Fpse for Android News

iesvs
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Asus Nexus 7 (2013)
Operating System: Android 5.0.2
ROM: Team UB

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby iesvs » Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:02 am

Nah, didn't work after clearing Play store data and reinstalling FPse, same license error issue even though I'm connected to Wifi and opening the app from within the Play store.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:08 pm

have you tried to reset settings from misc menu then restart fpse?

iceeyes
Fresh Fish

Postby iceeyes » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:05 pm

Hi Guys,

I haven't been active in a long time and the last time I really used fpse was in the good old windows mobile times. I did buy the app for android though, but actually never really used it.
So now after several years I really wanted to play some GOOD japano RPGs again and installed fpse for Android on my device.
Many things changed and I tried several of the new settings.
The OpenGl thingy catched my eyes since everyone reports it making the games look sharper/better. But toogling it on, fpse crashes after a few seconds of showing a black screen when starting a game. Every other video mode works though.
I did use the search engine and looked for "OpenGl crash" but did not find anything related to my device or any solution on how to fix if somebody experienced it.
I am currently using the Soft HD video mode which is also great and makes the games looks much smoother.
The only copies of games I have and could test this on are "Breath of fire IV" and "Wild Arms 2".
I did also reset my settings through settings/misc/system and checked Qualcomm fix but had no luck.
The device I am using is a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 910F, it is the Snapdragon variant with the Adreno GPU.
There is this guy on youtube who is playing with OpenGl enabled but he is using the Exynos version :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7kYxIj-td4
Can someone help me out here?

In the end I want to say that I am really impressed how much the emulator has improved in available settings and overall looks this past few years and want to thank Schtruck and also everyone else for never stopping to improve this excellent emulator.

Best regards and thanks for reading all this :D

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:04 pm

We are working actually on OpenGL plugin coz with S805 processor and Android 5.x, it seems qualcomm has bugged the driver, and this driver is crashing now.
we have contacted Qualcomm support about this problem. we have tested all other processors, even S800 on android 5.0 is still working well. we just hope qualcomm will answer quickly.
For now use Software High resolution, it works very well on Note 4 910f running on Lollipop, it's very fast, enought fast to apply somes filter to have clear rendering.

iceeyes
Fresh Fish

Postby iceeyes » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:41 pm

schtruck wrote:We are working actually on OpenGL plugin coz with S805 processor and Android 5.x, it seems qualcomm has bugged the driver, and this driver is crashing now.
we have contacted Qualcomm support about this problem. we have tested all other processors, even S800 on android 5.0 is still working well. we just hope qualcomm will answer quickly.
For now use Software High resolution, it works very well on Note 4 910f running on Lollipop, it's very fast, enought fast to apply somes filter to have clear rendering.

Okay, I see. Well, as you said it looks good enough with Software HD so I will just check on the forum every now and then and look if an update fixes it.

Thanks

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:22 pm

Just a quick news... if all goes well what people are waiting for longtime on a PS emulator for android will arrive within less than a week!!! stay tunned guys!

Elwood
Primary Device: SAMSUNG S3
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean
ROM: Stock

Postby Elwood » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:10 am

schtruck wrote:Just a quick news... if all goes well what people are waiting for longtime on a PS emulator for android will arrive within less than a week!!! stay tunned guys!

This better be vertex precision or perspective correction... It can't be the GUI redesign, cause, well, there already are psx emus with proper menus out there, and you said it's something new :P
Anyway, good luck!

schtruck
Site Admin

Postby schtruck » Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:19 pm

hmm, it's much more interresting than this...

GITech
Primary Device: HTC ONE Max
Operating System: STOCK
ROM: STOCK

Postby GITech » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:11 am

I'm curious. 8-)

rufufu
Primary Device: Nexus 5

Postby rufufu » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:27 pm

Maybe a whole new openGL plugin, based on a more recent openGL version?

Return to “News”