Fpse for Android News

LukeFonFabre
Primary Device: LG Optimus 2X
Operating System: 2.2

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby LukeFonFabre » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:45 pm

can someone tell me what different between play fpse with plugin or without?
if i not wrong,when i load a game with plugin on.
i got an "attention warning"
can it damage my safe files? :?
thank you..

ferrummaster
Primary Device: P990
Operating System: WIN8
ROM: Custom

Postby ferrummaster » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:03 pm

LukeFonFabre wrote:can someone tell me what different between play fpse with plugin or without?
thank you..

I got this error always when I reinstall or update FPSE or OpenGL plugin. I'll save the game in the old way and start the game using memory card and load. Then quicksave, then the new saves will work and load without the warning!

PS.
Same I'll fated P990 user as me, Waiting for the damn ICS for ages :D.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:17 pm

LukeFonFabre wrote:can someone tell me what different between play fpse with plugin or without?
thank you..

for info on the opengl, see the link in my signature.. if you go through the first copule of pages in the thread there are screenshots of with and without the plugin. the plugin greatly enhances 3d graphics, but is not nearly as compatible as the normal, 'softGPU'.

about save states - savestates need to be run using the same audio and video options. save states taken without spusync on cannot be used if you enable spusync. savestates taken in softGPU cannot be used in opengl. Ferrummaster may have a trick that may allow them to work - if so that's great. but in general, the audio and video option must be the same for them to work. Sometimes schtrucks updates will reset some options (like if he updates the spusync / audio plugin, it will revert to default settings). if you don't turn it back on after the update, then your save states won't work. or, if you play with opengl and an update sets fpse back to softgpu, savestates wont work until you turn opengl back on.

opengl cannont damage save files.
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

LukeFonFabre
Primary Device: LG Optimus 2X
Operating System: 2.2

Postby LukeFonFabre » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:26 pm

@ferrummaster yeah im waiting ICS for ages too..that very nice of LG phone.. T__T

@bluezeak wow thanks for the nice info..i got it now.. :)

Bored42
Primary Device: Xperia Play
Operating System: Android
ROM: stock

Postby Bored42 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:03 pm

Im still having trouble with the guncon for Point Blank 3 on xperia play. The cursor still appears and moves to the top right even though I have the guncon control selected.

foleyjo
Enthusiast
Primary Device: JXD S601

Postby foleyjo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:05 pm

I'm using SKELTONS Skelrom v1.5 . Problem is the links on the forum I got it from don't work anymore.

Don't suppose Skelton is still viewing the forum to help out with this one?

foleyjo
Enthusiast

Postby foleyjo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:24 pm

hmmm just been having a look through some posts on the forum where skelton is and it seems it may be related to the rom after all

skelton
Primary Device: JXD s601
Operating System: Windows 7
ROM: Skelrom Alternative ICS

Postby skelton » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:44 pm

schtruck wrote:I found the problem with memcards erased! it's when using SHortcut and you restart games. memcards are cleared. i'm make a QUick bug fix.

@foleyjo, can you send me an email with the rom you are using on your JXD, because i got the same chinese console and i'm not experiencing such.

Foleyjo, is not related to the rom. Using FPSe until 0.11.29 work fine, from that version I cannot configure back button.

It happens in both Skelromd for Gingerbread and ICS.

Hi schrtuck. This is skelrom for s601 ICS.

http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.ph ... 146.0.html

And the Xperia Play patch to use Circle as back and Xperia Play build.prop. (which is basically what it is applied by default in the Skelrom Gingerbread.)

http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.ph ... 157.0.html

Circle button (configured as back) worked fine until version 0.11.29. In last version it shows menu, so I cannot use circle as Back.

Thank you very much for your work. I didn't know you had a s601!

foleyjo
Enthusiast

Postby foleyjo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Sorry Skelton I was looking in this thread

http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.ph ... ,46.0.html

There's a point where soundlag is being discussed but now I read it properly it seems I was mistaken,

I found since I purchased FPSE the sound lagged but was playable. Then the sound was ok except for 2D screens. Then the sound was perfect in 3d and very slight delay in 2D. Then the lag came back in 2d. And currently it's more than a second lag in 2d and lagging in 3d too.
No setting gets rid of the lag

skelton
Primary Device: JXD s601
Operating System: Windows 7
ROM: Skelrom Alternative ICS

Postby skelton » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:09 pm

foleyjo wrote:Sorry Skelton I was looking in this thread

http://forum.openhandhelds.net/index.ph ... ,46.0.html

There's a point where soundlag is being discussed but now I read it properly it seems I was mistaken,

I found since I purchased FPSE the sound lagged but was playable. Then the sound was ok except for 2D screens. Then the sound was perfect in 3d and very slight delay in 2D. Then the lag came back in 2d. And currently it's more than a second lag in 2d and lagging in 3d too.
No setting gets rid of the lag

I don't suffer sound lag on mu JXd s601. Some sound stuttering if I use frame skip in a game, but nothing serious. There is some sound lag in almost all android devices, but nothing remarkable that ruins the experience. If you are having 1 sec of sound lag this is not normal at all.

Return to “News”