Fpse for Android News

thefitz
Primary Device: OnePlus One A0001
Operating System: Android 5.0.2/CM12
ROM: This is for Android OS ROMs, not game ROMs.

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby thefitz » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:19 pm

I know it's crazy but that's what the smooth software is. I believe it's called "OpenGL blitting" or something like that - the app renders in software and OpenGL filters each frame. Now... imagine HD Software with that filter....

Anyway, yes, the cover bit is annoying. I'm just really happy with that software mode, because frankly it looks like PSX should.

Damoizgod
Primary Device: Sony Xperia tablet Z
Operating System: Android
ROM: Final Fantasy 7

Postby Damoizgod » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:30 pm

Ever since that update it keeps telling me license check failed. I'm guessing that's due to the server issues. But I was playing Final Fantasy fine before this update now every time I get in to a battle the game runs in slow motion and takes forever to do anything. yet whilst running around anywhere else in the game it works as normal. Everything was running smoothly before this update. How can I fix this? I've tried resetting the settings to no avail. I'm running this on a Sony Xperia Tablet Z. Any suggestions? It's the only reason I bought this emulator and is the only game I play.

Edit: Scratch that... Can't even load the emulator now...

thefitz
Primary Device: OnePlus One A0001
Operating System: Android 5.0.2/CM12
ROM: This is for Android OS ROMs, not game ROMs.

Postby thefitz » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:59 pm

Interesting - I tried renaming one of the games that had no title, and it worked. However, it crashed on me, and every time I open the app it crashes. Very strange.

Damoizgod
Primary Device: Sony Xperia tablet Z
Operating System: Android
ROM: Final Fantasy 7

Postby Damoizgod » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:18 am

Is there a way I could transfer my save data from my android tablet to my pc? and play on both mediums when I choose?
Cheers,
Damo.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:49 am

Can you clear datas for fpse application from android system menu and application section then fpse  and retry now ? It seems server is ok now. Thanks for feedback.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:17 am

OK problem seems fixed, my Webserver provider has changed rules to Access webserver from an Application , i modified FPse to bypass this problem.

It should download correctly everything now, i posted an update, and revert back on it audio part regarding bad feedback on new one.

READ! If after plugin download FPse crash, clear datas of FPse application or uninstall and reinstall FPse, the Download problem as broken somes config files...

FPse 0.11.122:
- Fixed possible freeze at scanning storage
- Fixed External Card detection
- Added Multi core option for gpu software in OPenGL mode, FPse is twice faster!
- Added Shaders effects and Scalers to OpenGL Software mode
- Experimental Software GPU HD!! longpress onto Icon then Video
- Added change color for onscreen fo states buttons
- Updated OpenGL plugin, gfx are much better

IMPORTANT!!! please change your review regarding this fixed version!!! don't forget! one days of problem = -0.04 points on Google Play Stars, and this is motivation for devs. Thanks!

Elwood
Primary Device: SAMSUNG S3
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean
ROM: Stock

Postby Elwood » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:14 pm

Deleted data.

Uninstalled old ver.

Installed new ver.

It failed to download plugins.

I was not suprised.

Cempan
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Iphone

Postby Cempan » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:22 pm

Elwood wrote:Deleted data.

Uninstalled old ver.

Installed new ver.

It failed to download plugins.

I was not suprised.

This. ^^^
When it's fixed I'll happily change my review in the google play store to five stars but You do actually have to fix it first and not just say you did.
Except for this update mishap the app is tremendous.

Elwood
Primary Device: SAMSUNG S3
Operating System: Android Jelly Bean
ROM: Stock

Postby Elwood » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:07 pm

I have never even rated the app on the store.

I would not even know how. The emulation is very good, the UI is very bad. So the score would have to be 3, but that does not really say anything.

A suggestion to schtruck: I think you are earning money on this app. Perhaps you are a good programmer, but have no idea how to make a good user interface. Please hire someone to redesign the UI for you.

However, since I have a feeling that a 12 year old would make a better interface, I think that you just do not believe that reworking that might increase sales and don't care about it at all.
Please reconsider that, since I've seen reviews of your emu, and many were stating that the UI sucks, so surely that does not help sales either.

rubejb
Primary Device: Motorola Triumph

Postby rubejb » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:28 pm

I'm having the same Plugin downloading issue that everyone else is.

I was wondering, it seems to only update the plugins whenever the app is updated, so why not just include them with the download from the Play Store? Or is it a licensing issue and they can't be distributed in such a way?

Anyway. For those having he plugin download issue, when it happened to me on the previous version I simply kept trying and it magically just happened. So far I've been trying with the latest version and it hasn't worked. But it might eventually. It's certainly no solution, but a workaround for now (if it still works).

edit:

Or is there a way to manually download the files to bypass the plugin download screen?

I love the app, but it really cripples it when something like this happens.

Return to “News”