Fpse for Android News

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:00 pm

Lazy update Is primarily for dw7, and filtering I's optional. I haven't seen a difference with filtering in OpenGL - have you? Turn those off and it may be FASTER - :-O
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:48 pm

Just got a different opengl plugin off schtruck to try on the JXD S601 and there is definitely a speed increase.
I'm getting full speed in games that were crawling before and that is without boost mode.
In a couple of games I didn't loose any speed when I activated 32 bit rendering and anti-aliasing.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Folejo
Do you see a difference in games with those options on? I haven't seen a difference.

Here's some input about the new version, specifically ff7

the7s wrote:Yeah exactly.. Yup i had newest 0.11.42 today. OoenGL batlle still crash same like before but theres major increasement on softGPU with new option increasing gfx is just awesome im more than happy play without openGL. Well ill wait someday if openGL totally playable not causing the crash on battle for mali400 user.

And

the7s wrote:If one day we can play openGL as smooth as soft gpu i believe fpse user will by 10x or even more and it goes worldwide even better than experia play it self since only one time payment. I satisfied for what we have now the emulator keep updates and improving thanks for dev team.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

New player
Primary Device: Galaxy Note

Postby New player » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:00 pm

schtruck wrote:just updated FPse to 0.11.45 with Fix for Force Landscape and Onscreen buttons vibrations.

thanks for fix :mrgreen:

Kethus
Primary Device: Sony Xperia Z5 Compact
Operating System: Android

Postby Kethus » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:05 pm

Even after all the updates the problem with Action Man: Mission Xtreme persists. I am sure the controls worked normally during the time when the UI still looked like this - Link.
Description of the problem was given earlier on this thread and on this topic.

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:25 pm

Bluezeak - I didn't do enough testing to confirm if there was a difference with the options on. I was more interested in speed at this stage and speed was affected by these options in the past.

Thing is I'm in the middle of playing overblood and it doesn't work with opengl so I have it switched off. I just test it when there is a new release so I can let schtruck know if there is a problem.

In overblood it gets stuck on the loading screen. The FPS goes down to 1fps. Not sure if it will load if I leave it long enough. Can't be bothered changing the battery.

Kierek
Primary Device: HTC Sensation @1566 MHz
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: ViperS 1.6.3

Postby Kierek » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:07 am

Hi!

I haven't used FPse for an exact year, and i came back about a week ago. It's AMAZING to see how this application evolved. More polished UI, even faster game emulation. Great work.

From 0.11.41 (to 0.11.45) there was/is a bug, which cannot let me set(or unset) buttons on overlay pad while no game is running(when there is, I don't have a problem to do it) I just get a crash.

Here's the log, which I get exactly when crash is happening.
http://pastebin.com/JqUmNvSa

shade
Primary Device: HTC Desire Z
Operating System: Android 2.3.3

Postby shade » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:07 am

for me,the newest update reduced fps with all games by 10, (for example: early i had in tekken 3 with 43 fps(playable), now i have 33(slow), in FFIX i had 53-58(playable), now i have 43-48(slowdowns))

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:01 am

Shade, it's the new opengl-es blitting, but about tekken3, it's because i removed the auto trick which divided the Y resolution by 2. use the high res boost from video then restart fpse to apply change to recover previous speed.

About FF9, you compare with which version? before new OpenGL-ES 2.0 blitting code? if so, then on new device we don't have very visible slowdown, but on old device it's possible the slowdown is visible, then switch to old software drawing mode MISC menu.

shade
Primary Device: HTC Desire Z
Operating System: Android 2.3.3

Postby shade » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:58 am

yeah it's worked :) (i thought checking boost high res games doesn't need restarting fpse) :)

Return to “News”