Fpse for Android News

sektor_hustle
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Cyanogen Mod 9 Nightly, Devil Kernel

Re: Fpse for Android Discussion/Feedback

Postby sektor_hustle » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:42 pm

lucabelluccini wrote:
sektor_hustle wrote:0.11.34 has little lag on software gpu on samsung galaxy s i-9000 with JellyBean

do you manage to play using opengl?

yes

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:26 pm

i'm adding all missing options (6 or 7) of the opengl plugin that make some games like chrono cross running well.

Kiesman
Primary Device: Samsung GalaxySIII(SGH-I747M)
Operating System: Android 4.0.4
ROM: Stock

Postby Kiesman » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm not exactly sure when you got this fixed, but THANK YOU SO MUCH for fixing the issue with 4:3 screen size not saving! It works perfectly now! That was the one problem that bothered me -- I do a lot of closing and re-opening the app.

I guess I might as well also mention that OpenGL is fairly laggy on the Samsung Galaxy S3 I-747, North American version with the dual-core processor and the 2 GB of RAM. (Not that I actually use OpenGL, but I have friends with the same phone that do.)

I love this app so much. It's wonderful.
Sanity is for Squares.

bluezeak
Guru
Primary Device: motorola bionic
Operating System: Android 2.3.4
ROM: stock

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:55 am

skelton wrote:Hi, I have a JXd s601 (chinese game console) which uses a similar keyboard mapping than Xperia Play
In this console Back is mapped to Circle button (like in Xperia),
I cannot use Circle button
Thanks for this wonderful emulator

See this post. it talks about the gametel, which may not help you.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3773
FPSE OpenGL info - click here

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:00 am

Kayann wrote:Now that things have returned to a relatively stable footing, and given comments made by both schtruck and yourself in regards to OpenGL compatibility between existing OpenGL and OpenGL 2 - ie. OpenGL 2 has better compatibility (of course your comments we in regards to the desktop version) it would seem it is probably the ideal time to 'move on' to development of the OpenGL ES 2 plugin.

I don't know how schtruck is going to implement a opengl2 plugin. However, if schtruck is using the linux version of Pete's plugin then - as far as I know - it was not made open source. That means that it will be much more difficult for Schtruck to tweak and modify it.
There are lots of things he could be doing though, and he may not be using the linux version of Pete's opengl2 plugin, or maybe pete shared the code ;shrug:.

bluezeak
Guru

Postby bluezeak » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:08 am

Xandrex wrote:Just thought I'd post that Fpse after version 29 messed up my games in software mode. Every 3 seconds during battle, the graphs skip, for example in FF8 when a character moves in to attack, there is still an afterimage of him on the previous spot. I'm on a galaxy nexus with the latest Minco rom (JB r4). FF9 has this problem all the time. Would it be possible to reroll to v.29?

Confirmed. skip fix didn't help me. Turning the video thread priority seemed to make it worse, but I did not do extensive testing.
I only had this problem with forced mono core turned off. I never have it truned off though, and would not have noticed this if I wasn't testing for it.
This looks like the same type of issue I noted during the bad versions of this last update where the screen was redrawing the top 1/2. Normally multi-core is 'stuttery' for me, like running with noticable frameskip, and this issue seems like it's the same thing just worse - you can see the spts where it would be 'skipping' by the extra video. This isn't as bad as it was in the 'bad' updates, but it's still worse that it was in 11.29. I think it goes back to the thread priority schtruck is implementing. That thread priorty must make some things better - but some things worse.
As I said, I didn't do a ton of testing, but I didn't notice the problem with 'force monocore' checked.

Also, I had the same issue where my screen went black. it happened right after I turned off 'force monocore' the first time. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but it seemed just like wilk489 described.

skelton
Primary Device: JXD s601
Operating System: Windows 7
ROM: Skelrom Alternative ICS

Postby skelton » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:05 am

bluezeak wrote:
skelton wrote:Hi, I have a JXd s601 (chinese game console) which uses a similar keyboard mapping than Xperia Play
In this console Back is mapped to Circle button (like in Xperia),
I cannot use Circle button
Thanks for this wonderful emulator

See this post. it talks about the gametel, which may not help you.
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=3773

Thanks, but didn't work for me, since my device has its own keyboard (different from gametel). The strange thing is that in version 0.11.29 works like a charm, but not in 0.11.34. Every time I press circle the menu appears.

storm20200
Primary Device: Nexus 7, Galaxy S II (UK)
Operating System: Android
ROM: Stock JB, CyanogenMod 9.1

Postby storm20200 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:42 am

schtruck wrote:i'm adding all missing options (6 or 7) of the opengl plugin that make some games like chrono cross running well.

What else might it effect? Perhaps battle swirls in FF8 and FF9 would improve?
Ragnarok: i5 750 @ 3200MHz | Titan Fenrir | MSI P55-GD65 | 8GiB Vengence 1600MHz CAS 9 | 1GiB 6950 DirectCU II | 60GB Crucial M4 | Samsung F3 500GB | Samsung F3 1TB | Seasonic X-750 | X-Fi XtremeGamer | HAF932 | Win 7 Pro

schtruck
Site Admin
Primary Device: HTC HD2
Operating System: WM 6.5.1 21869
ROM: 1.66

Postby schtruck » Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:13 pm

we'll have to make a tab with what options are necessary for each game. but now it's hard.. 25 options within OpenGL Video Menu...

I think fix i have found the slowdown reported in opengl, it was in fact the same as FPse, a COmpiler version problem, i revert back to Gcc 4.4.3 instead of 4.6 and Tekken3 is faster now...

bdawwwg
Fresh Fish
Primary Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Operating System: Android
ROM: ICS 4.0.4

Postby bdawwwg » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:06 pm

bdawwwg wrote:I have loved using this app since purchasing it, but I've been going CRAZY trying to find a way to get the right-analog-stick to work. I've tried every fix in the forums but still no luck (Keyboard emulation, bypass ime, etc.) it recognizes the R3 button (Thumbstick) but neither axis. Searching the forum I'm not the only person looking for an answer to this issue. Trying to use with Ace Combat 3 (dual analog compatible). Please help!!!

Anyone know of a way to fix this???

Return to “News”