Fpse for Android News

paku360
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: gt-9100

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby paku360 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:18 pm

I've made a video of FFIX in opengl on my galaxy s2 (mali-400)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emBKM8eVRos

Made on aosp 4.0.3 rom
Tried many ics roms including stocks and make no difference on which rom fpse run (always same glitches)
Audio settings:
Spusync
Video settings (tried many combinations and options, but this is the best):
offscreendrawing (for battle menu)
special frame limiter (normal framelimiter causes slowdowns)

Frameskip or old frameskip doesn't help both only lags and since newest updates there are little sound glitches (I think this has to do with spusync changes).
I am getting stuttering sound when entering/exiting an area and massive slowdowns during battle start (when camera move) and on some spells
By the way software mode runs simply great! But graphic is very pixelated :(

Hope this helps and thank you for your hard work on the best psx emulator on android scene!! (Sorry for my bad english.. :D )

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:43 pm

Paku360, that was a great video, thank you. How did you make it?

Are you talking about the same problems phase and others are talking about, specific audio issues? Or are you just talking about ff9 running in OpenGL?

Here's my input:
- the audio on your video is as bios, it better, than mine. I haven't played up to that part on my phone yet, but it sounded like the audio was off. I can't tell. The audio in ether opening sounded maybe better than mine. Very close. I couldn't tell from the opening scene audio (before loading game) if it was having audio speedup/slowdown issue.
- The hand movement audio is wrong, but it has always been wrong.
- your fps are the same as mine. With frameskip the game runs ok for me, but I need frameskip. battle scenes, battle 'swirl', move between screens, all the same for me.

Did you look in the game specific forums? I write up s long PDT that describes all the settings.

Any further ff9 specific talk that doesn't relate specifically to issues with version 11.39 should be in the ff9 game specific forum.
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=433
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

rFlex
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Nexus 7
Operating System: android

Postby rFlex » Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:16 pm

Aren't there any simple way to switch back to an old version until it's fixed? On my GS2 I have the 0.11.34 version and it's just work perfect on FFIX (with software rendering because it seems than my Nexus 7 with a Tegra 3 is not even able to handle OpenGL smoothly on FFIX :o).

However, thanks schtruck and the whole FPSece team for your amazing work. Keep acting for making this emulator as the best never seen on mobile device.

pigini
Primary Device: SE Xperia Play R800i
Operating System: GB 2.3.4
ROM: 4.0.2.A.0.69

Postby pigini » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:18 am

schtruck wrote:...
Analog Pad emulation of the Xperia play for android 2.3.3 will arrive too ...

Hurray!!! - Perfection for the play! Thank you Schtruck! :D

Phase
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy SII
Operating System: ICS 4.0.4

Postby Phase » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:59 am

I can confirm that version 0.11.34 works perfectly with FF IX :) Music sounds great, and even menu sounds are correct, without any glicks - just like on console. As I mentioned before, there is just a little bit of sound skipping during prerendered cutscenes, but it's not a big deal for me.
The game in software rendering mode works great, far better than on the video posted by paku360, almost without any framerate drops, with frameskip feature set to off all the time.

bagofcrap24
Primary Device: Google Nexus 5
Operating System: Android
ROM: SlimLP (Lollipop 5.0)

Postby bagofcrap24 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:49 am

Phase wrote:I can confirm that version 0.11.34 works perfectly with FF IX :) Music sounds great, and even menu sounds are correct, without any glicks - just like on console. As I mentioned before, there is just a little bit of sound skipping during prerendered cutscenes, but it's not a big deal for me.
The game in software rendering mode works great, far better than on the video posted by paku360, almost without any framerate drops, with frameskip feature set to off all the time.

The video posted by paku360 is using opengl graphics which is why his runs slower

Edzward
Primary Device: xperia x10 Mini pro
Operating System: Android
ROM: MiniCM9

Postby Edzward » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:54 am

Anyone having audio issues should reload the bios file. Check if you have the recomended version SCPH1001.BIN.

Phase
Operating System: ICS 4.0.4

Postby Phase » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:28 am

The video posted by paku360 is using opengl graphics which is why his runs slower

I know, so I emphasised that I run it in software rendering mode. For me FF IX in openGL is unplayable at the current development state. The visual improvement is visible only during battles and on the world map, I think it's not worth it because most of the game is 2D (backgrounds, menus etc). In software mode the game runs almost perfectly.

Tumalu

Postby Tumalu » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:22 am

Phase wrote:I can confirm that version 0.11.34 works perfectly with FF IX :) Music sounds great, and even menu sounds are correct, without any glicks - just like on console. As I mentioned before, there is just a little bit of sound skipping during prerendered cutscenes, but it's not a big deal for me.

Phase, my friend, I can confirm all you say here! This version works by far the best for FF IX for me as well! But for now I switched back to epsxe 1.7.0 on my laptop as I can play FF IX on there with opengl2 and perfect sound! I will need to wait until a better version of fpse comes out, eventually I will give it a try again then.

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:32 am

ok i'll take a look to this version to understand what could cause the bad sound on your side.

Stay tunned.

Return to “News”