) after playing for a while? Been plagued by them for a while now and couldn't find a way to get rid of them so far.
As for OpenGL mode, I couldn't get any good results so far either.

On another note it seems there's something wrong with the threshold/deadzone when using a PS3 controller. Now I'm not sure if the problem is originating from Sixaxis or FPSe, or even a combination of both.
I only found the problem to be visible in Metal Gear Solid thus far:
When I lean against a wall and try to move left/right along the wall, Snake will stop pushing against the wall and just run instead most of the time. You are able to make him move while remaining pushed against the wall if you move the analog stick left/right ever so slightly.
... I hope you can understand what I mean from that fuzzy explanation :D
Maybe someone who owns USB/BT Joystick Center could try if it works properly for them!

Thank you so much for the native controller support, I really hope other emu devs will follow your lead!

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:47 pm

for Breath of Fire 3 as well as Persona 2, can you try in OpenGL mode using the Busy Fix from Video menu.

gamerguy80
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android KitKat 4.4.4
ROM: Stock

Postby gamerguy80 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:57 pm

schtruck wrote:for Breath of Fire 3 as well as Persona 2, can you try in OpenGL mode using the Busy Fix from Video menu.

breath of fire 3 runs good in opengl mode. the problem is that for those of us who want to play the game in software mode we are getting the problem where if someone is missing health whether it be you or an enemy and when a healing spell has been cast either the first second or third time the screen goes black....now this will only happen in software mode. if you play the game in OpenGL mode this healing spell problem doesn't happen. it only happens in software mode. if i have busyfix on sometimes the game stutters on some spells and i dont really see the need to use busy fix for this game with opengl.

edit: i will say now with the new version of fpse and that the black lines around the characters are no longer there and with the special frame limiter. I can now play breath of fire 3 at 60fps in opengl mode with no problem and the text and characters now look great. I have just opted to now just play the game in opengl mode.

LukeFonFabre
Primary Device: LG Optimus 2X
Operating System: 2.2

Postby LukeFonFabre » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:46 am

um..i wanna ask...sorry if somebody already ask it...
for example i use 0.11.10 version and i wanna change to the newest version of fpse..
can i still load my save games in fpse 0.11.10?
or i must play new games whenever fpse have new version? :cry:
thank you...

LukeFonFabre
Primary Device: LG Optimus 2X
Operating System: 2.2

Postby LukeFonFabre » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:47 am

schtruck wrote:for Breath of Fire 3 as well as Persona 2, can you try in OpenGL mode using the Busy Fix from Video menu.

schtruck thanks for quick reply...i want to test it but...im afraid i cannot continue from my savestates when im installing newest version..

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:27 am

Schtruck it's possible to fix vagrant story ? Game looks perfect (open GL, 32 bit, antialiasing and few others), works very smooth until enemies attack me. I love this game, but slowdown to 10-15 fps during battle causing game unplayable. I use Galaxy Note with stock 2.3.6 rom. Maybe you'll find what causing framerate drops.
I'm waiting few months, because I want to start game without problems and i still can't play. Possibility to play Vagtant Story give me few months of pleasure, before I complete game few times, learn all skills/spells and forge best "D" stuff ....

Maybe someone else have similar problem, or know how to solve it ?
Mali400 causes problem ? Can anyone may check Vagrant Story on other devices ? (other mali400 too)

Schtruck if you can do something with that ... I will be greatful

youtube --> http://youtu.be/-Nt5awj_jjs

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:11 am

gregory85, are you sure you tried Special Frame limiter mode?

zschigi2
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S2
Operating System: Android 2.3.3
ROM: stock

Postby zschigi2 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:34 am

Hi schtruck,

can you please try to get f1 championship seasson 2000 on android version to running. it would be great playing this game on phone.

Thanks so far.

gregory85
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Note
ROM: KingDroid ICS NoteMania v7.0

Postby gregory85 » Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:46 pm

gregory85, are you sure you tried Special Frame limiter mode?

I check frame limiter on/off , special frame limiter, frameskip, old frameskip, frameskip lvl.
I was trying enable and disable video options 32 bit, mask bit etc. some options remove glitches

But no matter what I do:
with enemies = slowdown
without enemies= 100+ fps

game ISO is fine, checked on pc and in software mode (fpse)

norin
Primary Device: Padfone
ROM: stock + root

Postby norin » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:31 pm

I described this problem on page 347:

"Vagrant Story and Soul Reaver still unplayable with opengl. Don't now is mali400 bug or something else but in this games frame drop is a curse (exemple: in VS when you walk in the blue circle or when you must fight; in SR in ghost world, when you defeat scavenger etc.). Frame drop are show when textures are transparent and in "special effects" (magic etc). In first version of opengl evrythings was ok."

Return to “News”